New York University

« See more reviews of New York University

Firstly, they should be academically-oriented. They should have a will to explore their own possibilities within this school, this city, and the places NYU can take them. And I believe that NYU is a school that works well with passionate individuals. A ho-hum, apathetic person just wouldn't do well here. However, NYU is also home to a huge array of different "kinds" of people. So many different religious and ethnic groups are represented, so many clubs catering to different interests exist, and so many options are available for every decision (Kosher dining hall or traditional style tonight?).

Someone who is willing to put in the work. That person has to be willing to go to tutoring and study sessions and truly go the extra mile to excel. The courses are challenging and they require a lot of time, studying and reading. However, there are amples resources available through the university when it comes to studying and tutoring and help. This person has to be attentive and strong. Anyone can and should attend this school because it is truly diverse. The school offers so many opportunities for higher education; anything and everything can be learned at this school.

You should attend New York University if you are brave, inquisitive, and open to new ideas and experiences. Being brave is important because you will be living in one of the most important cities in the world. You must be able to stand up for yourself otherwise you will be pushed aside.In New York you will experience something new every day and if that something you love, then you will love this school. Also having an inquisitive mind is essential in a school that pushes you to define everything for yourself instead of filling your mind with others? ideas.

The type of person who would attend NYU is someone who wants to learn in a multi-cultural environment in a big city setting. It is someone who appreciates and enjoys the mess, noise and close-quarters of a big city, who enjoys amenities such as mom&pop stores, crowded city streets, and non-stop life; someone who manages sensory overload well and is not overwhelmed by too many opportunities. The person who should attend NYU has a healthy sense of who they are; is fun yet disciplined, and wants to enhance their own world-view through those of others.

The very urban-minded person, who enjoys a constant stream of new experiences and knowledge in their lives, would feel right at home here. The same person would have to be considered ambitious, and know how to balance work and play in order to keep up with the strenuous coursework while enjoying all that NYC has to offer. Also important is a strong sense of independence-NYU does not have the feel of a "college community", and a student would have to be very self-sufficient in order to manage their personal affairs, like a regular citizen of New York.

The person should be omeone who is free spirited and adventurous--or at least wants to be that way! It's a big move, to a BIG city, so anyone considering higher education in NYC needs to prepare themselves for some learning experiences and adjustment periods. The NYU student body is of every background and interest and belief. Your own opinions and beliefs will be put to the test and you'll be pushed to grow. NYU is for someone who is open, unafraid of adventure, willing to take intiative and who has an appetite for broadening their horizons.

NYU has always been the dream school for a majority of it's students and so the people who choose to go here are very excited and passionate about the University and living in New York City. An NYU student should be a dedicated and hard working student, adventurous, open minded, and willing to take advantage of the city and all of the amazing resources that surround the school. NYU is a very different experience from most 4 year colleges and requieres it's students to be independent by placing them in the real world starting freshman year.

One of the things I love about my school is the variety of people that attend it. However, no matter how much we all differ from one another there are a few factors that exist in all of us. Ambition is the leading characteristic; we all want to go over and beyond our expectations to stand out and suceed. Consistency is the next; NYU students don't give up, they follow through with everything asked of them. The characteristic I love the most is that everybody is unique and not afraid to show their true colors.

Know that if you want to attend NYU and be successful, you should be a determined, hard-working, thick-skinned, versatile go-getter. You should expect the unexpected and be able to navigate a large, busy city full of no-nonsense people. You should be a person who works hard and plays hard, so that you can handle stress effectively. This place is a dose of the real world and the reality is, you have to work to accomplish your goals. it's not easy at all. If you enjoy culture, music, and night life, go to NYU.

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who is very independent and proactive in shaping his or her experiences. New York University has so much to offer, especially because it is located in the city, however it is very much up to the student to take advantage and find out about these opportunities. Students at NYU are also very career-oriented and intelligent, so one looking to attend NYU is usually focused and hard working - in addition to knowng how to have a good time.