Henderson, NV
Nevada State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Nevada State College

claudia

I feel that the only negative thing about the school I am currently attending would be the lack of advisor/student communication during the high school to college transition. In high school counselors are very helpful and reach out to you, but in college advisors expect an individual to know everything there is to know about college. Although it is difficult at first, it is very easy to get used to once an individual builds a communication with his/her advisor.

With the school I am currently atttending being the frist accredited 4-year public college in Nevada, anyone should attend this school. They offer a great variety of majors and minors, and they also have a very diverse student body. From everything to tail-gates to first day personal introductions, every single person is welcomed to the school. Therefore, an individual with any type of personality will be able to build a strong career at this school.

Moivng to Nevada at the beginning of high school was a huge change and transition from the life I had previously grown used to. Rather than focusing on my academics, the only thought in my mind was to become popular and make many friends. That was my downfall, not only academically but mentally as well. Through my college career I learned that a strong sense of determination to be successful can get you a long way, something I lacked in high school. Looking back I would tell myself that all the time I wasted on people could have been spent on an education that I can no longer aquire due to the lost time and opportunity to relive high school. Unlike high school, in college, one has to be responsible for their own academic actions and decisions due to the fact that it can directly affect ones' future as an adult. Therefore, I am greatful for every second tied in to every ounce of knowledge I can obtain.

Welles

If i can go back in time, I would tell myself that education matters and that if i do not change i would regret it in the future. In high school i thought i could breeze through everything and passing was good enough. Well passing was not enough. I realized that i was naive in high school. If i had spent the time to study and improve myself instead of skipping school to hangout with my friends, my situation would be different. With my low gpa in high school i had been denied by many colleges in New York City even the colleges with the highest acceptance rates. I later realized that college plays an important role to have a successful life. Going to my first class which was urban sociology i realized that college was no joke and teachers do not care if you fail or pass. I could not just breeze through the class without studying. I later recieved an A for urban sociology because i studied and pay attention in class.

Aside from the beautiful mountainous views from my school I brag to my friends that i have the best teachers possible. I have attended a community college in New York City and the teachers were good but they lacked the time to help students who needed it the most because of their schedules. Teachers in Nevada State College give students the chance to exceed because they have the dedication, time and resources. My teachers have provide me with their emails, telephone numbers and schedules which i have used from time to time.

If you a person who wants a small class size and individualized tutoring then Nevada State College is the college for you.

Michelle

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I do know now about college life and making the transition, the advice I would give myself is to be prepared for the high cost of college as well as know what field you want to study and stick to it.

I describe my school to be an excellent state college for everyone that is searching for an intimate small class size and caring instructors that want their students to be successful in their students.

Donald

The most frustrating thing about my school is that not all classes for a degree are offered each semsester.

If I were able to give advice to my high school self, I would tell me to quit messing around with my education. I didn't realize how easy school was until after I had joined the Army and seen the world. I would stress the importance of having a degree to have a rewarding career. I would tell myself I know how smart I am and it's about time you start using it. I would tell myself to apply for financial aid and register at the local community college to begin with. After that, I would tell myself to transfer to a 4 year school to finish. I would then convince myself that going to graduate school right after would be the best option.

My school is unique because it allowed me to work full time while also attending classes full time.

Melissa

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself how difficult finding employment can be without a college degree. It is a much more difficult road to trudge trying to attend college as an adult with financial and family obligations. I have been telling this to all of the young people I encounter lately. Four years spent attending college during your twenties is preferable to attending in your forties.

There are not enough class selections.

Nevada State is a small, new state college.

Lisa

I would focus on one major and stick with it. I would decide early on where I wanted to go to college and establish residency there. I would focus on grades and understand how important they are to college admission. I would complete more community service and the in field I was going towards. I would try to establish a "nest egg" so I wouldn't have to take out the whole loan amount every semester. I would prepare myself financially for a large debt and understand how to take steps to lessen that debt. Getting all debt paid off before going into a program would also be a priority.

There is no chance of getting residency once you've been declared a non-resident.

Its the number two school in the nation for veterinary medicine and is highly involved in agriculture.

Nevada State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.