New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology Top Questions

Jordan

This school is tuff it is not very forgiving for when you screw up. Some of the classses seem like the teachers want to fail most of the class so they drop out. Unless you use a cable the internet at this school isn't very good. Some of the professors seem to be more of researchers and not teachers so they don't always present the material very clearly.

The town that it is located in is the worst part about NMT. There's not much to do.

Nicholas

As the school only offers degrees in engineering and science fields, the diversity of personalities and points of view can sometimes be a little limited. This can be a problem if you want to socialize with people who are working in a completely unrelated field, which would be a nice change after having such demanding classes all the time.

Tiffany

there's always some construction or landscaping project going on, and it makes you have to change paths to get around campus, often blocking the quickest route

Matthew

The lack of women students and the large workload especially towards the last year. Women it's about five guys to one girl making it relatively hard to get a girlfriend. The workload can become quite rediculous I have had weeks where I have spent over 90 hours on coursework.

attricion rate: professors try to get the most freshman to drop out as possible, but its also the best thing because you know that people there are committed because the prof's couldn't get them to quit

Jo

There is not a whole lot to do outside campus, especially during summer. Because of this, many students drink excessively. The work load can get to be really heavy, because professors expect more than average out of their students.

Kristy

I hate the fact that lots of people leave on the weekends. They complain that there's nothing to do, but it's not true. They just don't have enough ingenuity to find something fun to do themselves.