Naugatuck Valley Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Naugatuck Valley Community College

Thomas

Clueless advisors, reps and faculty members that don't know how to respond to emails or answer phones. Their 2 year degrees take more than two years because they advise you poorly on scheduling classes. This school tried dropping surprise tuition charges on my account and they tried negating my financial aid because their financial aid rules on the website are vague or they contradict their own rules and the CSCU rules for the whole state. If you send an appeal expect to be waiting weeks on end while playing phone tag or getting no answer, only for your appeal to be denied anyway. Now they've outsourced their admissions phone line to a call center, so I imagine it's only gotten worse. Also, they offer no meal plans and the food is overpriced. Save your money and effort and study somewhere else if you can.

Tyana

At first, I was against going to a Community College. I wanted the University experience of an college, but I realized going to a community is the best thing for me. It's small, affordable and you will be able to engage a lot more due to the size of the classrooms and school. Naugatuck is really helpful when it comes to their students.

Caitlin

NVCC is pretty much your average joe of colleges. It’s the college you don’t want to go to growing up because you’d rather be in a prestigious vintage old timey college that has large rooms and vaulted ceilings and gargoyles around the school, the kind you see in movie portrayal of college. But instead NVCC ends up being your college because you realize you’d rather be close to home around the people you love.

Mariah

Naugatuck Valley is a great school to attend, if you are not sure what you want to major in. The teachers and tutors at the school are always there to help keep you on track. The staff genuinely cares about their students and values their opinion. There is mutual respect between staff and students here.

Anna-Nicole

The school has its ups and downs, just like any school. The theatre program is a wonderful highlight of the school. The classes are well structured and the students are passionate. This program is excellent for anyone looking to start on a smaller scale before transitioning into a full on conservatory or BA/BFA program.

Autumn

NVCC is a great school if you're looking for a commute. There's no on-campus living at all. The price to attend is amazing (a third of our big universities) and the classes and professors are great. Campus living? Not so much. The food isn't wonderful, but we have a nice game room in the cafe area and if you like video games you'll be pleased to know we have a club and students hauled a T.V. right into the cafe! Our arts department is fantastic and our theater department is next to none. If you want a school that is affordable, close to home, and has wonderful curriculars then you'r ein for a real treat!

Nathan

I thought It was a great start to college and experiencing it. Loved the professors, they were extremely helpful and nice, wanted you to push hard. Even though I just finished with my certification there I might head back there in the future. Only God knows!

A very nice college, sadly only a two-year so there are many advanced courses it doesn't offer, but it's still great for getting credits in before transferring. There are always resources available to help you if you need it, and plenty of opportunities to find a job on campus.

Kristy

I have liked every professor I have taken a class with this far. They seem to grade fairly and are pretty much always available through email or office hours. The campus is easy to get around. I feel like I am getting a good quality education for a fair price.

Donna

This is the third degree that I am receiving so I have other campuses to compare to. For a community college the atmosphere of learning is amazing. Professors want you to set and achieve goals. There is a free tutoring center with top notch tutors. Overall it's pretty amazing.

Katelyn

Naugatuck Valley is a beautiful school with wonderful professors. The community atmosphere is everywhere. You can also ask for a helping hand or find someone who needs one. The value of education that I am receiving at NVCC far surpasses what I received at my previous institution, Sacred Heart University. I would recommend this school to anyone because it has truly mastered the art of catering to everyone's needs. It allows all students to be involved as much as they can, and the Facility itself is always very clean. It is a beautiful well maintained campus.

adeja

This school is really good. It opens up a lot of opportunity's for students and is a great environment. The only problem i can think of is that the cafe is a little expensive but there is a alternative place to eat that has a student discount. If you want to start off your education or finish , this is the place to go.

Michelle

Good local community college. Classes were good but would have liked to have more ability to reach the professors during non classroom time. Staff and students are friendly and interactive. Good library resources. Took several online classes along with in classroom classes and found both types to easy enough to handle. To summarize, I would recommend Naugatuck Valley Community college for students just starting college and for adults looking to advance in their careers.

Sandra

I think Naugatuck Valley is a great school for beginners. It isn't too challenging to the point where you want to quit. The staff are all friendly and it's a very welcoming environment. When I transfer, I'm going to be sad to leave. I had a wonderful experience here so far. I recommend it to anyone in the state of Connecticut who's looking to continue their education!

Matthew

I really enjoy Naugatuck Valley Community College. This school has a really great academic learning environment. The professors are always available to help students in their academic studies. The tuition is always very reasonable and it is right close to home. I really enjoy the classes very much!

Carly

NVCC is the ideal school for students looking to save money and buy themselves some time to see what their passions are. I was expecting better social aspects as well as a friendly atmosphere. However, most people are there to get in and out, and would rather stick to themselves. Of course there are opportunities to make friends, but it is completely up to you to do so. I have had my car vandalized for having a political sticker and the teachers are mostly left-sided. The education is the same as any other school, but the math programs are watered down, so be ready for a transition to a four-year school. I want to get out of here as soon as possible, but I am using the time I have here to explore what I might want to do. There are clubs, but they are small or not a focus. There are vending machines and cafeteria food, but it is expensive. Go here if you want to save money, if you are working, or if you don't know what you want to do yet.

Jada

There’s definitely work to be done but overall for a community college, the school has a lot of opportunities for students not normally found in a two year school. I would recommend this school for anyone who may be unsure of what direction they want to go in or what major they’d like to pursue, solely for the low cost classes and extra curricular activities offered.