La Jolla, CA
National University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend National University

Lisa

Great school! I love the month long classes that allow me to focus on one class at a time.

Calista

My classmates are working adults with a goal to complete their college degree.

My classmates are working adults with a goal to complete their college degree.

Accomidating class schedule/times.

In a perfect world, after maintaining a 4.0 GPA as a student athlete who volunteers 30+ hours per month throughout high school, you would attend a fancy college and easily afford tuition with grants, scholarships, and loans. After completing your prestigious degree, you get hired at your dream job, get married, have kids and live happily ever after. My advice is to prepare yourself for the “curve-balls” life throws at you. Rather than putting all your eggs into one basket (make choices as if your degree choice is set in stone as a freshman), explore a little bit. Focus on getting your Associate’s Degree first. Take courses that might not be in your area of expertise. Be flexible when you decide that you want to change your major. As a high school senior there is a lot of pressure to be the most completive student, but I would argue that being a competitive person will have a greater impact on your success. You might have to transfer a few times, or possibly take a semester off. Night classes could fit your schedule better. Remain competitive as a person; finish your degree. You will be successful.

Craig

Everyone in my cohort is hungry and ready to move on to the next step in outr lives and careers VERY friendly

RACHAEL

I love this school, the classes are manageable and quick, especially for those of us that work full-time jobs. I also really like the format of the classes, one class per month, which makes it easy to study well and really focus on what you need to know for your field of study. The professors are all very accessible and the counselors make it easy for you by signing you up for the classes you need without hassle. I love NU!

The majority of students are working adults who are trying to better themselves and advance their careers, there are very few (if any) disruptive types, we all are there to learn and grow in a very respectful and comfortable environment.

dalee

National University gives a higher education for a lower cost and is a home away from home. Each staff is very caring and helps you every step of the way. Along with the students that is with you in the program that they have offer.

If I can go back in time and talk to my high school self I would tell myself to do my best on the assessment test for college. Everyone says that assessment test for college does not mean anything but just helps the college know where is your standing point. Think again, if you fail or do horriably wrong on your test it takes longer to get the classes you need to graduate. Took me three years to graduate from a community college and transfer due to taking unnecessary English and math classes. Therefore, every test you are given do not take it as a joke always do your best. Because if you know you did your best you can never be mad at yourself.

The kind of person whom should not attend National University is people whom does not know the their major.

Jeb

Highly enforced learning and encouraged self competition to provide give students a proper learning enviroment to become better..

Don't take a break from school and don't consider that things are only easier without an education. Because they're not!

The style of learning gives me ample time to collect my thoughts and make positive progress. Also, at the same time classes are only a month long however be prepared to work!

Terri

My undergrad work was completed at a 4-year university. My grad work was and will be completed at National University. I chose National University because of the online learning program, accelerated monthly classes, and the flexibility it allowed me as a working mother of four children. I was able to go back to school to further my education and career as a Special Education teacher as well as enjoy my family and all of my children's various activities and sporting events.

If I could go back in time, knowing what I know now about college life, I would tell Terri to work on better organizational skills; get used to an organizer and using it. I would tell her that being famous for her procrastination skills is really not that special; that when you enter college, and have to work, it is truly a hinderance! I would advice Terri to immerse herself in books and develop a passion for reading; it helps when you enter college and are faced with tons of reading to get through. I would encourage Terri to look at college differently this time around; that it's OK to have fun, go to games/parties, etc., but that there must be a responsibility and a balance between having fun and studying. Too much of one without the other does not make for an enjoyable college experience! I would tell Terri that you do not HAVE to get it done in 4 years. Ideally, that would be great, but realistically, it's not worth it nor is it possible, when you have to balance school and working full-time! Especially if you strive for A's and B's!

Trisha

That guy your life revolves around? The one who controls you and makes you feel like less than you are? In college, he does not matter. In college, you'll wish you'd focused more on the important things. You'll wish you weren't so desperate to grow up, and that you'd taken that homework a little more seriously and listened to your teachers when they told you that you were wasting your talent. In college, you'll wonder why you waited so long. You'll feel at home, and blissfully stressed. You'll get used to your classes eventually, and you'll do well, but you'll wish you could go back and tell yourself that the things you feel are so important now are incredibly fleeting. In college, high school feels like a dream you only half remember. Your classes are hard, but not too hard because you're smarter than you give yourself credit for. You should make it easier on yourself. Believe that you're worthy of an education, of being more than what you could settle for. I have just one wish for you, and that is for you to succeed, for yourself.

Zachary

My classmates overall were quite committed, passionate, and helpful. I made some of my life's best friendships at the University of Oregon.

Freshmen in college find themselves on a new path in life, one that forks in countless directions that all lead on thrilling life journeys. Unfortunately, typical students underestimate complexity of the choices that they will be faced with and consequently under-prepare for their first year of university. They enter college with very little real world experience and generally are not fully matured. I was one of those typical cases. If I could give “young me” advice, I would tell him to actively volunteer and make the world a better place. Volunteerism would have given me a new perspective and encouraged me to mature. Like many adolescents, I knew that volunteerism was positive, but I did not realize how beneficial it truly was. Similarly, I failed to understand how much it would make me grow. My first experiences with charity and community outreach came long after high school. Through these experiences, I grew immensely as an individual. Volunteerism taught me to truly value life, and to connect with people in a way that I never had before. These experiences would have been priceless, and they would have made my transition into life as a mature adult for more fulfilling.

The school had great professors, but they seemed to come and go, especially in the Economics department.

Kawika

There really is nowhere else to go without a college degree Kawika. You’re arrogance and overconfidence are blinding your vision to see your future. Our future. Do you really believe that because after a reading a few articles of how “computer science degrees aren’t worth the time” with other toxic statements such as “you could learn everything you need to learn online.” True – but at what cost to you? Why struggle when you could maintain the traditional route. The arguments such as “Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates are college dropouts. If they can do it why can’t I?” The answer is simple Kawika. It’s because you’re not them. Your over-affectionate mother falsely boosted your confidence, telling you how much “smarter you are than the other kids.” You’ve been feeding off this spoon of deceit, and it’s time you stop being scared and dive deep. We’re living in a generation where ignorance seems to be a choice – at least in the US. We have access to so much information at such little cost to us, but we refuse to use it. This is your time to explore Kawika, don't be afraid.

National University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.