Alamogordo, NM
New Mexico State University-Alamogordo

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend New Mexico State University-Alamogordo

I think that the admissions and academic aspects of the school are great. The teachers are always available and willing to help in any ways. The school offers dual credit for current high school students which is great in terms of planning for your future and getting a head start.

bowen

Love it here. It is a stepping stone for bigger and greater things. The professors are very knowledgeable on the content they teach. I have learned so much in my time here, and am excited to transfer to main campus to keep on learning.

Adrianna

I am pleased with the interaction of professors and advisers. If I ever had any questions or concerns, I was almost always able to reach someone. NMSU-A has events to help students decide what they want to major in. They also have an annual health fair for everyone in the community!

Kat

As a whole, I have enjoyed attending NMSU-A. The staff and faculty have been pretty dedicated to the students success and I have had some VERY good professors. It’s a small community college, so it doesn't offer housing of any kind and they recently did away with their campus bookstore (which I am sad about). I have had a few transcript incidents that were resolved quickly but they did occur. The people that I spoke with about those problems though were very quick to help and apologized deeply for the mistake and were quick to jump to action. I commend them for that. The campus is nice and clean and I enjoy the free wifi very much. There are places to study and a good variety to degree options for our local students. While I have had a few problems and concerns, the campus on a whole is very good and I would recommend it to others.

Cassandra

If I were able to go back and talk to my high school self, I would do whatever it take to convince her that nothing is more important than an education. If I had known at seventeen what I know now about the importance of higher education, I would have been writing my scholarship application thirty years ago. I am finding, however, that returning to school now when I am forty-seven has definite advantages. I am now more mature and able to derive more meaning from my classes. In fact, attending one class in particular has changed my career path substantially.

There are not enough activities fostering school spirit. This is the worst thing because high school spirit can improve the school experience in a variety of ways.

The most frustrating thing about NMSU-A is that classes I need and want can be cancelled due to poor enrollment. This is because it is a small school.

As far as I am aware, the University of Phoenix is best known for its intensive student-faculty communcation. I have seen this demonstrated myself as a solely online student, so this is is a genuine testimony. The advisors and instructors I have personally worked with have been very informative and concerned in regards to my home life versus the requirements that higher education demands of us. I appreciated the help every step of the way.

Without a doubt, you should make the choice to advance into a college degree program. I understand that you may not be completely aware or coherent of what field would suite you the best, but you should persevere, nevertheless. There are so many demands for many jobs out there, and there is an increasing chance that you will find an interest or drive in one of these high-demand careers. I encourage you to strive towards the careers that are available to you, and to connect with them in any way that you can in order to find an individual purpose within them. I know I had a hard time doing the same, but it became possible as my education progressed. Do not give up, and do not slow down. There is a reason that these careers are so demanding; the victims within these careers (best known as patients) are in need of your help.

The University of Phoenix is a very interactive university that will guide you ever step of the way towards your desired degree program.

aida

Most are my age or older and I feel very comfortable with the older crowd, especially because they are very welcoming to new students.

I would tell myself to not give up. Stick it out when it seems that it's too hard to continue. There are so many outlets that you can use to your advantage so don't be afraid to ask someone for help. Make sure you really thought about what degree you want. If you are sure then go for it, if not then really weigh your options because you can waste alot of time pursuing things you're not sure of. Overall, have fun with school and make lots of friends.

I believe anyone can attend this school as long as they are trying to get a good education.

Matthew

the advice i would give myself is that you need work hard and stay on task no matter how hard it can get. if you work and put everything you have into college you will succdeed.

The best thing about our school is that the teachers are very helpful wiht everything from helping out with in class assingments to homework.

The thing i brag to my friends about our school is that the college is very rewarding.

Tammy

Students at NMSU-A range in age from 16 to senior citizens. The majority of the students are hard working and want to suceed in their academic career.

I would tell myself, do not wait! Go to school, there is always a way to pay for it.

I would like to see more higher level classes offered at the NMSU-A campus.

Some advice I would give myself would have been to continue my education right out of high school. I waited about 7 years out of high school to attend college. Also focus on your education more than anything else, because that is going to get you where you want and need to be in the future.

Someone that would be interested in attending this school would have the need to learn and to excel in their future education. The professors at this school are wonderful and as is the staff in each department. It is low enough tuition to where anyone can afford an education. The university is understanding to outside needs of the students and their families.

Right now I live out of state, so I cannot take my english classes online.

New Mexico State University-Alamogordo administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.