Las Vegas, NM
New Mexico Highlands University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend New Mexico Highlands University

Michelle

I would love to talk to myself back then. I would tell myself to forget New Mexico State University and to just go to Albuquerque's community college because it is cheaper and the NMSU lifestyle of party everynight is not your kind of scene. I was and still am about getting to my future. I don't care to party all night, what matter's most is getting through school and keeping any and all scholarships so that way I don't put myself or my parent into big dept. There is no room to fool around in college if you want to get ahead in life. That would be my biggest advise. I lost my scholarship my freshman year in college because I didn't work hard enough. That's my biggest regret.

NOT ORGANIZED!!!! I can never get someone to tell me what classes I need to take for next semester. They can't tell me based on my transcript when I should apply for student teaching or when I will graduate.

Anna

While searching for a possible school, students and parents should email people at that school to request additional information, and they should utilize the schools website. Most websites will have short news articles that can give a great feel as to how campus life is at that university. For students I would recommend to take introductory courses in the prospective field during their first two years on campus so they can see if they actually will like the coursework. This is especially important for students who are unsure of what they want to major in or are stuck between choices. Introductory courses can give you an overview of what other classes will be like for that major without giving you a bunch of credits that will not count if you change majors. I had just decided against a major of criminal justice and hadnt made another decision during my sophomore year, but then I took Introductory to Psychology and fell in love with the field.

The availability of resources in Las Vegas is very limited. There are not very many things to do in a students off time.

The relationships between professors and students is outstanding. They are always willing to help students out with course choices, career choices or even the decision for an academic major.

It is very important for parents not to pressure their child into a school that is close to home, unless finances are a main factor in decison making. The best thing to do are go on campus visits. Find the top three colleges that fit program and housing wise and then plan trips to each of the colleges. While on the trip, talk to advisors, program heads, and other students on campus to see what the college academic life is like. Then walk or drive around a two-mile radius to find out what stores, eateries, and other things are located in the area. Combine all the features of the whloe college experience, and the one with the most pros should be your first choice.

I attend an off main campus branch. The adivisors at the main center disagree on a regular basis with the adviors at my center.

Natasha

Very unique, diverse, resourceful, small, and at times fun.

Very unique, diverse, resourceful, small, and at times fun.

College can be so cliche. Any typical high school student wants to join a D-1 university for partying reasons. Well at least that is what a lot of my friends would have to say and that is the image portrayed in Hollywood films. I would tell parents and students to look for school that is suitable for them. For instance, I attend New Mexico Highlands University. I tell kids the student to teacher ratio is great for advance learnings their field of studies. There are a lot of activities to do here and it is an overall diverse campus. I strongly emphasize the small classroom learnings because professors know who you are and want to see you succeed in anything you do.

This school has many great career opportunities. This school is a large athletic school, so anyone interested in sports and those who love the outdoors.

Anthony

It is very important to visit many different colleges before making your decision. Make sure that you take everything into consideration. The most important thing you can do while in college is to get involved. Join clubs, participate in social functions, and join intramurals. It is vital to get involved while in college because it motivates you to do well in school. The most important piece of advice I can offer is that everyone messes up while in college, just get back on track and learn from your mistakes.

trent

Well first check out the school and see how the people are there and see if the teachers say hi or see how nice everyone is.

Is the football players here because they think they can get away with anything and not go to class and they think they run the school.

I think someone with good people skills but it is not my decission to make that.

Nicholas

There were not too many classmates because of the size on the school. They mostly kept to themselves or their own groups.

My advice would be to choose a school that the person is comfortable with. There is nothing worse than going to a school and not being happy with the location, surroundings or people that attend. Money should not be a concern when choosing the right school. The cheapest school is not always the best choice. The person should look for a school with a good track record for graduating students with a particular degree while having good job placement.

The most frustrating thing about that school would be the location and the ability to get a job after graduation. It does not have a big name so the degree does not mean much to employers.

New Mexico Highlands University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.