New Orleans, LA
New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary

Stella

This is a great school with campuses around the country. I attend the South Florida extension center. It has a nice library and student lounge, but there is no food, dorms, or off-campus housing available to its students. The professors are brilliant and kind. There are a lot of deep thinkers and almost everyone participates in class discussions. The student lounge is always nice and quiet, with smiles on everyone's face. I like going to night school, as it frees up my mornings and allows me to work during the day. The students are overall a little lazy, but we get our work done. The professors do a wonderful job at keeping the material mostly enjoyable. Although the lectures may sometimes leave you with a headache, I believe it's worth it. The work is not too hard and it is usually interesting enough to motivate me, at least a little. It is a mostly low-stress environment. There is a lot of love at this school, and I think that makes it great.

I love this school and highly recommend it! The student atmosphere is warm and friendly, and the professors are readily available. Classes are very interesting, and professors are always willing to help. Anyone who loves small class sizes will love this school.

Erica

I did not take Literature class seriously and therefore, I missed many opportunities to read the classics. Now, Shakespeare and Henry David Thereau are on my audible.com's virtual book shelf. High School was a boring experience for me. Looking back, I would advise myself to study and read more in Literature. I also would advise myself to have taken Art IV class because I could had applied for a college scholarship; instead, I took a typing class, suggested by my mother. There were no mentors for me to learn to apply for colleges, how I would pay or knowing how to set a goal of study to create a career. If I could return to myself, I definitely would seek out guidance for the school counselor.

I wish I had known my degree program was going to take longer than 3 years, even though I attended full-time, year-round, without changing majors. This would have helped me plan my graduation better.

Anyone can attend this school. However, since most all of the ministerial programs are intense and based on Southern Baptist doctrine, the student would need to take this in to consideration.

Benjamin

No matter what you want to do with your life, spend your undergraduate education learning a skill that you could fall back upon in a time of need. Having obtained an undergraduate degree in International Affairs and a masters degree in Divinity, I have thoroughly enjoyed all of my education, and I greately value what I have learned. However, outside of "church work" none of my education has prepared me to be able to obtain skilled work in the event that I should need to find a job outside of a local church. Had I the opportunity to do my post-secondary education again, I would have pursued an undergraduate degree that would allow me to obtain a "back-up" job, should I ever need one (culinary arts, accounting, business management, etc.)

The worst thing about New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary is the fact that one gets the impression that his or her concerns as a student are often brushed under the rug by administrators. Whether it be the quality of a particular instructor or issues with housing, it is not rare for a student's efforts at contacting administration with concerns to get a total lack of response.

NOBTS is very much a practical ministry institution. One of the greatest things about the seminary is the fact that students often receive ministry instruction during the class in the morning and are instructed to practice that same ministry within the New Orleans community in the afternoon. This being said, there are some seminary students that really just want to hole up in a library and spend 3-4 years reading and listening to wonderful lectures. This type of student probably shoudl not attend NOBTS.

New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.