Henderson, NV
Nevada State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Nevada State College

Michelle

I describe my school to be an excellent state college for everyone that is searching for an intimate small class size and caring instructors that want their students to be successful in their students.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I do know now about college life and making the transition, the advice I would give myself is to be prepared for the high cost of college as well as know what field you want to study and stick to it.

Donald

My school is unique because it allowed me to work full time while also attending classes full time.

If I were able to give advice to my high school self, I would tell me to quit messing around with my education. I didn't realize how easy school was until after I had joined the Army and seen the world. I would stress the importance of having a degree to have a rewarding career. I would tell myself I know how smart I am and it's about time you start using it. I would tell myself to apply for financial aid and register at the local community college to begin with. After that, I would tell myself to transfer to a 4 year school to finish. I would then convince myself that going to graduate school right after would be the best option.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that not all classes for a degree are offered each semsester.

Melissa

Nevada State is a small, new state college.

Nevada State is a small, new state college.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself how difficult finding employment can be without a college degree. It is a much more difficult road to trudge trying to attend college as an adult with financial and family obligations. I have been telling this to all of the young people I encounter lately. Four years spent attending college during your twenties is preferable to attending in your forties.

There are not enough class selections.

Lisa

Its the number two school in the nation for veterinary medicine and is highly involved in agriculture.

I would focus on one major and stick with it. I would decide early on where I wanted to go to college and establish residency there. I would focus on grades and understand how important they are to college admission. I would complete more community service and the in field I was going towards. I would try to establish a "nest egg" so I wouldn't have to take out the whole loan amount every semester. I would prepare myself financially for a large debt and understand how to take steps to lessen that debt. Getting all debt paid off before going into a program would also be a priority.

There is no chance of getting residency once you've been declared a non-resident.

Nevada State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.