Newark, NJ
New Jersey Institute of Technology

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend New Jersey Institute of Technology

Fixed  rate loan

Liliette

NJIT is a very diverse school with determined, hard working students seeking to be successful after graduation with their background of preparation being NJIT.

The advice I would have given myself as a high school senior would be not to be scared to put myself out there and to truly get used to the idea of good time management and planning. I think this because college offers a whole other freedom to everyone and it's important that you don't carried away and adjust as easily and quickly as possbile.

The best thing about NJIT is that they are eager to help students excel and help steer them towards the right direction in order acheive their goals.

Silvia

My classmates were very diversity since they were from different countries and that make it very interesting to interact with them.

I got out of my college I got confidence, knowledge and responsibility. In high school it was hard for me to communicate with other people and to get involved into a conversation. Once I got to college I started talking with other students from other countries which helped me interact with them and express myself more easily. In college I took a speech course which prepared me to speak in front of an audience and be more secure about myself. Now, I am working as a Technical Support which involves interacts with people globally. College gave me the knowledge I needed for my career. In the beginning I did not have the slides idea of what a computer was. Now, I help users troubleshoot technical problems with their computers. I know that the knowledge that I acquired in college is going to help me throughout my life. Be responsible is one of the major experience that I got in college. The responsibility to be on time on class helped be on time at my job. The responsibility to present my homework on time helped meet deadlines at my job. For these reasons college was very valuable for me to attend.

My school is an excellent technology school. Their computer labs are very helpful. The Computer Engineering Technology programs is updated on what is needed in order to find a job.

Out of my college experience I have learned that it is not something you can take lightly. At first I thought it was going to be like highschool, meaning that I didn't have to study very much to get good grades. But that was not the case. After nearly failing my first physics exam I decided I had to get serious. I studied really hard and awarded myself by spending some time with friends in the game room. The studying payed off because I aced the rest of my exams and ended up getting an A in the class. I was incredibly happy and had learned my lesson. Procrastination is no longer something I do and I know that my future depends on what I learn in class. I have learned that it is important to also balance studying and social time. I realized that the stress can have really bad effects so I had to find time to relax and I found that I enjoyed college a lot more than high school. By attending I feel that I am growing as a person and that soon I won't have to depend on others to support me.

It is small enough to not get lost around campus and there is a lot of diversity. The commuter areas are confortable and it is usually easy to find a spot to relax.

The dining hall does not serve good enough food for the price they charge. Also a lot of the workers are rude and not friendly at all.

To socialize with your classmates and learn how to work better in a group. This has been valuable to me out in the real world this apply this form of teamwork. This is very useful.

I wish I knew about scholarships and the outside help I could get to further help me succeed in this school.

The most frustrating thing about my school is receive a small amount of finanical aid.

Jesse

The administration at the New Jersey Institute of Technology is absolutely terrible. Expect long lines, an opaque, bureaucratic process, people who have no idea what they are talking about, and general ineptitude. I took a course here over the summer and among many other things, they will not send a transcript for the course. I have requested a transcript twice already, and I have waited months. No transcript. I am beginning to wonder if it will ever show up for credit of this course. Hundreds of dollars to waste? maybe. Don't make the mistake of ever considering this school, you will have to bribe people to get anything done around here. Their student services website is constantly down as well, and takes hours to come back up.

Heidi

I have grown a great deal since the day I started college. Working with Instructors that completely understand the material and with students that are earger to learn, has been a wonderful exprience. I feel that I have matured as a students and it will help me in following my career. Following deadlines, and keeping trake of grades has help prepare me for the work place. In school, the harder that I study, the better grade I recieve. In the work place, hopefully, the harder I work , the better my paycheck looks. It has been a great value to attend.

Justin

My classmates are very friendly and energetic people, always willing to help and offer advice on my projects.

One of the major things that I have taken out of my first year of college is that you can still have fun as long as you keep your goals in mind. As much as someone may want to just have fun, and put off their work, it will always come back to get you. This does not mean that you can not have fun, but that you have to manage your time. I have learned a great deal on the mportance of organization, and time management, without these tools I would not have done nearly as well as I did my first year. Once I was able to manage my time and get organized I not only did better in my classes and i also had time to relax and be with my friends. These tools that I gained during my college experience made it so that I had a very successful and fun year.

There is a lot of work, but all one has to do is keep their head on straight and stay focused on what they have to do.

George

My School is best known for being the only school in New Jersey that works hand and hand with the National Architectural Accrediating Board (NAAB) for architect majors. Meaning if you are planning to get licensed as an architect in the future and would like to stay in state, then New Jersey Institute of Technology is the school for you.

I thought about this question long before I applied for this scholarship and one regret comes to mind. In high school I was the kid who did not apply himself, basically doing the bear minimum to pass. Thus, when it came time to applying to colleges I stood no chance in getting into a good college. Therefore, I went to a community college for three years and got my associates degree. Now I have transferred to a four year college, currently getting my bachelors, but much of my classes did not transfer over. So if I could talk to myself as a senior I think I would tell him to apply himself because I know he is capable of it and that he will be very grateful for it in the near future. In addition, I would tell him that college life is not as scary as everyone makes it out to be; in fact, it can be quite enjoyable. Everyone is in the same predicament (as scared as you) and if you just workup the nerve and start talking to people you will make the transition much easier for you and everyone around you.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend this school is a person who is looking to not really work hard an just trying to get his or her degree because at New Jersey Institute of Technology you will be challenged on all levels.

Dana

A sea of diversity, everyone is different, but all have a common goal.

A sea of diversity, everyone is different, but all have a common goal.

Don't wait for things to just happen. Go out and take the initiative, chase your dreams. Not everything in life goes as planned, and you have to learn to prioritize the things that are most important. Think of the big picture when making decisions, and not the short term gain. Image isn't everything when you are planning for your future, save your money. You want to be a doctor, don?t be afraid of the required schooling, you can do it.

Some professors know english as a second langauge, and I feel that some things are lost in translation.

Sara

Time Management skills to keep up with the school work. Take AP courses in high school or take more advanced courses in high school. Socialize more with classmates and hang out more. Go to different places every weekend. Just chill.

The large number of students in small class rooms.

New Jersey Institute of Technology administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.