New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology Top Questions

Roy

The cost of the education was probably the biggest plus, second being its reputation.

Tia

My school is unique in the sense that it is all science and math based. But also recognizes the need of humanities classes for future careers and such. It is a smaller campus so it is easier to get one-on-one time with the professors and TA's.

Laura

The school is smaller than most.

Nicholas

This school allows students research opportunities not availabile at many other engineering colleges. The chance to participate in research activities as an undergraduate is quite uncommon at other schools, but readily available here.

small, technical, in socorro, further away from big cities

James

There are so many oppertunities to get good jobs and do research that involves your major that almost every student graduates with experiance in his/her field.

Eric

This school is fairly small, that is it's biggest asset. The fewer people allow smaller classes, and a close-knit community. Campus is also surprisingly diverse, so there is rarely any racism, or bias. Most evryone here is also (usually) intelligent, making for interesting discussions on topics ranging from the philosophical pros and cons of The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, to Religion and Quantum Mechanics and anti-gravity machines. All four of those are conversations I had in my first week here.