New York University

« See more reviews of New York University

What is the stereotype of students at your school? Is this stereotype accurate?

The stereotype NYU student is 1) Very intense, both at work and at play 2) Not too worried about money 3) Has high career aspirations

If you're looking for hipsters, NYU is definitely where you'll find them.

The stereotype of students at NYU is that they are all hipsters. There definitely are some people at NYU that are complete hipsters, wearing purple pants, socks with cat designs that go over their pants, a vest and a baret. They wear this crazy outfit as they smoke a cigarette outside of Tisch. However, there are THOUSANDS of people at NYU who are not like this. There's plenty of diversity. Everyone has their own style. Tons of people from California and the tri-state area.

The stereotype for NYU is that everyone is a "hipster". Though there are definitely a handful or pretentious students who think they are above everyone else, there are many students who span across the social spectrum.

It's very hard for me to stereotype the entire school since we are a very tight-knit group at ITP-Tisch, therefore I know very little outside of Tisch. Tisch however, is a complete hipster factory.

Lots of hipsters. So many hipsters.