New England College Top Questions

Theophile

When I first received my acceptance letter to New England College, I was thrilled about attending and finally becoming a college student. Then I was even more excited when I had my first college tour of campus and got to see the dining hall, classrooms, and even the dorms. It was a wonderful experience but what I wish I had known before coming to New England College was the fact my major, Engineering, wasn’t a very popular major on campus and that it was up for debate by the school as to whether or not it should be continued.

Not to slack off in classes.

How hard my major (Health Sciences) really was and how the professors taught here.

When applying to schools, New England College was my second option. I had my eyes and my heart on Saint Anslem's College and dreamed of going there. Unfortunately due to financial constraints, I was unable to pursue Saint Anslem's. When I sent my letter of intent to New England College, I felt like I was settling. One year later, my attitude has changed completely. Whether it was fate or not, I feel so bless and grateful that I had chosen NEC in the end. I wish I had known how fortunate I was being accepted into attend NEC.

There is nothing that I wish I had known before coming, since just about everything I experienced so far I was told about.

The overall workload can, at times, be extremely overwhelming and unbearable. I wish I had known that the workload was going to be as intense as it was. I came to New England College as a transfer student who had been able to handle the workload at my previous school fairly easily. However, each and every professor is dedicated to seeing you succeed and will do whatever they can to help if you if you step up and ask for assistance.

Cari

How much it would truly cost me in the end to fund my education.

Shana

I wish I had known that there is a lot of help and encouragement for the students with learning disabilities, but there is lessof an outlet for students with high GPAs who want to be more challenged. The only "honors" program we have is the Dean's List and the choice to take more classes per semester for free.