Carlsbad, NM
New Mexico State University-Carlsbad

1 Rating

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend New Mexico State University-Carlsbad

Sabrina

NMSU-C is a fine two year school, we don't have any dorms or cafeteria food, but if you are just going to get a certificate, an associates, or you're transferring to a four year university, it's okay. Now Carlsbad is a small town that is largely not artistic, and when there is an artistic event held by NMSU-C, there are many people that come.

Going back in time would be great because I never had the parents, that would challenged me enough to be the ?best? I could be. They didn?t care; as long as I went to school they were satisfied. As a high school senior, that was my year to get myself set right. Why I even graduated was because I moved back to my home town where some family did care about me and wanted me to be successful. The advice I would give myself then would have been, ?I can do this, I can be better than this. Stay with it, things can only get better. And lastly, high school is free, you can just go?college you can?t, you have to pay for it.? If you didn?t learn what you needed to know in high school, how are you even going to be successful in college? Start at the bottom, when you should already know all this stuff and waste money when all I needed to do is do it right the first time: focus, stay in school, and gain knowledge. I'm in college now, and I wish i had that advice along time ago.

Any person can attend this school or any school. I think that a person that is going to school should be well dedicated to what he/she is going for, very goal oriented, willing to learn and see things outside the box, be commitment, and devoted to being successful. A person that is going to school should always take advantage of what is in front of them and put forth all their effort.

The most frustrating thing about my school would be that the school has a selective degree program. Not many classes I found interesting or motivating to take but I always try to look at things in a positive way. Not many people get to go to college or even school, so I am very gratified that I am able to go to this school and to gain knowledge. When the time comes, I will want to go to another school that pertains to my degree.

Abigail

I wish I had known who I was and what I wanted to be before I had decided to attend NMSU-C. It took years of giving up and disappointing myself before I realized my education was worth more than that. I got pregnant and am now a single mother. It took so many problems in my personal life for me to realize that education is something noone can take from me and only I can get it for myself. I wish I could have known who I really wanted to be before starting college.

I'd tell myself first and foremost that I have the world at my fingertips. I'd tell myself that I am beautiful, strong, smart and confident. I'd tell myself that I should never ever settle for the bare minimum of my dreams. I'd tell myself to always do the thing that scared me and to take chances. I'd tell myself that no boy is worth giving up your dreams of becoming a doctor and making my own life worth living. I'd tell myself to listen to my mother more, to take better care of my body and mind, and to keep good, safe people in and around my life. I'd also tell myself that this would be the best year of my life so far and to enjoy being in that moment- to not 'want' to grow up overnight. I'd tell myself to savor the pep rallies, the smell of the Monday mornings, the sweat and pain of cheerleading, the friends I had living right down the street, and to soak it all in because when it's over, it's only a memory and hopefully a learning experience.

Everyone knows everybody at my school. It's our own little version of a community. I suppose that's why it's called a 'community' college, but there is more to it. At my school, we're relaxed and understanding. The professors really do want their students to succeed and make it their mission to help out in any and all ways they can. This is unlike any other school I had applied for in high school. I am very lucky to have chosen a school with a real mission to help it's students succeed in life.

New Mexico State University-Carlsbad administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.