New Jersey City University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for New Jersey City University

Lequina

At New Jersey City University (njcu), we're not just students and professors but were family. We tend to look out for each other, urging one to succeed. Students not only have throughout our class rooms but outside of lectures as well, where we can build up the hearts and minds of individuals.

This is going to be my second year at this University and so far it's good. There's a lot events that goes on and keeps students active and able to participate in many things. There's a variety of clubs to join. Overall, I like it and can't wait to see what it's store for this semester.

Diana

New Jersey City University is a good school. However, there are room for improvements. There are a lot of events on campus but a lot of people do not go to them. Most students just wants to go to class then leave. It is a very diverse campus and have many renovations going on such as the new business building and a new science building. Professor are nice and are willing to help you out.

Bryan

Great school very underrated though, its not the greatest but the professors are good and always ready to help or suggest. Its mostly a commuter school but as of recently with a new dormitory opening the school has many new dorm students. The dorms are very safe, some could say a little too safe but overall enjoyable.

Tamarin

Upon enrolling for the Spring 2017 semester, I have had the pleasure and good fortune to be connected with knowledgeable, active professors who are genuinely invested, not only in the betterment of their students but also in guiding their minds in meaningful, creative ways.

Averi

My overall review of NewJersey City University is that it is what you make of it. There are things to do if you look for them. Flyer's everywhere promoting one event or another. It is mainly a commuter campus, however, so it can be difficult to meet up with friends and build relationships. Overall, it is a good place for me because I can focus on my school work and hang out when I want and go home.

Charity

It can be improved

Justin

NJCU is the best school to attend in the State of New Jersey. The environment is nice, the teachers are heartwarming, and the students are so creative. Everyone treats each other like family here and thats what we are. Once you get that acceptance letter you'd be crazy not to enroll. I appreciate the way my professors are really concerned with their students, thats what makes learning so much better. When you have someone who's willing to take time out of their day just to help you it's so comforting.

Tyra

I loved my visit and I can not wait to attend.

Karen

Yerlin

The school's facilities are great and clean, especially the art building. Overall experience with the professors was great. They were nice and very aware of students. They truly make an effort to get to know your name and make sure you're passing or at the very least warn you that you're failing. I don't have much to say about the residential side since I commute. The food isn't that good, give you the same options every day. however, they do have a buffet style cafeteria that you can pay for or if you have a meal plan. As for the extracurricular, there isn't much to do for the people who commute. Usually, they have many movie nights and breakfast for dinner type of activities for the residents. If you commute you'd just have to stick around until an activity if you found one. if there are clubs I haven't found them or there isn't many that reach out to the students. socially the school isn't that great either since many of the students went to high school together. There's already friend groups formed so it's hard to make new friends as freshmen especially if you don't dorm.​

Marlene

I love this University they are the best! They offered me a great opportunity. They do no judge their students because of race or their skin color. tThey offer everyone an equal opportunity. the professors are helpful and push you to strive for greatness and advisement is great.

Jesus

It is a diverse university and it welcomes you with open arms no matter your race, sexuality, or religion. The student here are friendly, the professors are very interactive with students and encourage them to learn and thrive in both the classroom and on campus. I enjoy it here and it feels like home to me

Alegna

It is honestly amazing. Everyone it so helpful and honest. The tutors and professors are amazing. The campus is the perfect size and feels like home. The counselors in the OSP department are so dedicated and hardworking. The students are all very welcoming. The whole school is amazing.

Konyinsola

It is a very school most specially for people stay on-campus, they have access to most activities that happen at night. The school also provides a lot of opportunity for the students and also encourage activate participation.

daniela

Located in one of the most diverse cities in the world, NJCU offers it's students the opportunity to excel and make a difference. Knowledge is not only a tool and skill we acquire, but we learn how to work with people, how to advance our skill set, and how to make an impact in any field.

Aisha

NJCU is an okay school. Its not the best and not the worst, its kind of just there. There is always room for improvement I believe in many schools including mine. It needs to be more affordable and give more to students that are struggling. They do offer help, but I feel they could do more. The students are usually nice, Ive never had a bad encounter with a student, and there are some professors that go above and beyond to help students. There are also some that are clearly only there for a paycheck. Normal problems like any other college.

Emma

I think it's a great school for a great price. It provides plenty of opportunities for a diverse population of students to receive a quality education for the fraction of the price at other universities. My professors have been very knowledgeable and provide a lot of support in and outside of the classroom.

Ayden

Coming into NJCU I thought the campus life would be pretty cool and for my first year, it was until my second year started going downhill for me emotionally and academically. Like any typical college student, I was having financial troubles and I was able to get the help I needed from the SOAR office (Student Outreach And Retention). Now the downside to NJCU is that the president of the school claims to be helping the students out, but how could you be helping out the students my putting most of our money to building apartments or even raising the tuition. When really the students on campus need another counselor, more scholarships, better food service. If the president can more be ​involved in what the student asks for then maybe the school can be all hype.

Elisabeth

This is a great school set in an urban setting that is easily accessible by bus,train,shuttle(NJCU). the teachers and staff are great and everything has gone so smoothly for me. School is what you make of it in addition to the tools that the university has available for students and this is the school where you will achieve your dreams as long as you make use of the tools that the institution has available for you and you do the work.

Chevette

It's a good school, with good people in a great location. The accelerated nursing program is a 12-month program. The facilities seem really nice and the campus is very clean. Parking is a little crazy so its better to pay to get a parking pass and take the shuttle. All the students I have met seem very nice and helpful.

Atira

I think New Jersey City University overall is a wonderful school and is very opening. I automatically got scared because it's a college campus, but once you step on the campus everyone is smiling and enjoying themselves​. The food was amazing when I had a taste to it and the class size was just how I wanted it.

John

You get a huge bang for your buck. This school is literally 15 min away from Manhattan and has a very strong business school which is 2 blocks away from Goldman Sachs jersey City HQ. Highly recommend to aspiring business men and women. In terms of partying there is not much to do but once your 21 you’ll have access to a lot of bars and clubs throughout the NYC metro area. Save your money!!!!

Mohamed

Njcu is great opportunity for people who don’t have a lot of money to get an education and still fulfill their dream goals or careers. Njcu is a typical small college which could be a good thing because you won’t fell isolated and won’t have to experience a crowded class room.