New Mexico State University-Main Campus Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for New Mexico State University-Main Campus

Garrett

Best campus I've ever been to. There is something here for everyone because we have a lot of diversity. If you can't find something to do, then your pretty much lost. The academics are valued here and it is possible graduate with your dream job at NMSU.

Kat

I love the environment and have always had a positive experience. The students are nice and helpful if I can not find what I am looking for as well as the professors. Each professor has been extremely helpful and made sure I get help when needed. I would definitely recommend New Mexico State University.

SAVANNAHA

I like it more than UTEP, but the city itself is small with limited things to do. However, since El Paso is closer by, you can generally travel the four a better social atmosphere. The education is great, just not the social sphere, that one is lacking.

Leesah

The college is not too big and not too small which I think is perfect. I think it’s a good college to be quiet fair but I feel like there can be a lot more done that will make it even better. I just feel like there needs to be more motivation with our students to actually make a good difference.

ariadna

I am really excited to be a student at NMSU. I love the campus and environment here! Everyone is super nice and welcoming all the time, which definitely makes you feel more at home. The academics are great and so is the faculty! You will find help for whatever it is you might need. Lastly, i feel like making friends here can be so much easier because of all the positive vibes people have.

Ciera

New Mexico State University is my all time favorite place to be. I am so happy that I chose to be an Aggie and be apart of the adventures NMSU has to offer me. It is safe, fun, and I have learned more here than I ever did in high school. If your not an Aggie, who are you? #Aggies #Statedoesitbetter #GunsUp

Garrett

As an engineering student at New Mexico State University, I can say that I've had the best experience in my classes and with the staff. They provide you with everything you need and answer your questions when you ask. The campus feels safe and has improved every year since I was a kid.

Elena

This campus helps you a lot financially and works with you if you have problems with your professors or classes. I have only been here for two years and they have a lot of tutoring options classes are a challenge you just need to put the effort in them.

Kyle

The campus I wonderful place. It is easy to find where you are going and it takes about 10 minutes to walk anywhere. The campus is a hill so skateboarding is the most economical means of transportation from one class to another. The campus has tree shading almost every major walk way so you are covered form the sun.

Ellen Tamanda

NMSU is totally worth it. There are very few disruptions from academic life and the faculty staff are always helpful and ready to serve. If you put your mind to it, you will definitely excel in you studies here are NMSU. A spirit of unity is everywhere and overall, people here are very nice and friendly.

Arianna

Overall NMSU could really use some improvement. The administration gets paid way too much for not doing much at all to provide for students' need. Funding for the arts and for programs who produce results is important, however, programs like football get more and more funding while lacking in results. Also the scholarship money is highly available but not properly distributed. Academics could also be improved by the often monitoring of faculty and staff and their results overall.

Noemi

New Mexico State University is a very friendly campus with many opportunities to receive help. The campus has many organizations that students can get involved in. The professors are typically easy to find during office hours but this varies depending on the professor. Overall it is a good school with a friendly atmosphere.

Andrea

I only like the campus I am at. I feel like I would love it if I lived closer to school and had time to be social. It is relatively affordable, although there are cheaper options. I chose this school because of their exceptional Journalism program, and also because everyone in my family that has gone to college came here, which is the case with many of the students.

Byran

I adore NMSU. I have an awesome times here. I didn't understand what NMSU gives an incredible education. The classes are little and cozy. You truly become more acquainted with the greater part of your teachers on an individual level. The Professors dependably have their entryways open for understudies and offer all the assistance you would ever request.

alexandra

My overall opinion of New Mexico State university- Main Campus is that it is a great school to go to, I've visited the campus many time because I'm a dual credit student and sometimes I have classes on the campus. I'm currently enrolled in an Early college high school which I graduate from in may. My school is by this university which makes it even easier for me to visit the university campus. I've also visited one of the restaurants of the campus which is named Taos and the food there is really good I really liked it.

Vicente

I personally believe that New Mexico State University is a great institution. I do have sone negative comments on some of the professors, however, the University itself should not be affected by only a few professors. I feel that the options that the institution provides are extraordinary. The reason I say this is because they have such a variety of options that at this University you will find a career that is perfect for you. Some if the professors are extremely good instructors in that they are passionate about what they teach but they also try their hardest to help the students as much as they can. I would not be able to speak on behalf of the rooms that are offered at NMSU because I live off campus. I am only able to speak partially about the athletics because I took a semester of volleyball, and I was able to see how dedicated the individual there were about athletics. However, since I work at the Pan American Center, I am able to see all the athletic teams up close and personal. I have to say that I believe that our athletic teams are in good standing, they are not the absolute greatest in the world, but they do a fair job when they play. I also have to say that the NMSU community is really involved with each other. Everytime that I would go to and from class I would always see many stands about joining groups and offering information. Overall it is a great school and I feel that it offers great opportunities for people to get a higher education.

Tobi

NMSU has a lot of room to grow, but they're making an effort. The campus has a lot of promising work being done currently in terms of aesthetics but the housing situation isn't the best. Prices are rising without any extra relief offered. A lot of out of state students are finding that they can no longer afford NMSU. College is scary enough without wondering where you're going to be living. We may be getting a new art building though, so yay...? New Mexico has some of the best food in the country, but you won't be finding any of it on campus. Skip the meal plan unless you want a nightly stomach ache. There's always fun stuff going on around campus, you'll regret it if you miss out! There's also a very active political and activist scene. Art is popular and sports are for fun (even if that fun costs major bucks with little benefits, get your head in the game Aggies!) The teachers are passionate and caring. Don't be afraid to cry on their shoulder if you need to.

Cassandra

I think New Mexico State University is accepting, available, helpful and a really good school. I have learned a lot throughout my freshman year, and am excited to go back. It is a nice campus, not too big, not too small, and there is a great variety of students pursuing different careers. There are always activity booths to promote extracurricular, job fairs, blood banks, the Greek life, and other student opportunities. The food available has a wide variety, with close restaurants nearby in case there is a want for something more. The professors are very helpful too. Overall, the school is great.

Conrad

I am disappointed in the cost of housing. It is more than my parents for a house and their food and I am expected to live in the dorm as a Freshman. I may not be able to go because of the housing. i also leave messages for the sports director and no one returns the calls.

S.

Overall I have a positive view of the university, although I have only attended as a graduate student. In my graduate program, the academic curriculum could be more intensive and students are not always pushed to their limits. I believe classes in the wildlife program could be more rigorous.

Jaicey

As a freshmen attending New Mexico State University for the first semester I would say that I overall enjoy NMSU. The campus is organized as one singular community with various places to eat, study, and meet new people. As an individual with high levels of social anxiety, I found the programs and events to be inviting and safe. Overall, the university does it's best to provide safe and comfortable spaces for it's students. There is a wide variety of clubs and extracurricular activities which are easily accessible. As this semester is coming to a close I am proud to say that I will be attending this university for the next semester in order to achieve my greatest goal, becoming an inspiring animator and creator.

Julia

New Mexico State University is a decent college. I never had any issues and most of the professors are very friendly and helpful. The only thing I do not really like about it is the town it is in. Las Cruces is quite boring and has not much to offer for young people apart from hiking and maybe going to the movies occasionally.

Nichole

The School is mid-sized, but everything is centrally located and easy to walk to. The Campus is also beautiful and green, with new renovations all the time, they have no plan to stop providing their best. I'm from Arizona, and it's fantastic that this school can offer Arizona and Colorado residents in-state tuition. To be honest, even the out of state tuition is cheaper than every significant college in Arizona, but this school is at the same quality, if not better than those more expensive schools. Las Cruces is mainly populated during the school season as it is a college town, but it's a small city so if you're looking for all the aspects and stores of a large city you won't find it here. Because it's a college town, almost every restaurant and store will give you a student discount.

Alanna

That's right we're the Aggies. We're here to do or die, and even the hills are noticing. We win our games, and when we don't we analyze the situation and fix what went wrong. Yeah, we promote Thirsty Thursdays, we aren't afraid to wobble in our boots and give a toast guns up n' proud. A-G-G-I-E-S!! Give us a visit and we'll lasso you right in.

The school is average at best. The tuition is affordable and provides scholarships for state residents, however is reflected by academics. Many of the classes, if not all in select departments, are taught by graduate students, not much more motivated than the students. There are a range of extra-curricular activities and Greek Life is a staple on campus.

Erin

New Mexico State is a great school with an outstanding campus. There are plenty of opportunities that come out of this school. It is safe, and provides nice facilities for student learning and academic success. NMSU has a wide variety of majors, as well as, a small student to teacher ratio. There are tons of on campus resources that can help any student reach their academic goals.

Key

Its a nice rustic university, if you like to walk or jog at night it's not so bad, if you come for the academics I'm sure you wont be disappointed because most teachers that I've had want you to learn and I'm in the ACES college so "if hands on" experiences are a better way for you to learn, they have tons of labs for it where you actually learn out to bleed a sheep or judge a bull.

Alexis

I love it!!! Go Aggies!! I am currently a freshman and I am about to start my second semester and I love the atmosphere that NMSU brings and offers. There is so much to do on campus every single day that it has become a habit for me and my friends to go check out what is happening. Also see like it when NMSU HSSA our free gifts and stuff. Aggie spirit!!

Maddison

Overall, I truly enjoy attending New Mexico State University. I am currently a senior in high school, and I take courses with NMSU. I attend campus twice a week for my math course, and I haven’t had a single problem. The only thing is there should be more parking spaces. Some days it is very hard to find a spot. Other than this, NMSU has a beautiful campus and it is very welcoming. I would recommend going to NMSU to anyone who asks.

Crisemma

overall super chill, no doubt that it’s a party school but everyone is super nice and the professors here (for the most part) are super funny and fair i’m grading. there’s loads to do on and off campus, you can never get bored of having a college life

Adilene

It’s a great school. Tuition on the other hand is outrageous. If tuition was lower maybe $300 per class not per credit hour it would easier and more convenient for others who are wanting to get higher education attend NMSU. Not all of us have the income to pay $1107 per class.

Josue

Great university, I completed my undergraduate and graduate studies here and I highly recommend it. Faculty, staff, and students are friendly and helpful. The professors are always available either on campus or online and the curriculum is rigorous but fair.

It's a pretty good school, but it does tend to focus more on STEM subjects, Though, the other programs aren't that bad. The food in some places are a little too expensive for my liking, but there is a certain place where they serve really good pasta- it is definitely worth it.

Brianna

New Mexico State University tries it's hardest to be thoughtful and cooperative with students in making the campus fun and educational, while preparing students for the rest of their lives. Particularly, New Mexico State excels in making students feel safe in spite of how large the campus is.

Perla

New Mexico State University campus may not be one of the most distinguished or popular campus of the nation, but is definitely one of the most cozy, accesible and charming. The people are very friendly, and the professors care about your education as much as you do. It is an excelent choice if you like small and connected communities.

Abby

I really enjoy NMSU. Now that I am rearing the end of my freshman year, I have a good understanding of the university. It is a really vibrant and inclusive campus. We have many cultures here on campus and I really enjoy the student life. I like this NMSU because there is a niche for everyone. Everyone is able to find a place in which they belong.

Ethan

I am happy I chose to attend this university. I have grown up in this town, and never wanted to go here. From the start, I knew I made the right choice. The campus is beautiful, easy to navigate, and the faculty is nice. Advising has improved greatly, and the sports are on the rise. Great university to attend, and Las Cruces is great.

Amod

I think it is a great place for young and older students to expand their minds.

Ulises

It is an incredible campus and the people that I attend classes with are great people! I have met some of the greatest people at the school such as my fraternity, Alpha Tau Omega. The food could be a little bit better but overall I love this campus. NMSU is a great place for everyone to learn and have fun,

Drake

I love New Mexico State University because the campus is super beautiful and all of the things you can do and there is so many majors. Its also very cheap compared to other colleges. Out-of-state tuition is very expensive but it just depends on the campus.

New Mexico State University is a tremendously beautiful campus with friendly students and helpful professors. There are many activities that students can get involved in from fraternities and sororities, to clubs and organizations that vary from language to computer software to textiles and merchandising. Overall, the people are helpful and extremely friendly.

Mark

I love New Mexico State. As a Honors College student I am given plenty of opportunities to help research and thrive with Independent study. I am planning to go to dental school after graduation and the Honors College staff have found a local dentist for me to shadow. I made the right decision to come here.

Lashae

The campus is great but the only issue I have is with advising. My advisor doesn't know how to communicate very well and doesn't help me when I have questions or concerns, her answer to me is I need to do it myself. Then when I have an issue, I can't change the outcome because I didn't have the correct guidance.

Iovanna

My overall opinion of the school is that it is lovely and marvellous Campus. Though I did visit the school a few times I have gotten a huge interest in entering the school once I graduate from high school. NMSU is a university I would love to be part of the campus life and joining the programs that the school has to offer.

Adrian

I believe that anyone who is looking into enrolling into a university should definitely look into NMSU. Not only is the campus beautiful, but there are many opportunities for anyone enrolled in the school. The atmosphere in and around the campus is great and the people there are extremely friendly.

Christopher

On the whole, I think that NMSU is a good campus for people who are looking for a relaxed, yet engaging learning environment without having to pay costly amounts of money. You won't break the bank, but you will learn a lot and the professors are very thoughtful and providing.

Bethany

New Mexico State University- Main Campus is beautiful and safe to walk around. I asked people for directions and each person was kind and helpful. The teachers I met were kind and also helpful. There are many buildings and not to hard to find what your looking for. I’m excited to go here next year.

Dominique

Working in the field of arts has been a passion of mine since I was very young. My life as a performer began when I was about four years old. I was enrolled in early learning music classes and then began practicing guitar a year later. I would perform as a soloist as well as partake in guitar ensemble performances. A few years later, I took flamenco dance classes and began acting, taking on various school performance roles. It was around middle school that I started studying guitar and singing on my own because growing up in a family of five on the west side of town, and we had no extra money even to consider private lessons with a formal instructor. My first year of college has been a dream come true because double majoring in music education and theater at New Mexico State has provided me with opportunities I've never had such as private vocal lessons, working backstage for a production, performing in an opera, acting in student films, and education classes that teach me how to share my knowledge with others. Not only do I have the privilege of living on a beautiful campus, but in a loving environment where I am surrounded by kind, and studios scholars who all work very hard to achieve success. Overall, I am proud to be apart of such a unique, and amazing school.

I honestly love NMSU, it's close to home and a nice place to start your education. I have only visited the campus a few times since I am still a high school student, though what I have seen is always very nice. The facility is very clean and feels safe. I have never worried about whether I felt safe in the school and they even have an alert system if anything were to occur. Their sports program is also awesome, my family is a big fan (Go Aggies!!!) and I love how enthusiastic everyone is about the game.

sergio

I really do enjoy coming to NMSU, the campus itself is very beautiful. I have encountered any problems with other students or any aggressive behavior in the campus. It seems like a great school to attend the teachers are very helpful as well. The one thing I do recommend is to really know what you want to do and don't rely much on the counselors. I have encountered various problems with them "recommending" me a class that doesn't belong to my major. I would give this school a 9/10 overall.