New Jersey Institute of Technology

« See more reviews of New Jersey Institute of Technology

Match your academic abilities and goals to the school?s philosophy and programming. For instance, potential architects should seek colleges that provide an architectural program or the opportunity to explore this discipline. Many schools only offer a liberal arts education; thus, those pursuing specialized degrees (like engineering) must find schools that cater to such interests. Colleges also provide statistical profiles of current students and admissions criteria compare your GPA and SAT scores to assess compatibility. Class sizes can range anywhere from a couple of hundred to several thousand students. Often, smaller colleges offer a more intimate classroom setting and a better teacher-to-student ratio. Classes at larger universities are frequently taught in a lecture style. A school?s location is as defining as its size. You must choose either an urban, suburban, or rural setting. Also, decide where you are most comfortable geographically. Do you want to stay close to home or are you comfortable moving away? What type of climate do you prefer? Tuitions range from a few thousand to tens of thousands of dollars. Explore academic as well as outside, privately sponsored scholarships. Furthermore, research the possibility of student employment as many colleges offer work-study positions.

"Congratulations! You have been accepted." Reading these words after applying to your choice of college is a blessing. The difficult part is finding the right college to attend. When a student is applying for college, the student should sit down and evaluate themselves and see what fits their personality. During theie evaluation, they should able be to determine if they are the quite type, do they prefer small classrooms, suburban environment, large schools, etc. Then the student should select the college that is completely opposite of what they are use to or fits their personality. The bases for my rational is that in life you will always find yourself in a situation that you are not use to or that is totally different from your personality. College is a preperation for life and what life can throw at you. If a student attends a college that is completely opposite of their persona, they already have an advantage in life. The student has the ability to adapt to situations that are foreign to them. Therefore preparing them for whatever fastball life throws at them. When applying for colleges choose the one that is different from what you are use to.

I got out of my college I got confidence, knowledge and responsibility. In high school it was hard for me to communicate with other people and to get involved into a conversation. Once I got to college I started talking with other students from other countries which helped me interact with them and express myself more easily. In college I took a speech course which prepared me to speak in front of an audience and be more secure about myself. Now, I am working as a Technical Support which involves interacts with people globally. College gave me the knowledge I needed for my career. In the beginning I did not have the slides idea of what a computer was. Now, I help users troubleshoot technical problems with their computers. I know that the knowledge that I acquired in college is going to help me throughout my life. Be responsible is one of the major experience that I got in college. The responsibility to be on time on class helped be on time at my job. The responsibility to present my homework on time helped meet deadlines at my job. For these reasons college was very valuable for me to attend.

Dear Indrit Lamcaj, As you are finishing your senior year of high school, I would like to enlighten you about the transition to college life and the necessary steps to take in order to achieve success in college. I am sure that your senior year of high school has been a blast so far and you can wait for it to end. But before you know it September will come around and your first college semester will begin. I suggest you continue to work hard during your last year of high school and finish strong in order to set the proper tone for your first year of college. Also attempt to join an academic summer program that your college of choice may offer. Such programs will provide you with extensive amount of preliminary college level work, which will benefit you in the future. In addition, during your stay in college I recommend you prioritize your school responsibilities accordingly. The amount of workload in college will increase as expected, but if you stay ready you don't have to get ready. Meaning, you are going to have to manage your time, study hard, and focus on the tast at hand.

The application to enter a university may be tedious but is very important and you have to pay attention to every detail, take your time to fill it out because there are some programs that help student through out their careers but you have to apply for them since the beginning and you could miss it if you do your application at the last minute! Look for an institution that is good academically and have a lot of options for extracurricular activities, is very important to get involved on and off campus not only for your personal experience but to develop your leadership skills that are so searched by employers. The competition is tough and you have to be apart from the rest. Indentify partnerships that brings you good things on campus, and who can help you to stay focused academically. Is better to spend the time that last your career with someone who knows what he is doing as well as you because you can help each other. But is also important to relief stress and have fun sometimes because there is time for everything, and try to get involved in clubs where you can meet people and socialize.

In my opinion there's no finding the "right college". You simply make the best of it by adapting to the schools environment. NJIT was my last choice (of 5 universities) in terms of preference and it turned out to be the only school that accepted me for my desired major (bachelor of architecture). Originally i planned to attend the school, accumulate decent grades and transfer out, but my preconception of the school offerings and environment were completely wrong. The people I met at school had become extremely close with me, almost like family, and most of the reason why i originally wanted to transfer out was because the school didnt seem to be very social. Fortunately for me, i was completely wrong and i have become accustomed to the school and i will certainly never leave. I've heard several times in my life, "you make the very best of it", this is true, regardless of preconceptions. So my advice to others is do your best to get into your "dream" school but if in fact it doesn't end up that way, you can still enjoy your college years only if you make the very best of it.

College is what you make it. I encourage any new student, no matter what you major,ethincity or personality might be that you attend that college or university for your own personal goals and objectives. You're the one in lecture, woring hard for that degree ; make it your experience. As I said, college is what you make it. In that, students that get involved on campus have a higher chance of graduating and finding a job afterwards. Making the connections that will make your college experience worthwhile and prove to be rewarding in ways that may lead to your first on campus job, internship and new friends. I joined the newspaper my fist week at NJIT because I wrote for a newspaper in highschool and it's something that I love to do. From there I found myself ready to pledge the best sorority on campus. Some may wonder where I get all my insight from?From all my experiences. I was a cluster-coordinatior this past summer in our freshmen orientaion program, first hand experience in introducing new students to NJIT. This is your home for the next four years, make it your own.

Parents talk to your kids and ask them what they want to do. Than start with the top schools and lower them to the most effective and middle class that are the ones have professor who will care for the students. Most of the time the top end schools dont provide attention to most student and the middle class are there for the students and are willing to help with anything they need. The student should start looking for scholarship and try to apply for a few, So that the parents dont need to go out of there limit to pay there tuition. The child should be more considerated of the parents. They are there parents and they need help. Children talk to your parents ask question . Ask for help online and to do certain scholarship... something You guys have to communicate with one another. This is the big step for both of you. The College experience is difficult for the student and the parent. The parent is always worry and the student will be worry about making friends and fitting in with the rest of the student body. Parents should let go of your kids, you should known them.

Don't say no to anything. Thinking back to when I was in high school, I wanted to do so many things that I said no to. I do regret not doing these things. I wanted to volunteer at the hospital but I did not. Now that I am older, I realize that volunteering would have not only helped me find my desired career, it would have made someone's day special. Also, I would tell myself to expect the unexpected. Seeing all of these other students getting scholarships made me want one, I never thought that the hardest teacher I have had would nominate me for the All-Academic Team. In addition, I would tell myself that transition is not hard unless you make it to be hard. I have seen many other students that I have graduated with give up because they thought it was too hard. I felt that making friends, talking to teachers, and volunteering for school programs have helped my transition be the best possible. Also, I would tell myself not to stress over the little things and not to procrastinate. This advice would have helped me take advantage of every opportunity I have had.

Everything in life is about balance. It is very difficult if not impossible to find a college that has exactly everything you want and exactly the way you want it to be. In searching for the appropriate college it might be a good idea to comprise a list of some sort and single out the most important things from that list that you would like your future college or university to have. Also remember that in your search for the right school, do not take your tour guides word for the truth without doing some further investigation on the school yourself. The best people to ask is the students themselves because any school will tell interested high school students and their families exactly what they want to hear to get them to commit and make a decision on the college. In other words, simply remember that college is a business too. As for making the most of your college experience; You do not want to have too much fun and perform poorly on an academic basis but at the same time students are not robots either and need to have a little fun once in a while.