New England College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for New England College

bryana

I really like New England College , it is a small campus and all of the buildings are walking distance from any dorm. The people at this college are very nice and kind. The teachers here always helpful and always there when needed. They have their own email and most of the times will give you their phone number if it is easier to contact them on it. The class sizes range around 15-20 people in class so there is more of a 1 on 1 with the professor.

den

good.

Daniel

I had excellent relationships with all of my professors. The student environment is diverse and inclusive. There were times where I felt that I could have been challenged more academically and that other students weren't putting as much effort as I did in the classroom. I did feel that my efforts were recognized inside and outside the classroom.

Chelsea

A small college in a little New England town with local charm. The class size per classroom is an average up to 25 students. New England College has great nature trails and other natural amenities for fun outdoor fun during the warmer seasons and in the winter there is skiing and snowboarding at the local ski resort, Pat's Peak, where we get free lift passes.

New England college is a one of a kind school, I personally have a love hate relationship with the school however more leaning towards love. There are many aspects I love about the school such as the people. The professors are great and are always willing to help, they even give you their personal phone numbers in case you have an urgent question on something or even need help in your personal life. The students are all great people as well, New England College is really a family away from your own family. The hate portion of my love hate relationship with the school is the housing and food. There are only two dorms on campus that are actually livable, those include East and Charter. The other dorms are run down and absolutely disgusting. Now don't even get me started on the food, the food is the worst part about NEC. The Gilmore dinning hall is absolutely terrible, with only a few options of meals every night and the pizza soaked in grease its definitely not a five star restaurant. However, this is a cafe and Starbucks on campus but you have to use something called "Flex Cash" which is different than a meal swipe and you have less fees cash than meal swipes. Although there are some not great things about the school, there are more better things than worse and the students like to have a lot of fun which is always a plus!

DEU

It's a good college

samson

Great School. Beautiful. Needs to up the game with academics. The moment i came to this school I did feel at home. I was able to walk around and see myself there. The Contoocook river runs through he school. Trees surround the campus and the buildings are beautiful.

Janazia

I absolutely love New England College, It's a great environment to be apart of. The professors are always willing to help and so are the students. There's always something to do on campus academically as well. So many opportunities available for all students.

Priscilla

I think that NEC has a very open and welcoming community. People are genuinely kind and want to help you. The class sizes average at about 25 people. The library has free tutoring until midnight. Dorms are clean. The food isn't too bad. There is a Starbucks in the Lyons building.

zachary

not a place for a student unless they participate in athletic.

It is small enough that classes aren't overwhelming but still big enough that you can always meet new people. The academics are always the most top notch, giving a wonderful learning environment. The rural feeling of Henniker is comforting and relaxing, allowing you to "get away" without having to go far.

Brianna

My overall opinion on New England is that it’s a wonder school and I’m happy that I had gotten to visit the school and got accepted to school and I’ll like to say that i’ll be at New England College next year as Class of 2022. The visit that i had occur was excellent, I had gotten to know some of the proffesers and seen some class go on in place.

Irline

This is a very diverse school with all kinds of people. the only thing I don't like is that there isn't much to do around the school if you don't have a car and there isn't a lot of things the students want to participate in because a lot of it is poorly funded. The Dinning hall either serves the same things all the time or the food tastes gross. The dorms are not so great but there are improvements being added to them. But the school is really small so its easy to build connections with people on campus.

Dana

New Englandcollege is great overall. They have a amazing study away program, that's at no charge; depending on you major you can visit places like New Orleans to Grece and Rome. The classes are not crowded and thats a plus for me, because I need that one-to-one experience with teachers to learn better.

Rawiyah

It is a great school for someone who likes small towns, wants to get to know people and loves sports and team spirit. The professors are amazing willing to help and work together with you to achieve your goals. There are also a lot of opportunities to meet people, improve your grade and learn more academically

Andrea

It’s a great school that takes education serious. Not only that they are very big on sports. for example basketball, ice hockey, soccer, baseball, softball, rugby and etc. on my visit I meet the basketball team and I absolutely love them. They were very kindhearted and generous. They always made sure we wasn’t bored and they were hilarious. During that visit I meet my professor and he was very kind. He enjoys seeing his student succeed In life. The food also up there was great. I loved everything about my school.

For someone who prefers a smaller, intimate campus, NEC is right up your alley. However, if you prefer not having to drive 15-45 minutes away from campus to have any kind of fun, I would suggest going to UNH. The town itself resembles a pitstop on a road trip and has very little to offer.

Joseph

Great school to attend. They have online classes to offer as well. The thing I did notice is that the professor that was assigned to me is very respectful and willing to aid the students. I do like how to curriculum is set up and they also use videos in some courses, and I thought that this is very effective method to learn more quickly.

Patrick

New England College is an interesting school to say the least. It was nothing like my high school teachers said college would be like. It is located in Henniker New Hampshire, a small town, 20 minutes outside of concord. The town itself, does not over much, there are a couple pizza places, a coffee shop, Chinese food, the regular things to expect in a small town, for more options, you will need a car. But enough about the geography. The college itself has small almost high school sized classes, where you can interact with the teachers and students, ask questions, and even get extra help, the library is open late, and there is a tutoring center where you can make meetings to get through your classes. The campus has a lot of events always going on, and cares about diversity. Overall it is a great place to learn. That isn’t to say is all pluses and smiles here. There are downsides, the off campus living options are not great, and the town will get boring fast, sometimes you have to hunt down parking, and the dining hall food can feel repetitive fast. There is nothing particularly bad about the college that cannot be attributed to any college. Most students will always find something to complain about, the dorms, the food, their neighbors, but these complaints can be found anywhere. The benefits of the school seem nice enough to me though, being able to get help and advice from teachers is a huge benefit, the free skiing at nearby pats peak interests a lot of people, and the New Hampshire scenery really is nice. Overall, I would rate the school a 4/5. Its good place to learn, and in a beautiful location, but it comes with its own challenges and risks, that vary from person to person.

Kaleb

I applied for New England College for the fall 2020 for business administration. They excepted me with a scholarship of 32k per year because of my academics in high school . The schools a little price if you stay on the campus but it would make my life easier if I do. maybe this 1,000 could help me stay in campus. My overall opinion is the school is beautiful with so much nature and life to the school. its a place where I can study and get my degree and work for my collage payments. I've been wanting to go hear even if it is a little out of my budget I would love to try.