New York University

« See more reviews of New York University

I tell them about how fortunate we are to have such a supportive community. The students, the faculty, the professors - it's simply a wonderful academic atmosphere to pursue your dreams, expand your intellectual horizons and create memorable experiences both social and self-reflective. I also tell them how great it is that we have so many resources at our disposal, ranging from an endless array of clubs/organizations, a kick-butt career resource center, a diverse religious/spirtual center, plenty of amazing campus discounts,various events with free food and a great student medical center. The list goes on!!!!

The professors - they are definitely not your average teachers. They do more than assign and collect homework. They are incredibly knowledgeable in their own fields. But they also inspire you in ways that make you a better citizen of the world as well as student in other classes. They raise your self-esteem and are funny, relaxed, wonderful people. Their students, including myself, fight to get them for another class in another semester. While everyone else complains about their boring professors, I brag about how great mine are and how much I am learning day by day.

Bragging is definitely an overstatement with regard to New York University. Though someimes I can almost cut my friends' jealousy with a knife, I wouldn't say that there has been a time that I've felt a need to brag about NYU-- its reputation precedes it. Since coming here I've found that most people consider NYU's location to be unparalelled by most other schools. Attending a school "in and of the city" offers a student opportunities for countless jobs and internships and venues for exploring new interests. The challenge is making time to get out there.

When I tell my friends about my school, I brag most about all of the motivated students and distinguished faculty I get to work with. Everyone at NYU truly wants to be there to learn and to expand their knowledge base. All the students know how to work hard while being able to let loose on the weekends. Students are also very open, always friendly and ready to make new friends. There is a multitude of student groups and activities on campus. Meanwhile, the fuculty loves their jobs and truly wants to impart their knowledge to students.

Being able to attend college in the heart of New York City is what I brag most about to my friends. I am surrounded by a different city culture that enhances my education. The professors call upon aspects of the city and incorporate into my education experience. I have gone to the Met to complete a class assignment. Everything is at my fingertips. I am never more than a 5 minute walk from anything I need. There is a reason why New York City is called one of the greatest cities in the world.

Most universites have a set campus, with the perimeter fenced in, Ivy growing on the building, and a "green" or central grassy area where students gather but at NYU we dont have that . Students walk out of the buildings and are smacked in the face by New York City. We're not separated from the rest of the world, we're a apart of it which in my opinon help students adjust to what the real world is like. How many students can say their dorm is on 5th avenue and they walk down Broadway to class?

New York University campus is part of the city. Many kinds of people from all over the world. I have new friends as far away as CA, OR and FL. Many students are from out of the country. New York is such a big city, so much to see and do. I can walk out my dorm room and something is right there to do - book store, coffee shop, entertainment site, etc. I've seen famous people walking on the sidewalks, I've gone to a few music shows near by, I've been to Times Square, Central Park, etc.

The key bragging point about my school is that is is in the city. On any given weekend I can attend a broadway show or other performance with the discounted tickets provided by my school. There is never a dull moment, we have so many places to experiment with such as different cuisines at restaurants that it feels as though we are learning much more than could ever be taught in a classroom. In this way we can experience the vast culture of the city, and in a broader sense the country.

Year after year, NYU is either in the top three "Dream Schools" for American high school seniors if not at the very top of the list. And in my experience, it is for good reason. This may sound hokey, but I really do brag about what a great time I had in school. I brag about world-class professors and tell "Only in New York" stories. These stories would never have been possible without NYU's intentional design of the school and campus life to centered on the world's greatest city.

Friends are always envious whenever I mention having met or seen a famous actor, singer, or director traveling along the streets of New York City. Many well know professionals within the entertainment industry dwell, shop and perform within Greenwich Village and those whom are alumni of the school are also invited to give lectures and teach classes to NYU students. This provides great opportunities to meet and network with successful individuals within prospective career fields.