Newark, NJ
New Jersey Institute of Technology

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend New Jersey Institute of Technology

Fixed  rate loan

Stefan

If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior, the first thing I would say is to reconsider NJIT. The only real reason I decided on going there was the price and the fact that it is so close to home. However, those reasons do not make up for the lousy education and college experience that NJIT provides. I would tell myself to look farther out from New Jersey to find a school I would actually like. As for tips on college life, I would just tell myself to try hard to find the right kinds of friends. No matter how bad a school is, your friends can make a huge difference. Another tip would be to not try and overload myself with work and extracurricular activities because all that does is cause stress which can make everything less enjoyable. To be honest, there is not many huge factors that I would tell myself to watch out for. It's many little things that usually add up to either a good or bad college experience. Overall, my main advice would be to choose a school I like over what is cheaper or closer to home.

That the faculty and staff don't care about the students. They care about their paychecks way more than how they treat the students. The staff would, and have, make the general student life on campus a little harder for students if it saved money for them so they don't have to lower saleries.

Nothing. Im almost embarrassed to say I go to this school.

Shannon

NJIT is what you make of it, from its social life, to your education, to the area.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to stay focused, to always believe I can accomplish anything I put my mind to, and be ready for a lot of work. College is very different from High School on an academic level, and I don't think I realized how much more effort it would require. I was always a good student and tried very hard in high school, so I always assumed college would be similar. Then I got to college and realized how much more time you have to devote to your studies in order to succeed. Some classes can get you discouraged, but I truely believe as long as you believe in yourself there is nothing you can't accomplish.

Someone who is very focused and knows exactly what they want to major in. It does not offer a diverse variety of majors, so you should only come here if you already know what you want to do, and are willing to work very hard.

Betsabeth

The application to enter a university may be tedious but is very important and you have to pay attention to every detail, take your time to fill it out because there are some programs that help student through out their careers but you have to apply for them since the beginning and you could miss it if you do your application at the last minute! Look for an institution that is good academically and have a lot of options for extracurricular activities, is very important to get involved on and off campus not only for your personal experience but to develop your leadership skills that are so searched by employers. The competition is tough and you have to be apart from the rest. Indentify partnerships that brings you good things on campus, and who can help you to stay focused academically. Is better to spend the time that last your career with someone who knows what he is doing as well as you because you can help each other. But is also important to relief stress and have fun sometimes because there is time for everything, and try to get involved in clubs where you can meet people and socialize.

It's a little dangerous around campus.

Any person who really want to work on a degree and get involved in extracurricular activities.

Jason

I would have told myself to take things less seriously, and not to rush to get out of school because while high school and college seemed stressful, they are nothing compared to life afterward.

Anyone who is no focused and self motivated.

The most frustrating thing about this school is the difficulty to get help with getting into classes or issues with which classes to take. It is as if there is only one way to do things and you cannot deviate.

The New Jersey Institue of Technology is best known for there connections with the real world working environment. A majority of the students who attend this university are looking for an internship so that they can have a connection the the work force and hopefully enter that field as soon as they graduate.

I would tell myself that I should spend a day at each campus with someone from my highschool who went there. If I could have seen what the social life was like and how academics basically rule a students life, I think I would would have been better prepared for what to expect from this university and might have made a different decision.

Before I came to this school I wish I knew how little social life there was on campus. Students here are so academically driven, that they hardly spend time hanging out with friends and taking some time off to relax. Many students in my classes I almost never see aruond campus because I know they are off studying somewhere. I also wish I knew how many students were commuters. A majority of our campus is commuters which means on weekends there are not many people here.

Jency

The school is quaint and research based.

The school is quaint and research based.

I wouldn't give myself any advice. When I was a senior in high school, I didn't slack off. I had my AP classes that kept me busy until graduation. Because I worked hard, I did not find a difficult transition when i started my first semester in college. I also applies to all of my colleges on time and I was organized with all of my information. I think as a high school senior, I did everything right.

Irvin

Priorities are the most important thing to keep inline for college. Time management is a must at this school, and pairing yourself with the smartest people is one of the most valuable things that can be done in college. Don't spread yourself too thin, really discover yourself and your limits.

The best thing about the school is that there are people for everyone since the student body is so diverse. Another good thing about the school is that the curriculm is educational, practical, and interesting.

A person who expects everything to come on their own or naturally. To succeed in this school socially or academically, is a deliberate effort. A person who also does not understand the nature of technical field who wants to go to a technical field should not attend this school either because there are not many options to transfer out of a technical major here. Also people who really love women because there are hardly any here.

Darren

My classmates are very studious and always ready to learn.

My classmates are very studious and always ready to learn.

The advice that I would give myself if I was able to go back in timw would be stay focused and study hard. Always ask for help if you are having problem with any course that you take in college. Also research your major and decide if this is what you really want to do for a career.

I wish that I have known how there is a lack school spirit and the courses that are required to take in order to become an engineer.

shalu

Do not rush into college; make sure you have picked a major you'd like to stick with and can see yourself working with in the future. If not, go in undecided and take general courses, no harm done!

New Jersey Institute of Technology administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.