Old Westbury, NY
New York Institute of Technology

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend New York Institute of Technology

Mehdi

College of Oestheopathic Medicine, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy.

College of Oestheopathic Medicine, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy.

Take school seriously and make sure you keep on studying in college in order to build a bright future for yourself.

I wish I had known more about the other programs that are available in the college.

Jared

I would go to community college first, then go to a university. And i would make sure to apply myself in every subject, every semester.

The fact that some classes are only offered online. However, they are starting to offer more classes both online and in class.

April

My school is best known for its Architects and its technology students.

My school is best known for its Architects and its technology students.

Ben Sweetland, a famous author, states that, ?success is a journey, not a destination.? Concentrate in high school and pay attention to everything. Decide what you want to accomplish out of life and what you want to be. Time management is one of the biggest problems that manystudents have today. They don?t prioritize, but instead they wait until the last minute to get their work done. You can be a procrastinator thinking that I have all the time in the world but you don't. Remember what Mrs Taylor use to?time wasted could never be regained.? Learn to organize and plan ahead for everything that you are going to do. If a math class is tomorrow, then have all the assigned homework and other work done ahead of time. Why wait until tomorrow to finish yesterday?s work? Aim high because once on top it is hard to fall but starting from the bottom and getting the top is harder

I think tuition is the worst thing about my school because it is too high. If you are not on a scholarship or from a rich family it is very hard to afford tuition especially since I am not working. I am trying really hard to get a scholarship and some money so I don't have to take out anymore student loans or anything.

Nicholas

Go away to school. Live on campus and also apply for more scholarships

Go away to school. Live on campus and also apply for more scholarships

How much school would have cost, including , books, food , and travel expences

WHen i brag about my school, i say the location is the best part. Also, the people are very warming and open minded

Angela

This school is very serious, maybe a little too serious. Hopefully it pays off afterwards and makes me prepared for the "real world".

Number one step I think for choosing the right college is to go there yourself. Understand the community around the campus (if you are dorming) and look at the overall attitude of the students attending. Don't be shy to ask basic questions to the students, they would be happy to talk about their experience while attending. Research online. Look for message boards about the school. If you know what major you are going for, see if that school has a good program for it. A good way of seeing this is to look around the department. See the classrooms and how they are set up, how many classrooms are available for the major. See if the school's technology is up to date, that is really important. See if there are presentaion areas strickly for the major. Ask how many professors are within the department. Really take the school in and really try to understand what kind of school it is, that makes all the difference in weather you will have a enjoyable time at this school or a time you regret.

I very career driven serious, mature person. This is not a big party school. The dorms are not on campus. Good thing I am living at home and going to this school or I would be incredibly bored. Never heard of any parties going on.

Dominic

I believe if you want a to live the college experience, apply to schools, that have alot of school spirit and a well known and high sport team/s. You'll meet cool people in the dorms, and on campus, and anywhere there are frat and sororiety houses. For parents, be careful students tend to do poor freshman year, due to the excessive partying, but it leads them down the right path most of the time, beacuase they tend to work harder, to increase their GPA. If the school has no dorms, it will lack spirit, and if it's not into its athletic sport teams, it will also lack spirit. Division 1 sport teams, frats/sororities, and a well known name make the college experience. When there are none of these evident on campus, then students feel left out and can't make friends easily. I reccommend to get out there dorm, or get an apartment, and apply to well known name schools, with a big campus life.

Small classes, for those who want to learn more and get the most from their professors.

The campus is boring. I believe the absence of dorms on campus causes low school spirit.

Khojasta

we have a 7 year combined BS/DO program and a good architecture program

we have a 7 year combined BS/DO program and a good architecture program

I would advise students to go for their dreams and really try to be the best that they can be in the field that they are interested in. They should pursue this goal and work dard to truly be the most outstanding student in their field. For parents, I would advise them to encourage their child every step of the way, through support, possible career goals and guiding them to a brighter future.

peole who are interested in osteopathic medicine, medical field, architecture, business, nursing, and engineering

Jonathan

This school is best known for the lack of a social life. I feel that many people tend to be anti-social and unfriendly which causes many to transfer. There is actually a joke for what NYIT really stands for and that is "Next year I Transfer". I don't understand why this is the case. I know I've tried to be social, but most people don't take to it too well. I never had this problem at any other school so I know it isn't me. I hope this changes.

I would first advise people about the cost of college. You really need to consider the price/quality of education ratio of each college and how much financial aid they are willing to offer. With the economy in the state that it is, I feel that for most people this is the most important piece of advise I can give them. When it comes to making the most out of your college experience, well it's all about being social. Everybody is in the same boat as you. Nobody knows anyone so the best thing to do is be the outgoing person. Everyone likes the outgoing person and it makes for an amazing first impression. People like friendly and confident people. By being as such, you are laying the foundation for a great college experience. One last piece of advise, don't be lazy the first semester. I know many people that screwed up their first semester of college and still kick themselves for it. Do not be lazy, use that first semester to create a solid foundation for the rest of your college career. For most, this is the easiest semester of college, so take advantage of it.

The best thing about my school is the job network they have for us when we graduate. This is the reason why I stay. With the economy in the terrible state that it is; I feel more secure knowing that as long as I continue to do well in school, I will most likely walk out with a job. That security keeps my stress level way down when I think about what I am going to do after college.

Maxine

Find a college that is flexible and has many classes to offer.

Find a college that is flexible and has many classes to offer.

Individuals who do not work or have a flexible schedule.

Someone who works full time. School is not accomodating to working adults.

Daniell

College is the most expensive part of our education. The best option for parents and students that are looking to further their educations would be to find a school that offers the program that you are interested in. After establishing this, look into scholarships and grants to help pay for your schooling. Once you have that diploma, you will feel a sense of accomplishment. Employers will not care what letterhead signed the diploma, but that you have accomplished this task. It's about the education that you received while attending the school.The best part of schooling is what you want to get out of it. College is about finding out who you are and determining the type of person that you want to become. Do not give up on your goals, it may be trying and difficult, but the end result is what it is all about. This is the place where you grow into the adults that you will become. Grasp every opportunity that is offered to you. Try out new things and ideas, this is the place to grow and flourish, where you will get the experience and understanding of what life is all about.

I would started my education here instead of transfering in to continue for my Bachelors Degree.

New York Institute of Technology administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.