La Jolla, CA
National University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend National University

If you are looking for a college with classrooms that are not impacted, have great professor availability, and has academic advisors who know their stuff, then National University is the college for you! The staff is there for you in every way! I have not had one bad experience with the college. If there was an issue, they were able to fix it promptly. As far as your education, you'll definitely leave class knowing that you have acquired new knowledge that is sure to carry on to your future endeavors. Overall, this college is sure to ensure you are successful while you're in school and once you graduate.

Julia

[My Major was: "General Studies", that is not available in the drop down menu above - nor is "Global Studies"] Had an "academic advisor" who left a lot to desire in the realm of communicating. I chose the online program of "General Studies" where one has to choose from a list from it of two Concentrations however they do not let you know that not ALL of these Concentrations are available online for this online program. I chose Natural Science and Environmental Studies, I happen to go to an Open House at the campus about FOUR MONTHS after I paid and enrolled to inadvertently be informed - and not from my "academic advisor" that these Concentrations for this online program where not available online(?) - they need to inform prospective students of this on the website, plus of course have ones "academic advisor" inform us of this in the beginning. There were some other communication problems with this "academic advisor" as well. Anyway I chose two alternative Concentrations: Global Studies and Sociology, however the first of the two strayed into areas that I never had any interest in that being business and economics. So I ended up just completing six classes there and then withdrawing, I immediately enrolled into another accredited online non-profit college with the Major of Social Science and Concentration of Environmental Studies. Also some classes can take quite a bit of time to get your final grade to you even if there are like only 10 students in the class(?)

Katie

I am really enjoying the school and helpful staff.

I am really enjoying the school and helpful staff.

Lisa

Great school! I love the month long classes that allow me to focus on one class at a time.

Calista

My classmates are working adults with a goal to complete their college degree.

My classmates are working adults with a goal to complete their college degree.

Accomidating class schedule/times.

In a perfect world, after maintaining a 4.0 GPA as a student athlete who volunteers 30+ hours per month throughout high school, you would attend a fancy college and easily afford tuition with grants, scholarships, and loans. After completing your prestigious degree, you get hired at your dream job, get married, have kids and live happily ever after. My advice is to prepare yourself for the “curve-balls” life throws at you. Rather than putting all your eggs into one basket (make choices as if your degree choice is set in stone as a freshman), explore a little bit. Focus on getting your Associate’s Degree first. Take courses that might not be in your area of expertise. Be flexible when you decide that you want to change your major. As a high school senior there is a lot of pressure to be the most completive student, but I would argue that being a competitive person will have a greater impact on your success. You might have to transfer a few times, or possibly take a semester off. Night classes could fit your schedule better. Remain competitive as a person; finish your degree. You will be successful.

Craig

Everyone in my cohort is hungry and ready to move on to the next step in outr lives and careers VERY friendly

RACHAEL

I love this school, the classes are manageable and quick, especially for those of us that work full-time jobs. I also really like the format of the classes, one class per month, which makes it easy to study well and really focus on what you need to know for your field of study. The professors are all very accessible and the counselors make it easy for you by signing you up for the classes you need without hassle. I love NU!

The majority of students are working adults who are trying to better themselves and advance their careers, there are very few (if any) disruptive types, we all are there to learn and grow in a very respectful and comfortable environment.

dalee

National University gives a higher education for a lower cost and is a home away from home. Each staff is very caring and helps you every step of the way. Along with the students that is with you in the program that they have offer.

If I can go back in time and talk to my high school self I would tell myself to do my best on the assessment test for college. Everyone says that assessment test for college does not mean anything but just helps the college know where is your standing point. Think again, if you fail or do horriably wrong on your test it takes longer to get the classes you need to graduate. Took me three years to graduate from a community college and transfer due to taking unnecessary English and math classes. Therefore, every test you are given do not take it as a joke always do your best. Because if you know you did your best you can never be mad at yourself.

The kind of person whom should not attend National University is people whom does not know the their major.

Jeb

Highly enforced learning and encouraged self competition to provide give students a proper learning enviroment to become better..

Don't take a break from school and don't consider that things are only easier without an education. Because they're not!

The style of learning gives me ample time to collect my thoughts and make positive progress. Also, at the same time classes are only a month long however be prepared to work!

Terri

My undergrad work was completed at a 4-year university. My grad work was and will be completed at National University. I chose National University because of the online learning program, accelerated monthly classes, and the flexibility it allowed me as a working mother of four children. I was able to go back to school to further my education and career as a Special Education teacher as well as enjoy my family and all of my children's various activities and sporting events.

If I could go back in time, knowing what I know now about college life, I would tell Terri to work on better organizational skills; get used to an organizer and using it. I would tell her that being famous for her procrastination skills is really not that special; that when you enter college, and have to work, it is truly a hinderance! I would advice Terri to immerse herself in books and develop a passion for reading; it helps when you enter college and are faced with tons of reading to get through. I would encourage Terri to look at college differently this time around; that it's OK to have fun, go to games/parties, etc., but that there must be a responsibility and a balance between having fun and studying. Too much of one without the other does not make for an enjoyable college experience! I would tell Terri that you do not HAVE to get it done in 4 years. Ideally, that would be great, but realistically, it's not worth it nor is it possible, when you have to balance school and working full-time! Especially if you strive for A's and B's!

National University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.