Henderson, NV
Nevada State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Nevada State College

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school student, I would tell myself that even though it does not seem like teaching will ever be an option, to hang in there. It will take time and hard work, but to not doubt myself as much. I am on the path that I am supposed to be on. I would also remind myself to have a little more fun in between. Being serious all of the time is not as much fun as I made it out to be.

Daniel

Always study more than you think you need to. Try to save for books in advance. Listen to advice from those you trust. Have fun learning and share your knowledge freely.

Wishing is a desire that has already passed and there was nothing that I didn't know and wish that I had known.

All schools can be frustrating. The current school is in my opinion a very good school that has a lot to offer students.

Conny

Its a growing school and the professors care a lot about your education.

Its a growing school and the professors care a lot about your education.

People attend college because they want to make a difference in their lifes. Attending college has been a great experience so far. I have learned to value my education and try my best to get good grades. I am attending college because i want to become and educator. I want to make a difference in childrens lifes and make them value their education. I want children to attend college and not be afraid to make a difference. In grade school, middle school, and expecially high school teachers prepare you for college. Teachers want you to suceed and attend a college. Having the privaledge to attend a college and further my education has been extremely valuable. Ive learned to take care of my self and ive learned to become independent. Most importantly, i have learned that one small choice can make a great difference in someones life.

Its very small and the campuses are too far away.

ShaKira

I have gotten a wonderful education. I have made some wonderful and lasting friendships. The knowledge that I have obtained has not just come from a book. I can safely say, once I graduate, I will be able to apply this to the outside world.

The main campus book store is very far drive.

If you like a smaller teacher to sudent ratio, this is the school for you.

Overall, I’ve had an amazing college experience and Lincoln College has been very valuable for me to attend. Lincoln has helped me grow more as a student and individual. Lincoln College is a community college, however it offers the opportunities that four year schools offer, like finding independence away from home. Being in small classes helped me do well and achieve good grades because I got individual attention from the professor. I also made a lot of great friends from those classes. All the hard work paid off because I was inducted into Phi Theta Kappa Iota Chi the following semester. Phi Theta Kappa is an international honors society of two year colleges. Being part of this organization was a great opportunity for me, because it got me more involved at Lincoln. I was elected Vice President of our chapter this year. In addition, Lincoln College has given me the chance to not only be a leader academically, but also socially. As a sophomore, I was hired to be a Student Resident Assistant which has been very valuable to me because I help influence good values on other students, so they can be just as successful as me.

Nursing, Business, and Education majors for low income students.

Nursing, Business, and Education majors for low income students.

My college experience has been rewarding. I have learned so much with the many professors at this school. Each class I have taken has helped me progress towards my career goal. I would recommend this school to anyone who has an interest in education, nursing, or business. I would also recommend this school for anyone who wants to take general classes.

The best thing about my school is that there are average classroom environments with professors that care about each students' success. This helps with each students learning abilities while they attend the college. It also creates a friendly environment for everyone.

Ara

If I were to go back in time, I would tell myself two important things. The first piece of advice I would offer would be to explore any and all possible career choices. Finding out what career you want to pursue is a tough decision and one that I wish I had investigated before entering college. If I had really researched the career that is best for me back in high school, I would not be an undecided junior constantly changing my major, classes, and direction wasting both time and money. The next bit of counsel I would give myself would be to simply relax and enjoy the ride. Throughout this whole episode of hunting down my dream career, I have been constantly stressing over the situation. However, I need to adopt a more positive perspective. Yes, I still do not know what I want to do for the rest of my life and yes, school seems pointless without an ending goal but the journey can be a great one. As long as I am still learning, networking, and moving forward, there is no reason to regret this learning process.

Like every school I have attended, I wish I would have known the tricks of the trade. Knowing what professors are best, where to find the best parking and other details of the system are things that I wish I would have known before attending school there.

I brag about the small class sizes. Since it is a relatively new state college, it has low student numbers but an adequate amount of professors. The small classes make it easier to listen and ask more questions. Overall, it seems like a more personal learning experience.

Lea

My classmates are a division of people who have intricately mastered the ability to make incoming students feel at home, and at ease with their new, unfamiliar, environment.

If I somehow stumbled upon my own version of a "flux capaciter", from Back To The Future", and were granted the ability to transport backwards in time, there would be three vital pieces of information that I would tell my high school senior self. The first being do a walk through of your class schedule prior to the actual first day of school. In doing this, I would ensure that no wrong turns would be made. Secondly, be friendly. Making friends aides in the transition into a new environment. Lastly, do not be afraid to ask questions. Ask as many questions as you feel necessary to completely comprehend your classes, and the procedures within the college. If you have friends to walk by you, have already traveled the route, and have all the answers to your doubts the transition into college life should become much less frightening, and more exhilerating to any individual.

The kind of person that should not attend Nevada State is a person who has been misguided, and quite obtuse, about what ingredients are necessary to create a learning environment that can exist peacefully and successfully.

claudia

Moivng to Nevada at the beginning of high school was a huge change and transition from the life I had previously grown used to. Rather than focusing on my academics, the only thought in my mind was to become popular and make many friends. That was my downfall, not only academically but mentally as well. Through my college career I learned that a strong sense of determination to be successful can get you a long way, something I lacked in high school. Looking back I would tell myself that all the time I wasted on people could have been spent on an education that I can no longer aquire due to the lost time and opportunity to relive high school. Unlike high school, in college, one has to be responsible for their own academic actions and decisions due to the fact that it can directly affect ones' future as an adult. Therefore, I am greatful for every second tied in to every ounce of knowledge I can obtain.

I feel that the only negative thing about the school I am currently attending would be the lack of advisor/student communication during the high school to college transition. In high school counselors are very helpful and reach out to you, but in college advisors expect an individual to know everything there is to know about college. Although it is difficult at first, it is very easy to get used to once an individual builds a communication with his/her advisor.

With the school I am currently atttending being the frist accredited 4-year public college in Nevada, anyone should attend this school. They offer a great variety of majors and minors, and they also have a very diverse student body. From everything to tail-gates to first day personal introductions, every single person is welcomed to the school. Therefore, an individual with any type of personality will be able to build a strong career at this school.

Welles

If you a person who wants a small class size and individualized tutoring then Nevada State College is the college for you.

If i can go back in time, I would tell myself that education matters and that if i do not change i would regret it in the future. In high school i thought i could breeze through everything and passing was good enough. Well passing was not enough. I realized that i was naive in high school. If i had spent the time to study and improve myself instead of skipping school to hangout with my friends, my situation would be different. With my low gpa in high school i had been denied by many colleges in New York City even the colleges with the highest acceptance rates. I later realized that college plays an important role to have a successful life. Going to my first class which was urban sociology i realized that college was no joke and teachers do not care if you fail or pass. I could not just breeze through the class without studying. I later recieved an A for urban sociology because i studied and pay attention in class.

Aside from the beautiful mountainous views from my school I brag to my friends that i have the best teachers possible. I have attended a community college in New York City and the teachers were good but they lacked the time to help students who needed it the most because of their schedules. Teachers in Nevada State College give students the chance to exceed because they have the dedication, time and resources. My teachers have provide me with their emails, telephone numbers and schedules which i have used from time to time.

Nevada State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.