New York University

« See more reviews of New York University

NYU is the dream school where: you wake up every morning and revel in the fact that you go to NYU, the meaning of communal bathrooms is lost, a normal Welcome Week activity is "Guess the Straight Person", you can truly find classes and majors (i.e. "Evil" or "Underwater Basket Weaving") tailored specifically to your interests, adventures and opportunities are easy to access (unless you find yourself blocked by a film set), and summer vacation is truly the worst part of the school year.

Even though New York University tries its best to have students interact with one another as often as possible, the university can be described as an isolated school. Most students attending NYU agree that everyone is only focused with his or her own work. Most students do not enjoy the idea of sharing notes. Anything that will entail receiving better grades will be praised even at the cost of having a social life, thus isolating each student to their own studies.

New York University is essentially a miniature microcosm of New York City as a whole; thousands of diverse students swarm around Washington Square Park during the day, coffee and umbrella in hand, eager to get the most out of their education at a rigorous, urban, research-focused university located in a global city teeming with opportunities in business, technology, and the arts.

NYU is packed with phenomal opportunies in any and every sense as well as small, tightly-knit communities-- all in one of if not the most exciting city in the world; however, it can get hella lonely and dealing with the university itself as institution looking to bleed you dry of your money and sanity can get frustrating.

The students at my school (Stern) within the university have very different goals than I do and can be described as "Sternies" who are very focused on majoring in finance, and take their school work and careers very seriously, and tend to be somewhat exclusive, something that is very different from what I am used to.

By centralizing itself in the cultural heart of New York City, NYU is a school that draws its students into a more worldy environment where all kinds of exchange are a part of everyday life, whether it's with the dynamic professors, passionate students, or unique citizens - learning isn't limited to classroom.

New York University is a fantastic school for a variety of majors because there are so many choices and so much variety in teachers and styles of learning; the school's main focus is to make you into a professional in whatever field and on whatever road you choose to go.

New York University stern school of business has an exceptional finance program. The connections are great. The academic focus is good. The lack of a unified campus lessens the campus/community, but it can easily be corrected if you are outgoing.

NYU is an acamedic school that is in and part of downtown NYC; there is a strong focus on research and a career goal, but there are many who enroll without any idea what they want to study or what career would be ideal for them.

A school mural splashed with intense color, each so distinct and vibrant, though somehow the colors merge into perfect unison, creating a body of artistic intelligence, purpose, ambition, and academic success