New College of Florida Top Questions

I love the opportunities New College has given me to pursue my dreams/goals. Professors are very friendly and encourage you to talk to them, classes are mostly student-run when it comes to pace, and ISP's (Independent Student Projects) allow for us to accelerate our academic career through research endeavors. Through these ISP's I have been allowed to see the world- literally! I have traveled to the Bahamas and South Africa thus far and I'm only a sophomore! As a Novo Collegian, we are all very proud of our small, liberal arts school- even without the sports teams! The surrounding area truly respects the students, as well, because they know how selective New College is. I love my school fiercely and every day grow fonder and prouder of being an [Empty Set] student.

Lucia

People here are abnormally friendly and super nice in person. On the [FORUM], a school-wide e-mail list, a lot of drama and aggressiveness is brought out over frivolous matters. It doesn't help that some students purposefully provoke it, but I suppose that's the culture of the internet these days. However, if you learn to stay out of certain threads and get out more often and actually meet people you will see the best in people.