Las Vegas, NM
New Mexico Highlands University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend New Mexico Highlands University

Christopher

This college has taught me plenty of things. Because the school is quite a drive form where I live, I have experienced living on my own and fending for my self. I now have to buy groceries pay for my schooling and to do this I had aquire a job, granted that it is work study job. This new college experience has also tought me to balance my schooling with my job, my athletics and my studies. Becuase I am on the University's Cross Country team I have to be very persise with balancing out my time.

This school is not for every one. If some one is looking for a big city and looking to party this school is not for them. This school is strictly for some one to study thier major.

When I speak to my friends I like to tell them how great the student teacher ratio is. Every course that I am taking the instructor know the name of all my fellow students.

Sherry

There is so many things that I would like to tell myself if I had a chance to go back to high school. Well the first thing would be to learn and understand how to manage my time wisely. Managing my time would be helpful for me and my schedule. I think that this would help me with my classes, after school programs and homework. I would also tell myself to ask questions if there were certain concepts that I did not understand. I believe that this would have really helped. I would also have tried to get myself to go to the sessions that they had for college nights. I think if I went it would have really helped me to understand how college is and the different obstacles that are faced. The different road blocks that I am facing in college were similar to high school and college nights would have really helped me. High school was an experience that well help to get to the next level. I would have also told myself to make it a little serious in high school.

What I would consider the worst about this school would be how old the buildings look. Some of the buildings look like they are not in very good shape to be in, such as the dorms. In some of the dorm it looks like a very hazardous place to be. There are also other buildings that look very old that need a little work on the inside. I believe that this is the worst about this school.

Well anyone could attend school if the person is willing to make an effort to go to school. The type of person that is willing to learn something new and wants to better their life has a chance to go to school. Most people do not take the opportunity to see how school is a very important. Everyone has a will to get the grade and the chance to make a difference in their own way. Knowledge is the power to succeed in life and help achieve to the best of the person?s ability.

Langster

I would have told myself to take a math class my senior year. I was told by those that went to college before me to take a math class my senior in order to have your mind fresh for college, but i didn't. i would have also tried to take as many Dual-Credit classes as ossible. that way I would have came into college with a couple credits already. another thing i would have told myself, was that I should start racticing to be a lot more self-disciplined. no one is hear telling to to do your work, it's u to you to do it. that was something i had to learn the hard way. if it was u to me, i would definently go back in time and prepare myself for that.

The best thing about my school is thatit is cheap, and the classes are great. the schoolwork isn't too hard, and if you are struggling, our tutors do a good job.

the most frustrating thing about my school is its location. it is aboout forty-five minutes away from a big city and about an hour and a half away from the biggest cuty. there isn't much to do aroung camus unless you make something.

Andrew

As a Native American on the Navajo Nation, I would say to my High School Senior self that New Mexico Highlands University is a school that I would enjoy. I would tell my High School Senior self that he would have a great time at Highlands despite being there for half a semester. Over here at the college he would soon join a club called the Native American Club that the Native American students and academic advisors formed. He would interact with other Native American students from local Native American tribes. I would tell him too that he would make friends with other students who aren't Native Americans and are still friends even to this day. I would tell him also that the half semester would be a success and he would make his family proud because he would get straight A's, since he didn't achieve straight A's in High School. I would tell him that to achieve this, he would have to stay focus on your work, turn in the assignments on time, and to ask a lot of questions to your new friends and instructors when you need help. This will lead to success.

Nothing, collegeboard.com help me chose Highlands University as my college.

Anybody who wants to go to college in the state of New Mexico. While attending about a half of semester here at Highlands University it feels good to be around a lot more people than a Native American like me would see while living on a reservation. Highlands University is located in a town of Las Vegas where I never had any trouble with anybody so far. So anybody could enjoy attending Highlands Univesity.

Vanessa

As a high school senior, i was ready to graduate and be out on my own. My future plans after high school is to attend college and get my degree in Criminal Justice. I had gotten my acceptance letter from New Mexico Highlands University, and i knew that i was close to being on my own. I was happy to recieve my letter, but i then notice the amount of how much each semester would cost. After seeing the amount of the semester, I wondered to myself how am i going to pay this amount off. I then turned to my senior counselor and asked what can i do to pay this off, she then told me the only way is by scholarships. I picked out as many scholarships as i can and completed them, I read the term and policy of each scholarships and i knew that i would have to work extra hard in order to keep my scholarships. I had to get good grades and stay in school. It would help pay off my expenses, all i need to do is to keep my grades up and fulfill my dream in getting my degree in Criminal Justice.

The best thing that i consider about the school that i attend to would be, the successfulness of the instructors because they are guiding us towards our future academic and future goals. Also the best thing about this school would also be the tutors that assist us in our educational needs and help us strive in completing the work that the instructors assign and to make sure that the work is done correctly and that its proficient.

I believe the kind of person that shouldn't be able to attend this school would be the type, that would give up on pursuing their dreams of becoming someone successful. A person who would not take their academic studies seriously, also a person who had been receding from their educational goals. So therefore, the person who should attend this school should be the type that would take their education seriously and really reach for their goals in pursuing their long life dream of becoming a successful person.

Lynnelle

In high school I was more concerned about where I wanted to go and the school that I could afford to get my four year education. Now that I have completed my first semester in the fall, I have found that an important advice to give myself is to apply for as many scholarships possible and be ahead of the game. Although I am very consistant in my academics, I had trouble with my financial aid and payments. Throughout the semester I have also competed in Rodeo which I also would've told myself to be wise of how I spent my money. The only two advices I really would have told myself is be wise about the money and apply for as many scholarships possible.

The worst thing about my school would be some disrespectful students who stay up long hours and make complaints.

The person to attend NMHU is one who wants to become a teacher or a student pursuing a degree in Literature.

Shannon

Dear Shannon, Be friendly, open-minded, and live in the moment. Enjoy the process of learning and push yourself past any inhibitions. Don't be afraid to show your creativity or imagination. Learn about what it is that makes you happy, pumped-up, and motivated and pursue those interests. Learn to be content with what you have, reach out and be of service to others, because when you do you'll find that all the good of world comes back to you. Always remember to be kind. Success in school depends upon dedication and a certain amount of discipline. Take care to eat well, sleep enough, and study, study, study. Ask questions! Be curious, and take advantage of the great technology available to you. Apply for scholarships. There are thousands, and they can really help ease the stress of finances, so that you can concentrate on your studies. Surround yourself with people who bring out your best qualities, are supportive, and positive. Work when it's time to work, and never forget to play. Keep your sense of humor with you at all times, share what you know, and dream big! You can do it!

I would have to say the lack of degree choices offered to students outside of Las Vegas. I live in Farmington, and attend classes at a branch of New Mexico Highlands University.

Class schedules are accomodating, and one doesn't have to move to Albuquerque, Las Cruces, or other places in NM to get a four year degree.

Daniel

My School is nice, relaxing, funny, fun, understanding, knowledgeable, and helping environment.

If i could go back in time and tell myself as a senior in high school. I would tell myself "That Daniel I know life is hard and you been in this town that you felt like you never belong that's its going to get better. That your going to make great friends, meet your wonderful girlfriend if you stop being afriad to talk to girls. Your going to get better grades because your not surrounded by a lot of negativity. That your going to have great teachers who care about you and be surrounded by people who have the same interest as you to learn about computers like you. That your going to be having so much fun and your so happy you couldn't even dream you could be so happy from years not being happy. Your going to have all you need and want. Also spend more time with your friends your going to really miss them. Oh yea focus on the present not the past."

I would have to stay the best thing about my school is the people. The people at New Mexico Highlands are probably the nice, understanding, turstworthy, and the most helpful people and teachers is what makes highlands so great.

Jamie

This school is best known for one of the oldest universities in New Mexico being built in the 1800's! As well as this school has a very strong social work, science, art and education colleges that help every students become successful academically as well as socially.

Try to be as confident and outgoing as possible, enjoy every minute of every day while on campus. Remember why you are in college, and don't let any obstacle overcome you, college is what you make of it! So study hard, get good grades and have a blast!!

New Mexico Highlands University is an awesome transition from home because your professors willactually remember your name and there is a lot of one on one help offered through the university,professors and peers. This school is an experience of a lifetime, you will enjoy the snow and winter sports, as well as very colorful spring and summer seasons. You will meet people that will become lifelong friends and mentors and get a high quality education for a lower than usual universitry price!

New Mexico Highlands University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.