Lincoln, NE
Nebraska Wesleyan University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Nebraska Wesleyan University

Kaylee

Having to look back on my senior year and giving advice to myself is one I enjoy. There are many memories I enjoyed but also many things I would have changed. First and most important thing I would tell myself is to push to the end. As hard as the class is, keep pushing. The harder you push and the more you accomplish the better off it is in the end. Second, I would tell myself to start taking better notes in class and read BEFORE the class instead of after the class. Reading before the class helps you get a better understanding of what is going on for that day?s lesson. Finally, I would tell myself to relax. Being a high school senior is one of the hardest times in your life. You are finishing up your big tests, college visits, and scholarship applications. When doing your final visits keep an open mind about it and relax. It is not something to get worked up about. It is just college right? Relax and enjoy it. The end will come sooner then you think.

Nebraska Wesleyan University is a university that fits anybody?s lifestyle and/or personality. The university is one of the most diverse campuses I have been on. Everybody gets along with each other. As a business major, I have made friends with at least one person in almost every department on campus. Many prospective students think that Nebraska Wesleyan is a University that rich smart kids go to. That is in correct. There are many different income groups and a wide range of students that are academically smart in different areas.

When talking to my friends about Nebraska Wesleyan University, I emphasize on the class size and how helpful all of the professors are. As a freshman, college is an overwhelming experience the first year. Being a freshman at Nebraska Wesleyan, the professors and upperclassman helped me make it as un-overwhelming as possible. The first year there was a breeze. The class size and help from professors made it all the best. I would recommend going to Nebraska Wesleyan University!

Find out as much as you can about finances and situations that will help with tuition.

More of the importance on my GPA for scholarships and financial aid.

The proffesors willingness to work with students in their extra times ot make sure we understand what we are doing.

Kristine

When trying to decide on a college, you need to make priorites of what you are actually trying to find. Also, one thing that helped me the most was actually going to the campus and taking a campus tour. The friendly atmosphere and having the opportunity to see classes in action really got me thinking that I could picture myself there. Along with the campus tour, I was able to meet with real professors from the university. Not all places allow their professors to take time out of their busy schedule to talk to prospective students, so I could already feel the deeper connection students make with their professors. Once I arrived, I knew I wasn't just a number. I came from a small town, so it felt welcoming when professors would call you by your name. While at NWU, I was also able to take a class during my first semester that changed my outlook on life and my major. In this class we were required to do a service-learning project. I chose to do mine with immigrants who were struggling to learn English. I loved this experience so much, that I became a volunteer ESL teacher.

It would be best if the student is looking for that small campus that is located in a college town. Also, they must be ready to be challenged in the classroom.

You get the opportunity to know professors on a one-on-one basis, which helps you make connections for future careers. Also, the class sizes are just right so you are a student known by name rather than a number.

Darren

Make sure you choose the college that fits you and one that your comfortable at rather than going to a college where all your friends or boyfriend/girlfriend is going. This will ensure a positive and enjoyable college experience.

the cafeteria because the food is not very good.

beth

find somewhere you are most comfortable. you want an atmosphere that feels like home to you.

its very personal so its easy to communicate with professors and get extra help. they actually care. the atmosphere is friendly.

dont attend if you want to breeze through... classes are difficult but you will learn alot if you want to.

Jenna

The class sizes are very small so you get to know your professors really well.

The class sizes are very small so you get to know your professors really well.

Go to a small university where the professors care and the classes are fun!

Libby

Wesleyan was the perfect size. Not too big, and not too small. I love the enthusiasm of all the proffessors here. They want you to succeed.

I would advise that students make the right choice for them. Parents can be very helpful in this decision making process, but the ultimate decision needs to come from the student as far as where they will potentially choose to learn, grow, and live for the next four years. Before college visits, I would brainstorm specific questions I want answered. If these are not covered during the school tour, I would not hesitate to ask. I realize that the process of visiting schools can be intimidating, but the admissions faculty really are interested in you, and want to help you on your search. If the college representative doesn't seem interested in answering your question, or even appear to be avoiding it, then possibly you should be reconsidering whether or not this college is for you. I would visit as many places as possible, why? Because it can't hurt! The only way to know what you want or don't want many times is to have a wide enough pool of schools to pick from that you are then able to say "yes, I really like the way they do this," or "no, that doesn't work for me."

I wish I'd been more relaxed in knowing how helpful the fellow students and faculty are in every single situation

kara

Find the place where when you are on campus you feel like you belong there. When you get your tour notice how the other students are treating each other and look around and see what activities the students are participating in when you are around.

How friendly everyone is on campus and how beautiful the campus is.

Shannon

Look around and make sure that you've found something that is right for you, not your parents or anyone else. College is a long part of your life and the last thing you want to do is continually jump around from college to college. It's a big decision, so make sure you're happy with it.

Someone who's goal oriented, likes small learning enviornments, likes one on one interaction with their professors but also a medium sized city feel.

The small classes are great and the teachers are very friendly.

Nebraska Wesleyan University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.