Henderson, NV
Nevada State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Nevada State College

Kimberly

If I could go back in time, I would tell my senior self not to attend Nevada State College. I would say this because it is nowhere near what I invisioned it would be. The school is ridiculous and I'm better off going to the community college or University of Nevada Las Vegas. Don't waste your time and money applying to this school that accepts just about anybody and say they are small and well organized because they are too small, do not always have the classes you need available when you need it and they mess up all the time. You should go to a well known school rather than the one that seems more promising and smaller. Small is not always good, especially in this case. Make a simple transition between high school and college, dont rush to make a decision on which school you would like to attend. Take into consideration the graduation rates and the reviews on the school. Clearly the rates for Nevada State College do not meet your standards, so skip it and pick a better institution that will get you where you want to be in life.

I wish I would have known how unorganized the campus was. Also how hard it is to get anything done right due to lack of communication between students and staff.

The worst thing about Nevada State College is the lack of staff response. When you need information from advisors, registration offices, etc. they hardly ever respond. You constantly get voicemails and never recieve call backs. The staff seems to brush off student needs.

Natasha

Natasha I can only stress the importance of keeping a clear mind and staying focused. There will be other things in your life that will seem to take a toll on your mental state, but just remember that you are a strong woman who can overcome mountains. I also want to stress the importance of taking the time and looking into scholarships because college is expensive and I know that you do not want to be a burden on your family even though they will be there to help you in any way possible. Another thing to keep in mind is saving up as much money as you can because when you make it into the nursing program (and you will) it will be expensive, but it will be the greatest time of your life. You are a focused and dedicated woman and you will suceed in college, just remember that you will be able to find your way no matter what road you go down. Take every day just one day at a time and keep looking towards your end goal of being a nurse, you will get and fulfill your dream. I love you.

I love Nevada State College because of the fact that it is a smaller college which means that I am able to receive more one on one time with my professors. By having professors who are devoted to advancing my own education I have been able to maintain at least a 3.6 GPS or better. The faculty at NSC is devoted and make it a point that they love what they do which encourages myself and other to futher our education.

I think that the only thing I do not like about NSC is that it is such a new school that their funding is not as great as the funding for other colleges therefore the library, book store, and overall campus is limited. This requires students to look elsewhere for things such as library book, supplies, and even classes. The college deserves more funding because the faculty and students are so devoted to the school and deserve the best.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school student, I would tell myself that even though it does not seem like teaching will ever be an option, to hang in there. It will take time and hard work, but to not doubt myself as much. I am on the path that I am supposed to be on. I would also remind myself to have a little more fun in between. Being serious all of the time is not as much fun as I made it out to be.

Daniel

Always study more than you think you need to. Try to save for books in advance. Listen to advice from those you trust. Have fun learning and share your knowledge freely.

Wishing is a desire that has already passed and there was nothing that I didn't know and wish that I had known.

All schools can be frustrating. The current school is in my opinion a very good school that has a lot to offer students.

Conny

Its a growing school and the professors care a lot about your education.

Its a growing school and the professors care a lot about your education.

People attend college because they want to make a difference in their lifes. Attending college has been a great experience so far. I have learned to value my education and try my best to get good grades. I am attending college because i want to become and educator. I want to make a difference in childrens lifes and make them value their education. I want children to attend college and not be afraid to make a difference. In grade school, middle school, and expecially high school teachers prepare you for college. Teachers want you to suceed and attend a college. Having the privaledge to attend a college and further my education has been extremely valuable. Ive learned to take care of my self and ive learned to become independent. Most importantly, i have learned that one small choice can make a great difference in someones life.

Its very small and the campuses are too far away.

ShaKira

I have gotten a wonderful education. I have made some wonderful and lasting friendships. The knowledge that I have obtained has not just come from a book. I can safely say, once I graduate, I will be able to apply this to the outside world.

The main campus book store is very far drive.

If you like a smaller teacher to sudent ratio, this is the school for you.

Overall, I’ve had an amazing college experience and Lincoln College has been very valuable for me to attend. Lincoln has helped me grow more as a student and individual. Lincoln College is a community college, however it offers the opportunities that four year schools offer, like finding independence away from home. Being in small classes helped me do well and achieve good grades because I got individual attention from the professor. I also made a lot of great friends from those classes. All the hard work paid off because I was inducted into Phi Theta Kappa Iota Chi the following semester. Phi Theta Kappa is an international honors society of two year colleges. Being part of this organization was a great opportunity for me, because it got me more involved at Lincoln. I was elected Vice President of our chapter this year. In addition, Lincoln College has given me the chance to not only be a leader academically, but also socially. As a sophomore, I was hired to be a Student Resident Assistant which has been very valuable to me because I help influence good values on other students, so they can be just as successful as me.

Nursing, Business, and Education majors for low income students.

Nursing, Business, and Education majors for low income students.

My college experience has been rewarding. I have learned so much with the many professors at this school. Each class I have taken has helped me progress towards my career goal. I would recommend this school to anyone who has an interest in education, nursing, or business. I would also recommend this school for anyone who wants to take general classes.

The best thing about my school is that there are average classroom environments with professors that care about each students' success. This helps with each students learning abilities while they attend the college. It also creates a friendly environment for everyone.

Ara

If I were to go back in time, I would tell myself two important things. The first piece of advice I would offer would be to explore any and all possible career choices. Finding out what career you want to pursue is a tough decision and one that I wish I had investigated before entering college. If I had really researched the career that is best for me back in high school, I would not be an undecided junior constantly changing my major, classes, and direction wasting both time and money. The next bit of counsel I would give myself would be to simply relax and enjoy the ride. Throughout this whole episode of hunting down my dream career, I have been constantly stressing over the situation. However, I need to adopt a more positive perspective. Yes, I still do not know what I want to do for the rest of my life and yes, school seems pointless without an ending goal but the journey can be a great one. As long as I am still learning, networking, and moving forward, there is no reason to regret this learning process.

Like every school I have attended, I wish I would have known the tricks of the trade. Knowing what professors are best, where to find the best parking and other details of the system are things that I wish I would have known before attending school there.

I brag about the small class sizes. Since it is a relatively new state college, it has low student numbers but an adequate amount of professors. The small classes make it easier to listen and ask more questions. Overall, it seems like a more personal learning experience.

Lea

My classmates are a division of people who have intricately mastered the ability to make incoming students feel at home, and at ease with their new, unfamiliar, environment.

If I somehow stumbled upon my own version of a "flux capaciter", from Back To The Future", and were granted the ability to transport backwards in time, there would be three vital pieces of information that I would tell my high school senior self. The first being do a walk through of your class schedule prior to the actual first day of school. In doing this, I would ensure that no wrong turns would be made. Secondly, be friendly. Making friends aides in the transition into a new environment. Lastly, do not be afraid to ask questions. Ask as many questions as you feel necessary to completely comprehend your classes, and the procedures within the college. If you have friends to walk by you, have already traveled the route, and have all the answers to your doubts the transition into college life should become much less frightening, and more exhilerating to any individual.

The kind of person that should not attend Nevada State is a person who has been misguided, and quite obtuse, about what ingredients are necessary to create a learning environment that can exist peacefully and successfully.

Nevada State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.