Montpelier, VT
New England Culinary Institute

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend New England Culinary Institute

Allie

There is a vast range of students at New England Culinary Institute, people of all ages come from all around the world to attend NECI. For example, my roommate is from the Virgin Islands! Though the ages and locations of the people change, one thing doesn't, and that is the love and passion for food.

Jacob

It has 4 French technique trained teachers employed at New England Culinary Institute.

I wish I could go back and tell myself to make my own decisions. I would tell myself to go to the school of my choice. By holding myself back it delayed the inevitability of me going back to school for what i wanted. I always regret not going to the college of my choice. In the long run it made me decide to go back, and get a better education. Knowing how I was in college, I would tell myself to not wait until the last second to do my work. Being able to start an assignment the day I received it really helped. By starting a small amount of the assignment, it would help me in the long run. It helped me countless times, especially at the end of my last semester. I look forward to taking my knowledge from the experiences of going through college, and knowing that I can change my life by doing this. My excitement for the challenges ahead make me look forward to fulfilling my dream of becoming a baker.

Knowing that you have such a small student to teacher ratio that you will be able to talk one on one with the teacher.

Caitlin

My college experience has been valuable because I'm paying for it with a unsubsidized student loan, and it doesn't cover me to be a fulltime student. Leading to, me dropping a class. I love college life, and I love learning which makes every second there worth-while. I have gotten a big fat reality check, dealing with financial aid, registering for classes, and especially buying those expensive books. I feel college is such an opportunity giver, but with the 6.8 intrest rate on student loans, it puts a limit on how many classes someone can take a semester.

What I have gotten out of my college experience is the science behind the food I love to make. I have gotten opportunities to apply for jobs that would have previously out of my reach. And I have have gotten people connections in my industry to help me find my career path. All this has made it valuable to attend because I'm worth more to my employers, more confidence in myself and have a sense of belonging in my community.

The rank it is compared to other culinary schools in the US

Brandence

I'm learning to be a better business owner, and that in turn makes me a better chef/owner as it takes some of the pressure off, and I can focus more on creativity.

Lynsey

My classmates are intellegent, exciting, and fun to learn with.

My classmates are intellegent, exciting, and fun to learn with.

I would tell myself that I should go to college to do what makes me happy, and for that reason only. I would allow myself time to decide what I want to do in life, and tell myself that if I can't decide, that it's ok. College is all about figuring out what's next, and it's ok to not know.

I wish I would have know that this is where I would go, and that I would love it. That way I could have come straight here rather than school surfing!

• $0

New England Culinary Institute administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.