Lincoln, NE
Nebraska Wesleyan University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Nebraska Wesleyan University

Makayla

Nebraska Wesleyan is a perfect fit for anyone looking for a small-town experience in college. Academics are placed high on the scale, just below the health and well-being of every student. Its smaller campus allows for students to be involved in the various activities and to grab ahold of the traditions the school carries. Wesleyan embraces students' unique abilities and has a full staff ready to provides assistance wherever needed.

Emmalie

Nebraska Wesleyan is an amazing school whose primary focus is on its students. Overall academically challenging, Nebraska Wesleyan is also culturally and socially challenging. Many classes have students examine where they stand and rethink certain "truths". The small class size has its benefits and disadvantages however.

Connor

The people and programs of Nebraska Wesleyan make it an easy place to call home; I love it here.

Nebraska Wesleyan is best known for its advanced academic qualities; this private institution offers some of the best academic opportunities in the state. Anyone with the right work ethic and knowledge base is lucky to call this university home. The professors truly care about the success and well-being of their students while the counselors and advisors offer convenient and helpful amenities. I can't imagine continuing my education anywhere else.

The first thing I would tell myself would be to relax. As a high school student I never realized how many college students had no idea what they wanted to do for the rest of their life. I was immensely stressed going into college with worry of where life would take me. The first tip concerning college would be to tell myself to take chances and explore. I knew I didn't want to be a business man sitting in a cubicle working on paperwork from nine to five, but my mother wanted that life for me because I was skilled in accounting and business. I finally explored the life of physical therapy several years later and am so thankful I did. Nobody is perfect, and taking chances can lead to some of the best experiences in life, within reason of course.

Sierra

The combination of Wesleyan being a liberal arts school and the smaller campus makes for an amazing experience. In my classes, my professors have done an excellent job of not teaching you WHAT to think, but rather HOW to think. Classes are often very discussion-based, so we all get to share our opinions and learn more from different perspectives. Critical thinking and creativity are encouraged. Even in my math class, which, by nature, is more memorization than anything, my professor incorporates different projects that give us a little bit of creative wiggle room.

In high school, it's too easy to get caught up in what people think of you. What I realized too late is that others' opinions of you don't matter. Who cares what they think? Your friends and family know the real you, and that's what really counts. Letting your peers' negativity cripple your own outlook on life is only hurting you, and the damage lingers. It's more important to be true to yourself and disregard the masses. The other thing that it's easy to obsess over is grades. Don't get me wrong, good grades are important in opening up opportunities for higher education. High ACT scores can win you some fantastic scholarships! But it's essential to find balance and not spread yourself too thin. Sacrificing social events and time with family and friends because of a devotion to school work is something you'll regret. The same thing applies to work. Working is great; it earns you much needed money and provides good real world experience. But there are many valuable moments in life that you will miss if you have your blinders on, focused on school and your job. Balance is key.

Honestly, I felt very prepared to arrive on campus. Wesleyan did a fantastic job of keeping me informed all the way through the process of applying and letting me know what to expect. The only thing I wish I would have known is that attending the summer registration would have made life much easier! I was unable to make it, so I had to register late and did not have a school email until a few days before classes. I ended up missing a lot of important emails! So, register for everything early, and the rest is smooth sailing.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high schooler I would tell myself to take challenging and difficult courses in high school. The high school curriculum does not prepare you for the college curriculum. I would tell myself to take college and AP courses. I would also tell myself to learn good study habits. Studying is a major part of college and if you don't develop good habits while in high school, the first sememster is going to be rough. I would also tell myself to relax. College is not as bad as some people make it out to be. It is a lot of work, but it is also a lot of fun! I would tell myself to enjoy the first semester, but also work hard and set yourself up for a good future in college.

The most frustrating thing is the expectations the professors have for you. Its not frustrating in a bad way, but the amount of work and difficulty of some work can be overwhelming. The professors know the true potential of their students and they will push them to be their absolute best.

Jenny

Nebraska Wesleyan is not just a school; but rather an experience that takes classroom learning and makes it applicable to the real world while also providing students with the background to comprehend, question, and successfully assimilate to today's rapidly advancing soceity.

Nebraska Wesleyan is a community of people with a desire to learn from one another. Stepping onto campus everyone is eager to meet you, shake your hand, and tell you their story. This college has a way of enveloping your mind and challenging you in a way you never thought possible. The second I stepped foot onto Wesleyan's campus I knew it was the college of my dreams. With a 13:1 student to faculty, a beautiful campus, and an air of complete acceptance, Wesleyan was exactly what I was looking for!

Don't be afraid of your future because you are so much smarter, braver, and ready than you believe. College is a time to discover who you are and Wesleyan is the place where you belong!

JBenjamin

I would tell myself to choose a field that would teach applicable skills. Studying arts and humanities courses proved to be very interesting, but did not lead to a job after my undergraduate education was complete. If I had paired my sociology studies with a hard science or math (which I ended up doing during my graduate education), the job opportunities would have been more plentiful.

The best thing about Nebraska Wesleyan University was the opportunity to get involved with student groups on campus which allow students to get connected and opens doors for the future. For example, I participated in Global Service Learning. This group traveled domestically and internationally, learning about other cultures while completing service projects.

The lack of research opportunities available puts students who want to pursue graduate education at a disadvantage as they enter the world of large graduate research institutions.

Jordan

I would tell myself to cherish every moment with my high school peers because once college starts those relationships are not the same. A person goes from seeing their best high school friends every day to seeing these same people once or twice a month. It is a brutal transition and college forces you to exit your comfort zone and mingle with absolute strangers. I would also tell myself to be as active and enthusiastic as possible during the remainder of my high school career because once college you go from the big man on campus to an unknown figure. I loved my high school experience there is not much I would want to change. My advice to myslef and any other high school senior would be live life to the fullest and make as many memories as possible.

Jaclyn

I actually, would go back to when I was sophmore and told myself to go get another job after being fired from my first and only job, then that way I would of stayed out of trouble and would of been able to actually afford some of the classes I need to take. i would also tell myslef to not let the pressures of senior year to get to me and just have fun. Sometime I really do wish i can go back in time becuase i would have a way different life right now if it wasnt for my mistakes.

Ansley

I would recommend to myself to practice better studying habbit. Senior year is the easiest year, but it helps to actually study and apply all the concepts that you learn into your life. If I knew about how the big transition from high school to college I would have less trouble studying for my classes this semester.

Nebraska Wesleyan University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.