Lincoln, NE
Nebraska Wesleyan University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Nebraska Wesleyan University

Sierra

My classmates are the most considerable people i know. They are friends i will have forever and people that share the same interests as me!

Being a senior I wouldnt have thought about how big of a change going to college would have been! i would have thought more about all of the fun things and new experiences i was going to be apart of. I would also think more about what i wanted to do in my future instead of stressing about the "dollars" My relatives always told me that college is the best four years of your life and now i know that it really is!

The amount of money that it costs to go here! Dont get me wrong it is one heck of a University but it just bothers me to think i have to write that big of a check every semester to go to school. It doesnt bother me that much though becuase i can never imagine going to any other school than Nebraska Wesleyan! This is HOME to me.

Rebecca

The friendliness and wonderful atmosphere. :) I feel quite at home at Wesleyan. It's also nice that they have such a great repuatation. When people hear "Wesleyan," then they know that you are serious about your education.

Don't be so scared! College isn't as horrifying an idea as you think! The people here are amazing and really nice. You even make a lot of amazing new friends and meet so many wonderful people. The opportunites presented to you are far and wide, and I know you will be happy here. Happier than you have been in quite some time. Right now, you are wondering how you are even going to be able to keep up with all that difficult college homework while juggling your job and those extracurricular classes you wanted to do, but you are worrying a little bit too much. You pass your first semester with flying colors! My advice to you? Don't look back. Unfortunately, you will lose some friends along the way, but you gain so much more than you lose. You find love, friends, family, and pick up pieces you have been missing. This is where you and I start to define me. This is where we get to become the teacher that we have always wanted to be!

The professors! :) Pretty much every professor I have had or just meet have been amazing. They are funny and really excited about what they teach. I also love the smallness of the college. It gives it a much more homey feeling, and even the people here are super nice. One of the best aspects for me too is how small the class sizes are so you really get to know your classmates and get better help from the professors. You also tend to get to see others from your major a lot!

Rebecca

Everyone is super friendly. The campus is really beautiful and the professors for your classes will work with you if you get behind. Office people are so friendly and will go out of their way to remember your name. Also, the security guards on campus are really nice and will keep you safe, don't be afraid of them. Another really awesome thing about Wesleyan is that they will work with you to make sure that you get your major done when you want it done and that you don't forget anything.

Dear Rebecca, Don't you dare worry about not making friends. This is your dream, your life, make the most of it. You will have a rough time at first, and you will want to give up, but you won't because you and I were raised stronger than that. You will lose your roommate within the first week, but you will gain some best friends that make college and life worth any hardships that come your way. Don't worry about grades, professors will help you, and student assistants will too. Also, don't worry about falling into some guys lies and deciet because your new best friend will introduce you to a gentleman that will steal your heart and you will be together for a while. He will have to leave for the navy, and your heart will heart, but the letters and the promise of him comming home will make everything ok. You have wonderful family in college, and all your worries now, all your saddness, it will evaporate when you get here where I am today. Don't worry. You will be somebody some day. Also, take chances! Good things will come from unexpected events!

The worst thing? All freshman have the same meal plan. It doesn't matter how your schedule interfers with meal times or if you never eat breakfast. You tend to over pay for meals as a freshman. There are of course, grab and go meals when the lunch room is closed, but it's not always that convenient.

Regina

What I've gotten out of attending college is more than just an education, I've learned that it's okay to be good at things. I don't have to do worse on a test, not run as fast in a race, or not be as creative to make sure I fit in. I don't need to fit in anymore and that's allowed me to excell and be who I am and know that it's okay for me to build exceptional work. I can be proud of the hard work I've done and not feel bad about myself because someone else didn't get as far. I've learned that I'm my own responsibility and taking responsibility for myself I get to take pride in my actions. My work is spectacular and I love it.

Deanna

My school is best known for academics and a wide variety of majors. Also it has a really good study abroad program.

In the past year and a half that I have been attending college I have recieved an education and experience that I wouldn't trade for anything. I've learned so much and why it is important that I attend college. I have taken classes that I enjoy and have been able to experiment with classes that I might be interested in making a profession out of. It's been a very valuable and rewarding experience because it's allowed me to experiment with the different fields that I am interested in. I know that having this experience has given me knowledge that I will take with me and pass on to others. I have enjoyed this experience so much that I have decided to become a teacher so that I can share my experiences with other students that may not think they are able to go to college. But by sharing my story I will be able to show them that there is always a way for them to extend their education and why it is so important that they do.

The best thing about my school is the wide variety of classes offered.

Gabriella

I have learned how to study which is something that is hard to do. Learning how to study has helped make my study time alot less than what it used to be. Also, being able to study right helps me take in more information and to be able to relate that information to the class that I'm studying. Time is a very important thing in college, and if you can't manage your time, you will get behind in your studies or you won't have enough sleep at all. So learning how to study can give you more time to do other things, also can help you study more efficiently so you will be able to recall the information better.

The worst thing about my school, it that there is not as much diversity as I thought there would be. My high school had over 20 different ethnicities attending, but here there isn't much variety. It also makes me feel like an outsider with so many caucasian people and no one else that is of my ethnicity.

You should not try and attend this college if your going to only slack off and waster your parents money. Also this university is not a party school, it is a school that had a demanding academic criteria and if your not willing to put effort into all of your classes then it is best that you do not even try to apply.

Natasha

Hardworking and determined young adults who make the most of their education.

Hardworking and determined young adults who make the most of their education.

The teachers are friendly and more than willing to help you. Your not a number at NWU. The teachers know you and your learning abilities. They schedule time to meet you if you need. Each department had a few free tutors to help you study. While education plays a heavy role in a students life at NWU there are all sorts of extracurricular activities to participate in, including intramurral sports, greek systems, and various clubs.

I study hard, try to do my best, and I seek out help when I don't understand something. I have learned that while good grades are to be sought they are not everything in life. This was a hard lesson to learn. In high school I had a 4.0 GPA and grades were everything and in college I have a 2.80 and study more than I did in high school. Sometimes you won?t understand something no matter how hard you try. It isn?t a failure to know you can?t do something just an awareness of your limits. The important thing is the journey and what you've learned. I have learned that one of the greatest things to do with your life is to give to others. With this in mind I am actively involved in my Circle K club, which has a different volunteer opportunity each month. Life is about the journey, you should try your hardest in college and life and not be heartbroken when you don?t achieve your goal -as long as you learned something.

Monica

Your classmates can be some of your best friends, especially when it comes time to study for a test!

You're in a hurry to grow up, leave high school, and be independent. Slow down a little bit and enjoy this last year of high school because once it's gone it's not coming back. When the big day comes, when you feel scared and overwhelmed, just remember that your parents believe in you. Don't be afraid to ask for help. There are lots of people on campus who are willing to help. Don't fool yourself into thinking that you know everything or that you don't need to study because it will come back to hurt you. Organize your time, schedule enough study time and you will be just fine. Have fun! You don't have to sit in your dorm room alone every night. Most importantly, have faith in yourself. You can do this, you were meant to do this, this is YOUR dream. So make it happen.

A serious student who wants the most out of their education should consider Nebraska Wesleyan University.

My classmates at Nebraska Wesleyan University are students who take their studies seriously, enjoy the additional challenges that a liberal arts university requires, participate regularly in extracurricular activities both as participants and spectatiors, and still finds time the have the social life and fun that a young college student enjoys.

The transition from a high school senior living at home to a college freshman living on a college campus away from home is a larger challenge than you can ever imagine. The emotions you will feel as you leave your parents home to face the new and exciting experiences a life away from home will bring, are like nothing you have ever felt. Excitement, the fear of the unknown, and sadness all wrapped up into one. The life on campus is a much faster and more challenging life than what you experienced as a high school senior. Skills of time management, problem solving, getting along with other people and their differing opinions are skills that will have to be developed and refined as you live your life on campus. You will meet many new people from backgrounds that are very different from yours. Your college life will be full of new choices that will require you to make a decision. Your decision may not always be the right one, but if you learn from your mistakes, you will learn as much or more from your life out of the classroom as you will from each college course you take.

A student who attends Nebraska Wesleyan should be the type of student that is willing to put forth the maximum effort into learning all they can in each course that they are enrolled in. The class sizes are small so the student should be willing to ask questions of the professor to gain all the knowlege available to the student in each class. Participation in extracurricular activies should be a strong goal of the student, as well as enjoying the benefits of on campus living since students not living in Lincoln, Nebraska are required to live on campus.

H

Nebraska Wesleyan University has a beautiful campus. We are considered an arboretum, which entails a great diversity in trees as well as plants on the campus. The maintenance staff at Wesleyan is wonderful! The maintain the grounds beautifully and promptly. Wesleyan also offers programs that are very uniquely tailored to each student. I felt very at home here, and the faculty/staff that I met with made me feel important and fit an educational plan to my goals.

As a high school senior, I was one of the few in my class not looking forward to graduation. It was the first BIG change in my life. My advise to myself as a high school senior is to relax. Enjoy your last semester of high school, but realize that college is going to be just as fun and educational as high school. I would tell myself not to worry about fitting in at college or about not being good enough in my extra-curricular activities. Confidence is important in college. I think you gain a great deal of confidence as you grow in your college life, but it is also important to come into college with a confidence in yourself. It is also important to get involved. Another piece of adivse I would give myself as a high school senior is to get more involved on campus during my freshman year. By being involved on campus, you meet great people and create lasting friendships. Those friendships will get you through many low times during your college career as well as your life. Overall, I would tell myself to love life and not worry so much.

The most frustrating aspect of Nebraska Wesleyan University is communication between the housing department and the students/residents. Many problems have occurred due to either miscommunication or no communication whatsoever about details and stipulations of housing policies and residence issues. Clear cut answers to questions posed by students/residents as well as some flexibility during breaks would be a nice improvement.

Nebraska Wesleyan University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.