Crownpoint, NM
Navajo Technical University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Navajo Technical University

michaell

It's a good school to start out at; although now a University, it lacks the professionalism needed. The financial department in charge of the university has a chain of command in which there is no official person appointed to give a say, yes or no, when information is needed. The biggest fault in my opinion is the school refusing to disperse any remaining financial aid until all paper work meets their needs, regardless if aid has been awarded.

Victor

Awesome place to get away from city life, a picture perfect scenery to and from campus great instructors that teach from a real world experiences. A little of a drive to get to a city but guarantied no distractions, i do not stay on campus but all facilities are new.

It is a good school, but at the same time it is in the middle of nowhere.

It is a good school, but at the same time it is in the middle of nowhere.

Casey

So far, everything is great, but not the greatest. I mean, sure there are few problems here and there, but it's not that bad at all. Despite being a small campus, we do have activities going around, especially since it's in the autumn and winter is not far from behind. Also from what I heard of this campus is that you can actually get hands on experience

Shanna

My overall opinion about NTC is, it's a really good school. It's convenient and close to home for so many students. The staff and faculty are very helpful and available when scheduled arrangements are made. There are many student activities, there isn't only one. A lot of groups and clubs. It's very good in academics.

Chance

It is a great school for minorities mainly for Native American students. There is a endless possibilities here, you just have to come here and see for yourself. I think it is a great school, with benefits such as job placement program and internships that are easy to fill out. This school will help you in any they can, you just got to do your part and they will do their part too.

Eric
Why did you decide to go to this school?

Why did you decide to go to this school?

Time to get started on a new career and help my family by being an example to my siblings by prove anyone can achieve their goals.

There are clubs and organizations here at our school the town is small so trying to l liven up the place but the goal is to prevent boredom. I am involved with two groups American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES) and National Technical Honor Society which help promote the STEM fields. No, i think everyone wants their privacy and have some relaxation. Our school doesn't have the facilities for that but try to improve these events. People date but i don't pay attention to see who is dating. We come from the same town. I am studying at 2 am or I just can't sleep. None that i can recall. Mostly everyone commutes here to the college and what they do in their time is their business. The college here doesn't have any fraternities or sororities. I studied last weekend, i was having problems with homework. Personally I go and watch a movie. I like to go fishing any time or any place.

Darrell

Navajo Technical College is an outstanding campus to attend because it is friendly and relaxing atmosphere. The student body are eager to gain knowledge to advance their chosen careers. The academic clubs here attend competitions and bring back trophies. By hearsay, NavajoTech has some of the best technology among Native American institutions. By that, I mean AutoCAD, my chosen studies, program has up-to-date applications.

Navajo Technical College is unique because the school is mostly native americans, my people, Navajos. I enjoy being able to attend class with students of my own background, living on and off the Navajo reservation. It is extremely an honor to be able to communicate with my fellow student body in my native tongue, Dineh (Navajo). Especially, to assist and/or instruct in Dineh to those that understand, usually older student that can communicate in their native tongue. Although, I don't consider myself to be an example I try to put some effort towards getting my assignments done.

READ AND STUDY! Few famous quotes have had an impact on my life. I've not always listen to my elders but through reading Quotable Quotes from the Readers Digest I've gained some insight to simple wisdom of yesterday's leaders and heroes. Although I rarely read quotes from my native elders in the Quotable Quotes section of Reader's Digest. I did read a quote from Albert Einstein that struck me as simple genius. He quoted something to this effect,"a young man asked me if I knew the answer to a random astronomical calculation and I told him that I don't need to memorize frivolous information when I can look it up in the dictionary or use a calculator..." Up to that point I tried to memorize quotable quotes because I thought that it was neat to be able to bring a quote in conversation and be dubbed intelligent. Nonetheless, one day I walked aimlessly into an Native Center in Salt Lake City, where I recognized a figure of Chief Manualito, a great Navajo Chief) on a poster with his statement "education is the ladder of success"... Then, I knew I needed an education someday.

Devin

If I could go back in time and advise myself about college life I would say, Devin start making plans about college and go to the colleges, plus check online for scholarships. Life is tough without some sort of degree or no schooling to show that you are smart and can perform the duties that your job requires you to do. There is alot of help out there and since you still have the passionates for studying, continue school. College life is fun and full of adventure and activities. Learn all you can because your children will want to know what you know and how you came about learning it, making you a good father figure.

I best thing about my school is the access to technology in such a remote location, the dorms that are available to us, and considering that it is in such a remote location helps keep you focused on school.

The education taught to the students is not testing their abilities to learn more and since the school is in such a remote location, employment is hard to find for those who do need money.

Navajo Technical University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.