New York Institute of Technology-Manhattan Campus Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for New York Institute of Technology-Manhattan Campus

Tyler

I thoroughly enjoy my college, the professors are always very helpful. I believe within my major the opportunities for cultural experiences and job matches are necessary for my education. The students whom also study my major are very helpful and knowledgeable within their respective fields and years of study.

Ashanti

I like the school. The professors make the campus very comfortable to attend and the students are very diverse in ideas and cultural background. I'd say to be financially smart about attending here and make sure you keep your grades up to par and be smart about how you spend your money so you could have cash for books and other equipment you may need for school.

Endea

Overall, NYIT is a great institution especially for those experiencing college for the first time. The small class sizes of 15 or less students help to make classes easy to focus in. For the majority, almost everybody knows everybody- or at least a friend of a friend. We all take part in the shopping and eateries located around campus. We have a mall literally a block away and Central Park is across the street. Columbus circle is also right across the street so that's another plus. The food in the Cafè is good and the bookstore sells a plethora of snacks to get you through those long lecture classes. There's two food carts on campus and even more across the street near Columbus circle. They even have a halal cart so vegetarians are covered. All in all, the atmosphere is great. I've been attending NYIT for almost a year now and I've made many friends. There's plenty of lounges and hang-out spots to catch up with friends or work on homework. There's almost always an event going on and the school isn't afraid to be socially conscious. They have "Common Ground" events that give students a platform to voice their concerns and opinions. All in all, I'm loving my experience so far. NYIT is truly a great institution.

Elias

I am a currently enrolled student and I will start attending fall 2018. I've been to the school about 6 times and each time I find myself more excited to be there. From being one of the most welcoming places I've been to and just a wonderful place. Everyone is extremely friendly and the professors are lovely. They really care, but they only care if you do. The alumni and current students are great. They have multiple sororities and fraternities and many clubs and organizations. Plus, they have a 97% of graduates find a job less than a year after graduating. A job in the field that they majored in. That's amazing! This school is awesome. It's clean, easy to walk around and impossible to miss. the are is wonderful.It's on 59th street. Yes! In Columbus Circle. It's surrounded by many shops and stores that you can get a part time job at while you're going to school or if you want to buy clothes or food. This is the perfect college. There's also an AMC theater a few blocks away. This college has everything.

Laura

I think it's a great school for people that are focused on learning. If partying is more of your thing, go somewhere else. I, for one, am really happy here and I think that the academics, facilities, teachers, and environment the school is in are amazing.

Harshwardhan

New York Institute of Technology-Manhattan Campus is a great university with a great and caring administrative staff. They are really helpful whenever a student needs help with anything. The best part about NYIT is that it has a lot of on-campus job opportunities for students.

NYIT is a good school if you aren't looking for a traditional college experience. You have to make your own fun and oppurtunities are around but you need to take initiative to find them. There isn't much support from administrative departments but student life staff and professors usually go out of their way to help you. The residence halls can use some upgrading but they are a short trip from the campus.

chantel

New York Institute of Technology-Manhattan Campus, is not as bad as many would say. Personally NYIT has provided a safe and loving environment in which has helped me in many stressful situations (which is common for any student). One thing that I personally do not like would be that our campus does not have a gym in which we can have any sports events or athletic clubs, but to compensate for such disappointment we do have central park across the street that provides an amp amount of space for such activities....overall I am proud to be a bear !

kirill

For a College in NYC, it's pretty cool. Buildings are not that archaic. The professors are pretty good as a whole and the academics are consistently challenging without being overwhelming. I like that the school adds new degree programs with the changing demands of the tech industry, and that they are progressive enough to have an esports team.

Melanie

Overall NYIT- Manhattan is a great school for commuter students. However, if you are looking for the more traditional college experience, NYIT Old Westbury is the best option. If you enjoy being in the heart of New York City with Central Park across the street and your dining hall being Whole Foods or another store, NYIT-Manhattan is the place for you. Make sure to get involved and spend some extra time on campus and you will find your place.

Kiara

Its an okay campus for a non-New Yorker to experience the city life and learn at the same time. There is a small campus cafe but there is a lot of restaurants and stores nearby so you can get almost anything your heart desires. The library is really small but a great place to get some work done. Also they have some really cool events that often have free food as well.

Yenifer

New York Institute of Technology has a very small campus and the classes are small as well but that is not necessarily a bad thing. The professors do try to help you even outside of class time and are available to help with whatever you need, they are also understanding especially to students who have studio classes and have a big project to do and don't have time to do the assigned work they help arrange some extra credit that can help raise your grade a little which is really helpful.