Nevada State College

« See more reviews of Nevada State College

Thinking of pursuing the noble goal of a higher education? Are you lured by the mechanical logistics of Writing 121? Does the enigmatic language of statistics entice you? When deciding to invest in your academic future I suggest taking a proactive approach; prepare, plan and prioritize for optimal success. College curriculums can be challenging so set realistic goals and develop good work ethics. Join study groups and utilize teaching labs and tutors. Establish the college library as your command center. College tours and map Apps can familiarize you with essential informational departments such as the administration, registration, counseling and financial aid offices. Ouch!..................feeling the financial pinch? Prudence my friend, keep a watchful eye on expenses. Begrudgingly register for a scholarship class. Purchase used books and technical equipment when possible. Steer clear of favorite fast food haunts and brown bag it, it’s healthier and less expensive. Utilize the transit system or carpool for economical and environmentally friendly transportation. Balancing both a social and academic life can be challenging so get involved in academic clubs and campus activities which also heightens essential leadership abilities. Remember that it’s important to maintain a high level of efficient productivity. Much Success!

Overall, I’ve had an amazing college experience and Lincoln College has been very valuable for me to attend. Lincoln has helped me grow more as a student and individual. Lincoln College is a community college, however it offers the opportunities that four year schools offer, like finding independence away from home. Being in small classes helped me do well and achieve good grades because I got individual attention from the professor. I also made a lot of great friends from those classes. All the hard work paid off because I was inducted into Phi Theta Kappa Iota Chi the following semester. Phi Theta Kappa is an international honors society of two year colleges. Being part of this organization was a great opportunity for me, because it got me more involved at Lincoln. I was elected Vice President of our chapter this year. In addition, Lincoln College has given me the chance to not only be a leader academically, but also socially. As a sophomore, I was hired to be a Student Resident Assistant which has been very valuable to me because I help influence good values on other students, so they can be just as successful as me.

If I could go back in time, I would tell my senior self not to attend Nevada State College. I would say this because it is nowhere near what I invisioned it would be. The school is ridiculous and I'm better off going to the community college or University of Nevada Las Vegas. Don't waste your time and money applying to this school that accepts just about anybody and say they are small and well organized because they are too small, do not always have the classes you need available when you need it and they mess up all the time. You should go to a well known school rather than the one that seems more promising and smaller. Small is not always good, especially in this case. Make a simple transition between high school and college, dont rush to make a decision on which school you would like to attend. Take into consideration the graduation rates and the reviews on the school. Clearly the rates for Nevada State College do not meet your standards, so skip it and pick a better institution that will get you where you want to be in life.

If I were to go back in time, I would tell myself two important things. The first piece of advice I would offer would be to explore any and all possible career choices. Finding out what career you want to pursue is a tough decision and one that I wish I had investigated before entering college. If I had really researched the career that is best for me back in high school, I would not be an undecided junior constantly changing my major, classes, and direction wasting both time and money. The next bit of counsel I would give myself would be to simply relax and enjoy the ride. Throughout this whole episode of hunting down my dream career, I have been constantly stressing over the situation. However, I need to adopt a more positive perspective. Yes, I still do not know what I want to do for the rest of my life and yes, school seems pointless without an ending goal but the journey can be a great one. As long as I am still learning, networking, and moving forward, there is no reason to regret this learning process.

Natasha I can only stress the importance of keeping a clear mind and staying focused. There will be other things in your life that will seem to take a toll on your mental state, but just remember that you are a strong woman who can overcome mountains. I also want to stress the importance of taking the time and looking into scholarships because college is expensive and I know that you do not want to be a burden on your family even though they will be there to help you in any way possible. Another thing to keep in mind is saving up as much money as you can because when you make it into the nursing program (and you will) it will be expensive, but it will be the greatest time of your life. You are a focused and dedicated woman and you will suceed in college, just remember that you will be able to find your way no matter what road you go down. Take every day just one day at a time and keep looking towards your end goal of being a nurse, you will get and fulfill your dream. I love you.

“Lucretia, take this seriously”. I would like to start by saying I went to college twice to pursue my Bachelor’s degree. The first time around I went to College of Southern Nevada. At that point in my life I was, let’s say still in the ‘party’ phase. I thought that I would be able to party all night and still achieve high academic standards. I mainly has this approach to college because I was not taking that classes I wanted to, but the ones my parents told me to. “Lucretia, you are a smart, sincere and wonderful person. You do not have to put on act for others and live the life they feel is right for you. Stand on your own two feet and know that this is your life and the ultimate decision is yours. You cannot breeze through college in hopes to pass without putting in the proper work to do so. A ‘C’ is not a grade to be proud of, nor one to validate you are not good enough. Just know that as long as you give it your all you are a winner. I love myself and want the best for me”.

If i can go back in time, I would tell myself that education matters and that if i do not change i would regret it in the future. In high school i thought i could breeze through everything and passing was good enough. Well passing was not enough. I realized that i was naive in high school. If i had spent the time to study and improve myself instead of skipping school to hangout with my friends, my situation would be different. With my low gpa in high school i had been denied by many colleges in New York City even the colleges with the highest acceptance rates. I later realized that college plays an important role to have a successful life. Going to my first class which was urban sociology i realized that college was no joke and teachers do not care if you fail or pass. I could not just breeze through the class without studying. I later recieved an A for urban sociology because i studied and pay attention in class.

Moivng to Nevada at the beginning of high school was a huge change and transition from the life I had previously grown used to. Rather than focusing on my academics, the only thought in my mind was to become popular and make many friends. That was my downfall, not only academically but mentally as well. Through my college career I learned that a strong sense of determination to be successful can get you a long way, something I lacked in high school. Looking back I would tell myself that all the time I wasted on people could have been spent on an education that I can no longer aquire due to the lost time and opportunity to relive high school. Unlike high school, in college, one has to be responsible for their own academic actions and decisions due to the fact that it can directly affect ones' future as an adult. Therefore, I am greatful for every second tied in to every ounce of knowledge I can obtain.

If I somehow stumbled upon my own version of a "flux capaciter", from Back To The Future", and were granted the ability to transport backwards in time, there would be three vital pieces of information that I would tell my high school senior self. The first being do a walk through of your class schedule prior to the actual first day of school. In doing this, I would ensure that no wrong turns would be made. Secondly, be friendly. Making friends aides in the transition into a new environment. Lastly, do not be afraid to ask questions. Ask as many questions as you feel necessary to completely comprehend your classes, and the procedures within the college. If you have friends to walk by you, have already traveled the route, and have all the answers to your doubts the transition into college life should become much less frightening, and more exhilerating to any individual.

People attend college because they want to make a difference in their lifes. Attending college has been a great experience so far. I have learned to value my education and try my best to get good grades. I am attending college because i want to become and educator. I want to make a difference in childrens lifes and make them value their education. I want children to attend college and not be afraid to make a difference. In grade school, middle school, and expecially high school teachers prepare you for college. Teachers want you to suceed and attend a college. Having the privaledge to attend a college and further my education has been extremely valuable. Ive learned to take care of my self and ive learned to become independent. Most importantly, i have learned that one small choice can make a great difference in someones life.