New York University

« See more reviews of New York University

I think that the worst thing about my school is that there is no traditional campus, especially when I was a freshman and trying to make friends. I also think that the lack of a traditional campus is a good thing. I don't really feel like I've gotten to know that many people at this school well. It was very easy for me to blend in and kind of disappear with the crowd.

some of the students complain about the universty. That's the worse thing. Honestly NYU is not that cheap for some one who doesn't enjoy it to waste their time there... The University also has a number of ways to report disatisfaction, with methods available to contact the President directly. NYU tries to have a proactive student body but a number of downers hold us back

The worst thing about my school is the tuition. The tuition is expensive and can be intimidating at first. Besides this, the school is great. The education is well worth the money but the money is an important factor when considering colleges. If people can put the tuition aside, they would fall in love with New York University in a second because it has so much to offer.

The tuition I believe would be the worst aspect about my school. Although the school offers financial aid to students, it is not a substantial amount to help with some individuals to cope with financial problems. The university seems to focus its budget toward things that will in a sense market the university versus helping struggling students themselves.

The administration is a nightmare to get around, and the school is so decentralized. I can get past NYU's other flaws, but it was always impossible to get anything done, and it felt very impersonal, as if the school was more focused on attracting new students and appeasing the alumni in favor of an endowment. The current students often felt overlooked.

The unbelievably high tuition and lack of financial aid. The price of the school is going up and yet the amount of financial aid isn't. Also what I heard and read about the school on the school's website was misleading and false. I thought I could study abroad in any NYU location for the program I'm in but I found out I could only go to six.

Well, there is not much of a united school community here; most of the questions on this survey were difficult to answer because NYU wears so many different masks and it really all depends on how you want get involved. That can also be a positive, though: it just depends on how much independence and self-motivation you contain.

The only negative aspect I can think of with New York University is that it is so large it is sometimes hard to consider yourself part of a community within academia rather than just part of the city. However, New York being the amazing place it is makes it easier to accept this notion and I still consider myself at home.

The worst thing about NYU is the cost. NYU charges a lot for housing, and it is often cheeper to get an apartement in the city when you are a junior or senior. Also, the administration doesn't always operate smoothly, and can be sometimes very confusing for students trying to get information or help with financial aid.

Having a lack of community on campus. Also being in the city has it's ups and downs. The down part is that it is always loud wherever you go. To get away from it would mean at least an hour of traveling. Weed is also a prevalent issue here. Weed has just been decriminalzed in NYC so a lot of people are doing it.