New York University

« See more reviews of New York University

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

It really varies per school. CAS is generally labeled as emo/screamo kids from New Jersey. Tisch is considered to be mostly hipsters. Stern has it's asians. Gallatin kids are wealthy and lack direction. Steinhardt is pretty across the board. There's also the School of Social Work and the School of Continuing and Professional Studies, but honestly I don't really know anyone there. On a more broad scope, the student body is often classified as such: rich, gay, Jewish, from the Tri-State area, snobby, hipster-ish, unsociable.

The business school students have the stereotype that they all wear suits to class and will be super rich by the time they graduate. The performing arts school kids students are thought of as starving artists and will not be very successful in life. It is thought that everyone else is going to be in debt and will not be as rich as the business school students. It is thought that everyone at NYU knows the Olsen twins.

Tisch students are quirky and a little loony. Stern students are snobby, stuck up, far too competitive, stand-offish, and uptight. CAS students are "normal". Steinhardt...no one knows much about them. LSP students are stupid. The rest don't really matter.

All the guys are gay. All the students are rich. There are a lot of Jewish people. Tisch students are pretentious. Stern students are amoral money mongers. NYU is a wannabe Ivy League.

That NYU is full of gays and jews and hipsters. That Stern is made up mostly of asians. That the school is full of people who were rejected from Columbia.

We're all beautiful, too cool for school, and partyers. We're hipsters, and wealthy artist-types, who care little about learning and all about culture.

Since the school is so expensive a common stereotype seems to be that NYU students are rich. Another seems to be that NYU students are pretentious.

People think we're all really smart and rich. That we live some sort of dream life in the city and that we're getting an amazing education.

-All of the men are gay -Everyone is artsy and interested in theatre -People are music snobs -The business students are all Asian

The guys are all rich, metrosexual, Jewish, spoiled....and pussies. The girls...JAPs, sex-deprived, materialistic, and lucky.