New Mexico State University-Main Campus Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for New Mexico State University-Main Campus

James

Overall, New Mexico State University is an incredibly diverse college. They offer everything to Greek life, Christian programs, and programs for minority groups too. The staff and faculty have the resources to help each student do their very best and succeed.

Stacey

New Mexico State University's main campus is an entire world within itself! It's diversity and cultural openness makes anyone feel right at home. The faculty, staff, and student body work hard to support one another and provide encouragement to all students to go above and beyond what they strive to achieve.

I love the atmosphere and the university as a whole. People are friendly and most have their priorities straight. Halfway through my third year at NMSU and I haven't had an issue with a professor. Academic advising could be improved if they were more organized.

Olyvia

Personally, I love NMSU. It is a mid-size campus, so it's easy to get around quickly without feeling too small. You can make your class schedule as easy or as difficult as you want. I generally take two intense classes and three easygoing classes, and I don't feel too overwhelmed. Campus is beautiful and safe. Academically, this school is no Ivy League univeristy, but it gets the job done. If you get the good professors who are passionate about their curriculum then you'll learn a lot. The food is good, but there aren't many options so dining plans can get boring fast. There are some restaurants nearby, so it is easy to mix it up. I have only had good experiences with the campus facilities, like the health center. I would suggest making an appointment beforehand, though. If you are looking for a medium-sized, clean, safe college with beautiful weather and flexible schedules, then I would highly suggest NMSU.

Amber

I am currently a freshman in my first semester at New Mexico State. So far, my professors have been extremely helpful and readily available. Academics is very important and there are many programs to help students with almost anything. I would highly recommend nmsu.

Andrea

This university has a great campus, professors and students are all nice and its education is pretty good. This university really cares for its students and you can always see some new contrusction being made with the latest technology.

Amory

I believe New Mexico State University is a decent college to attend to receive the balance of a big school and small community.

Meagann

It is a beautiful campus, and there are a lot of opportunities to get involved. The professors are fair and caring towards their students. New Mexico State University is a wonderful school and their students work hard to achieve their goals to maintain their grades and get their degree. College is our time to learn who we are in this world, and every day is an adventure. We are all humans, just trying our best to become better and more focused on​ our crafts.

Guadalupe

So far I have enjoyed New Mexico State very much. The community and people here are lovely! The environment on campus makes you feel at home and the professors are great, they truely care about the student's education and they are their to help you through your college career.

Ruth Ann

It's a campus that really puts its students first and the professors are always doing everything they can to help you. NMSU is on a very safe campus. Extracurricular activities are always going on & school spirit is always high; but that's probably because everyone drinks before big sporting events.

Jackie

NMSU is a very good university. There are a variety of things to do on campus. It's very easy to make new friends. Stay on top of your schoolwork! If you notice your grades are dropping get help ASAP. Don't wait until the last moment! I recommend going to NMSU! You will have a blast!

Kiana

It is a rather warm and welcoming campus, especially at orientation. The orientation leaders tried to be funny and opening to break the ice and I was able to make friends rather quickly which was extremely helpful as I am from outside the state and country. They have constant day and night activities during the first two months of school for students to integrate with one another. Even as the semester progressed, there were little food stands or activities on the main pathway to classes. Anyone is also willing to help direct you and connect you to other services on campus and the overall feeling of safety is rather nice as well. Most teachers are outgoing as well and willing to work with you. I was originally planning on a transfer but I'm already reconsidering because I rather enjoy the feel of the campus, the weather and the people.

Grace

New Mexico State University is a good campus overall. It is a beautiful campus and the academics are considered important in the school environment. There are many extracurricular activities and clubs that students can join and many opportunities for students to engage in.

Caitlin

My overall opinion of New Mexico State University campus is that we have a well put together campus. The campus itself is very nice and spaced out to where there is room for students to walk and communicate with others.

Alexis

NMSU is your typical small town not too small campus. It is a conformable setting where everything is at least within walking distance. Student leaders keep students active all over the place. With facilities that are free, such as swimming and the gym, they give easy access for students to try something new. I love NMSU and I hope it just gets better as the years go by. Especially since I am living in the dorms for the first time, I can honestly say there is no place like home when you are here at NMSU.

Manuel

its a great campus. you feel like you're part of a family and there is so much help to help you succeed in school. Moving out of state to go to school was scary and although this campus seems big you can get across the campus in ls then 15 minutes so you have nothing to worry about.

DANNIA

My overall opinion of NMSU is that it's a great school to go to. The people and staff at this college are so engaged and there are so many resources to use that can help ensure that your college experience is not only socially great, but also academically successful.

Zachary

New Mexico State University is a beautiful university on its own side of the city it has excellent programs and funding. we suck at football but know how to have fun as well. There are plenty of things to do in the local area and campus facilities are nice

Brodi

NMSU is a great school, especially given the price. You get a great education for a relatively low cost. School spirit is low compared to other colleges. The professors are super intuitive and helpful and you can always talk to them about anything. Lots of opportunities here to grow outside of college.

Janet

I am very happy with my experiences here. There are a lot of things to do on campus and around town. There are many majors to pick from and the University tries to work with all students to ensure graduation. The Organ Mountains are very close and beautiful to hike in.

Theodore

New Mexico State University (Main Campus) is a beautiful campus and has provided me with a great education. As the state school of New Mexico, it receives a bad reputation among graduating high school students. However, I believe it to be not only the best university in New Mexico, but one of the best universities in the United States. NMSU delivers an a high quality education without leaving students with mountains of student loans, has a great social atmosphere, and is located in one of the most beautiful areas of the United States.

Mathias

Good school

Lizeth

NMSU is budding with greatness. The best part fo this college is that its unstoppable tradition of improving. New infrastructure continues to develop endlessly, classes and professors are constantly being changed by student feedback, and friendly staff lighten the experience of on-campus endeavors.

Samuel

NMSU is a great college! As the campus is massive enough to sustain itself as its own town there are a variety of classes here with an extremely diverse population of students. All of the professors here are also always available to ensure that you succeed while the staff provide you with the support to graduate!

Danielle

I love this campus and the people here.

Alyssa

NMSU is pretty good school with a fair amount of good amenities. They are doing a lot of remodeling right now which can get annoying but this means that the buildings they create are much better with more resources. The education program is actually pretty good too and I've loved all of my professors in early childhood ed.

Yarisel

Overall, New Mexico State University is a warm and friendly place to belong to. Being a student is easier do to the fact that the faculty, staff, and students are willing to help and cooperate with one another in order to improve the chances of success. There are many ways in which this campus creates a friendly environment. Not only do people help one another, but they also have a variety of workshops that are provided to increase the knowledge that any one may need or want, give free services that include tutoring and counseling among many others, and have a very respectful atmosphere.

This is a beautiful campus with a wide variety of sources. The professors are extremely knowledgeable and accessible and the overall atmosphere of the campus is welcoming and accommodating. I would highly recommend the on-campus housing arrangements because they are clean, friendly, and within close proximity to all regular education buildings.

Kaylee

It's a really beautiful campus with a lot of options for classes and clubs. The town is not super exciting but we are close to El Paso and weekend trips here are always fun. I love the campus and I love the people! They are currently updating a lot of the dorms and doing some rebuilding, this does not effect anything. They have it all blocked off and they don't work at night so you don't have to worry about losing any sleep.

Angelica

I really like NMSU. The professors are accessible and usually always respond immediately to my emails regarding class. Also, the students and everyone else are very friendly and nice. One time, I left my ring in the library restroom and someone turned it in, so that says a lot about the people on-campus. Also, one of my favorite things is that they put money into your NMSU ID so you can use it for printing. The restrooms are usually always clean.

Angel

I think NMSU main campus is just the bees-knees! The resources we are provided are great, teachers are super friendly and are very flexible with their students. They want us to really pass and make a future for ourselves. There are also so many diverse cultures and people, not just from around the country but even other parts of the world!

William

I love it here at NMSU! We are all about the Aggies! I love the environment here, everyone is friendly and there are always ways to get help on your work if you need it. There are always people skateboarding/longboarding and riding bikes to get to class. It's a great school and I would encourage anyone to come to New Mexico State.

Lace

My overall opinion of New Mexico State University main campus is a great experience because there are many organizations/ groups to be involve with colleagues and the community. Many professors allow students to present their events in class and always supporting our athletic. Facility and staff are very understanding with student’s situation. Being in New Mexico State University has shown me the diversity of people on and off campus. The programs they offer are expanding to incorporate more programs for incoming students to become an Aggie. Once an Aggie, always an Aggie.

Cindy

New Mexico State University is a magnificent University. I am glad that I am gaining a out-of-state university experience. The University consists of outstanding professors who give their best to assist us and provide us with more facilitations, if needed. Overall I love my university and am proud of being an Aggie!

Jeanette

New Mexico State is a good school it meets my requirements. I already know some of the students that use to go to my old high school. I wouldn't be to far from home it is about a 3 hour drive from home. From what I heard it is a great school and it takes care of their students, giving many opportunities, and it had programs that I am interested in.

Marin

NMSU is a place where people discover not only what they want to do but who they want to be in. We're Aggies and we are proud of that. We love our school and our teams. Thats evident in the way we cheer at a football game and particiapte in annual campus wide cleaning and community service programs to keep State looking great and to care for our local community. Professors are supportive and care about the students they teach, whether its in a 25 person classroom or 100+ lecture hall - the professors truly care. It's a small community that is passionate about pursuing friendship, academics, and adventure.

Guadalupe

It's an alright campus, most people are nice and friendly. Living on campus has it's pros and cons. some pros are that you have everything close by, and there are a lot of events on campus, some cons are that it may be really noisy, even during the week, also another one may be the kind of roommate that you get.

I think that NMSU is a great university with many opportunities and activities for students to partake in. The Professors are very helpful and accommodating to their students. The university staff is very helpful in answering questions along with advisors being very helpful in all things academic for students.

Caleb

I am in my second semester of the MSW program at NMSU. So far, my experience has been positive. My professors challenge me to think critically about the application of Social Work concepts in real-world situations. The campus administration is very active in political issues facing students, especially in the current climate of immigration issues, and make it known that students who are immigrants, Muslim, People of Color, LGBTQ, are safe and accepted. This is a safe and supportive school with professors who have actual field experience in the subjects they teach.

Christina

NMSU is an amazing campus, I have never been happier and the campus community is very tightly knit. There is something for everyone here, the facilities and professors are incredible and have such extensive knowledge. With all the different and interesting places in New Mexico, we are so close to quirky towns and wonderful natural places that every weekend could be spent doing something different and unique. NMSU is often overlooked, not many people know of all the potential we have.

Max

I have attended other universities and never have I ever felt more at home. This place doesn't get any friendlier and helpful. All amenities are great and making friends was never an issue for me here. Professors are aware that we have other courses and the opportunities here are endless.

Aubrey

I have never had the pleasure of experiencing or seeing the sights of other colleges other than New Mexico State University so I can only share my opinion based off of my own experiences because I have nothing else to compare it too. I have so far had a wonderful experience at this college. The professors are passionate about the subject they are teaching and want everyone to succeed. I love every lecture hall and the college has made tons of improvements technologically. They have a variety of majors to choose from and the advising is good in most departments. Since it's a small town it's not much of a party school, but each student on campus is heavily involved socially. I would not have chose any other college and I am happy I am going to this one!

Dominick

Nmsu is badass!! It’s beautiful everywhere’s there’s people laughing and friendly people as well. The professors teach you everything you need to know. The food is an 11/10 and the culture there is so addicting and outrageously amazing. I love it here I’m never leaving

Amberly

This is a great school, the engineering programs are great. It's really easy to make friends and get involved. The food is good but there is definitely a limit to how often you can eat the same thing. On campus housing really keeps the students connected and everyone is willing to help each other.

Lyset

Overall, this school is a very relaxed. It is easy to focus on academics in a town with not much to do. The class sizes are not overwhelming, and it truly is up to you if you want to be very involved in the campus or not. On a campus like this one, a person should appeal to the slower lifestyle of having not much to do.

Diana

The classes are fairly decent sized, the classes are also not too difficult. There is little to do in Las Cruces, but some. The city is decently safe, but that doesn't mean there isn't still necessary precautions. The wonderful thing about student housing is endless hot water and no censoring on who is allowed where. The administration though is horrible and not much help at all. NMSU drags it's feet keeping its end of the responsibilities in check.

Giselle

When I first was looking where to go after high school, I was debating whether to stay home and go to CNM or UNM, so I went to both orientations and find out what I wanted to go to school for was not available there. So last minute I barely make it to the last orientation for NMSU, such a big difference for me, they have what I want to major in and I felt welcomed like I belonged going to the orientation at NMSU than UNM. The professors are great, food is great and I mostly like how the college is together or close built. I can walk across the campus and be safe with short distance, from my experience I felt like UNM is to spread out, having to drive instead of walk to get to class. NMSU is a great, for me, so far so good going into my sophomore year.

Zachary

I hate this school. I graduated with virtually no job prospects. All anyone did was tell me to study for the GRE. During one-on-one sessions with professors, they offered me no career advice but would assure me that I was a good student and would be successful. Now, I am a small fortune in debt and can not find a job above minimum wage. I don't know why a school would prepare their students to become losers.

Exora

I think it's a great college. I have been there for three semesters and anybody can tell they need some improvement keeping the place clean and the buildings kept up with. The range areas like where the livestock is located and the buildings used for the livestock should be redone. Just like many college's out there the focus is geared toward the athletic side and everything else is chopped liver. The instruction is great, they seem to have a shortage in teaching considering someone who doesn't know anything about general chemistry had to be the professor because there wasn't another option. They have a bad cockroach infestation everywhere!

Natalie

I believe that overall, NMSU is a basically good school. It is a nice school with plenty of nature and scenery. Classes are small and usually easy to find. It is quite expensive though especially for small things that shouldn't be so expensive like food.