New York University

« See more reviews of New York University

Very independent individuals. NYU students "do their own thing" and are definitely not suited for typical college-quad experiences. They tend to think they're more "grown-up" than they really are since they live in NYC, but nevertheless, living in NYC requires a certain tough mentality on its own.

My classmates are incredibly varied: some are book-smart, some are street-smart; many are artistically talented and good with numbers; almost all are pretty opinionated, but all of us are extremely fascinated and curious about different people, cultures, languagues, and the world around us.

There is not a cohesive social scene at NYU, and that's one of the things to love about it. I honestly couldn't give you a profile of the average student, because there isn't an average student. Whoever they are, though, you can be assured that they'll be well-dressed.

My classmates are all very dedicated, passionate, and hard working stduents who all believe in creating a better future for themselves and for their families. They also love to have fun, go to parties whenever they can, and just being genuinly nice people.

The student populace has quite the varied voice, but for the most part everyone seems open and liberal minded. A hardcore conservative might have problems fitting in, but as long as they didn't force their views on anyone, I'm sure they'd be fine.

My classmates are driven, excited, outgoing, adventurous, and always ready to try something new; classes matter to them but that isn't all--they're great, interesting people who love learning and can't wait to do something unexpected!

There are the classmates who are vibrant, brave, compassionate, smart, and driven people; and there are the classmates who are self-centered, inconsiderate, fake, shallow, and privately desperate--NYU attracts 'em all, so does NYC.

Bright and inquisitive but sometimes apathetic about the school, NYU students work hard to achieve their goals and/or what they feel is expected of them, but make time for socializing and taking advantage of all NYC has to offer.

My classmates are hardworking, goal driven students who want to make a name for themselves in this world and attempt to do that by attending school and participating in the school community and the community of New York City.

My classmates are a reflection of the diversity of New York City; they hail from every different background and location imaginable with their likes, dislikes, hobbies, and personal characteristics being equally as diverse.