National Park College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for National Park College

N. Ryan

National Park is the perfect place for me to get my degree in Elementary Education. I'm a fulltime nontraditional student, working two jobs, and taking care of my wife and 9 month old baby girl. The professors are knowledgeable, approachable, and there to help whenever I reach out. National Park was the best option for me to go back to school because they really worked with me on my schedule. Most of the buildings and facilities are brand new and really nice. It's a quite campus and I enjoy that. I went two different traditional colleges and was very involved in the college scene lifestyle. Now that I am an adult with a wife and family, I really appreciate just focusing on getting my education. I would really appreciate if I was chosen for the scholarship! My girls are counting on me! We struggle to make ends meet because we are paying out of pocket for my education. Thank you for your consideration.

Matthew

National Park College is a great college. I cannot really say that it is my favorite college since it is the only one that I have ever attended, but I have a hard time imagining things getting any better than this. The instructors are reliable, the classes are fun, and there are many activities to participate in, as well as a wide variety of classes to take.

Overall, it is a good school that is close to home. It is more affordable than other places I have considered and a good start to getting my degree. They've recently opened a new student center with new meal plans-which I'm looking forward to. They are also in the process on building on campus housing.

Crystal

National Park College is a great place for those wanting to begin their journey to earn a degree. The instructors and administration are extremely helpful. There is a tutoring center on campus that is always staffed. It has been my experience that the instructors are more that happy to assist you during office time with course work you may be struggling with. I believe that National Park College is the ideal beginning to the college experience. NPC is always looking for insight from their students and faculty to better their campus experience for future students. I love NPC.

Stacy

Awesome college! Offers online classes that made it possible for me to further my education. Every professor I've ever had at this college has always been extremely available and very helpful with anything and everything that I've come to them with.

I love National Park College. I have attended classes here ever since I was a sophomore in high school and I plan on staying here for at least two more years. It is a great school to "test the waters" of college and you gain a new family very quickly. I have encouraged many of my friends to continue attending National Park College and I have even encouraged at least the idea of National Park College to my friends that are still in high school.

Devin

An awesome, homey school with help available at every corner. From beginning to currentit has been an amazing experience here at national park. The teachers are always here to help, the students are respectful. It's everything you WISHED high school would be.

Jazzlan

I am going into my third semester and have loved most everything about this college. It's easy, laid back, and overall friendly. Everything is organized and the teachers are very responsive. There are activities and places to meet up with other students to hang out, so it is a very social campus.

Bianca

It's a great place to start as a first time college student. The courses range anywhere from business, nursing, arts, and hospitality. It's a cost effective way towards a degree. The professors care about their students' success in class. Financial aid is given to just about every student, making paying for college that much easier. The college has a nice environment. Even off campus there is much to do in town.

Jason

It’s a good school. It is affordable for me. It is close to my home which makes it a short commute. I like the atmosphere of the school. It is laid back and not too much going on. The faculty is friendly. The students who attended are easy to get along with also.

Jillian

My opinion about National Park Community College is somewhat decent. I am in my first semester, and it has been pretty rough at times. My composition teacher is very nice, but she is a feminist/liberal so I have had to read distasteful things. I do not dislike her because of her beliefs, but her “way of thinking” has had a negative impact on my education at times. As a Christian, it was hard to read, “You’re gonna let Jesus F you F you F you!” which was in one of my assigned essays that I had to write about. I was not ashamed to speak my mind about it, but I lost respect in something, though I am not sure what. The teacher, or the people in charge of the school that hired her. Since I take all my classes online, the only reason I have to go up to the college is for groups, and campus activities, or when I got my campus ID. The first time I went to the Anime Club they offer, was the last time I went. The group was very friendly, and somewhat welcoming, but the club seemed to be mostly 12-13 year old’s, which I assume is because it is a community college and others are allowed to participate. They were funny at times, but most were very immature. We were asked to introduce ourselves, we had to say our name, our favorite anime, and something weird about us. I responded with, “I am Jillian Rudd, my favorite anime is Attack On Titan, and something weird about me is I make weird videos for my You Tube Channel.” A few introductions later, a guy said, “My name is such and such, my favorite anime is _______, and something weird about me is, my boyfriend is weird.” This has nothing to do with the faculty of the college of course, so I cannot let this falter my thoughts of the college, but this is related to my experience of the college as whole. but I was very dissatisfied with his answer because he was obviously seeking attention. The question wasn’t about his “boyfriend” but himself. I wasn’t the only one that looked confused, but the whole class did as well. I have also attempted to join their film group they have there. I was skeptical at the first meeting, because there was only a few people there. I was told it was because it was the first meeting for the semester and that it would be better at the next meeting. The next meeting, I had something scheduled that day, so I was helping my county extension agent, since I am a 4-H Fit 4 Life Ambassador. I was teaching 3rd graders about healthy eating, and distorting our portions. I left half way through, having someone fill in for me, while I went to the college to go to the film group meeting, because after all, this was more important to me than being a Fit 4 Life Ambassador since this had to do with my career choice, Cinematographer/Editor. I got to the meeting and it was the same people, except for one other new person. I was discouraged. After the short meeting, yet again feeling like I wasted time, I went back to teaching at the school. A few days later I got an email informing me that the film group will be discontinued until fall semester. My experience has not been all bad at National Park. Before I even got enrolled there, I took my GED at their adult educational center so I could graduate halfway through my junior year of high school, which being homeschooled, it was not hard to do. The two people that helped me with it was super nice and helped me so much with my trouble in math. I completed all the tests on my first try. My only other time at the campus was for free pizza and free T-shirts. There isn’t much to say about it except it was pleasant experience. Who wouldn’t want free pizza and T-shirt?

Jalisa

National park college is a great stepping stone for a 4 year university. It is also known as a great school for medical masters degrees/ I am currently enrolled in the respiratory therapist program and would highly recommend this school. Teachers are always open to assist and counselors are readily available.

Will

8 week courses are chosen indiscriminately which is a huge flaw. No one can learn physics or calculus 2 in 8 weeks.

I love this school, I feel lucky that I have this college available in my home town and I am honored to be a part of this school. I believe it will just get better when student housing is available which they are building now. They offer great online classes for the non-traditional students. I give this college a 5 star review.

Skye

It's a great school except the first semester I had Mr. Pete for comp 1 who asked me in front of the whole class while im in my seat why I just started college. Mr. Pete who can't give a straight answer. How does he know I planned to go to college. There were repeaters of comp 1 and a guy out of prison. Apparently Mr. Pete crossed dressed in high school. It made me hate going to national park and want to live somewhere else as if I wasn't getting an education. He previously worked ay perdue college who accepts any college credits. It says so online on a top ten list. I'm dead set on a business degree and thinking about tourism.