New York University

« See more reviews of New York University

NYU requires a very independent person as well as a motivated one. It is not a state college and therefore one should not expect that type of atmosphere. We have no Friday night football games but we do have the entire city at our feet. There is no one look to the students each person is unique and diverse in a variety of ways. If you are ready to be on your own NYU is for you. Also, if you are truly interested in learning and delving into a subject matter deeply NYU is also for you.

Because of it's size and location, New York University is a very liberal school with a very diverse and large group of students. While being in the city offers many opportunities, it is easy to fall through the cracks here. NYU is best suited for open-minded and driven individuals who do not mind being out of their comfort zone- it does come with its benefits, such as pre-exposure to the post-grad life and career experience through a plethora of internships.

Anyone who is dedicated and hardworking should attend this school. Coming into this university, I wasn't the hardest working student but I am quickly adapting. NYU is also located right in Manhattan, so anyone who enjoys the big city AND can handle big city life should attend this school. One should have the right mindset of self-progression and should also possess the ability to adapt to the fast pace of the city.

A highly scholarly person should attend this school, one who is ready for any challenge that awaits them and will commit to completing the challenge with full effort. In addition, they should be able to utilize New York City as a playground - taking advantage of its great opportunities that are waiting to be discovered. In addition, one must have an extrovert, open personality to attend the school.

You have to be confident in yourself and determined to do well because the school is extremely competitive. You can't be afraid to say what you think and have your own opinion. If you graduate from Stern, the diploma will be worth a lot and will help you get a job, but again, must be very focused and most students here major in finance with several marketing majors and some management.

Outgoing and openminded students thrive at New York University. NYU is an institution that offers the best in education and arts. The large student population can be a little overwhelming at first, but there is a place or club for any type of student. A student who is considering NYU must be willing to put themselves out there and attempt to make connections with people.

Anyone who is looking to get a great education in one of the best areas in the country! The location is great, the professors are great, and the school is incredibly well-noted. If you're interested in being in an exciting, fast-paced area with endless opportunities, it's a great school. The classes are challenging but managable, and the professors prepare you well.

A person should attend this school only if they are open to change and open to experiencing new things. You have to be willing to go outside your comfort zone, or else you will find yourself alone and unhappy your entire time at school. You need to embrace the eccentric and try to be unique. The people that are different are the ones that do the best at NYU.

Anyone who loves New York City, who would love to experience it. There's so much to do around here: theater, restaurants.. as long as you enjoy lots of people and the city life, you'll love it. You'll be able to meet all sorts of people. However, like 90% of colleges out there, most social events include a lot of drinking and drugs.

An independent person who doesn't need a lot of support from others but wants to actually go outside of the daily routine to make friends, artistic yet practical with clear-cut ambitions and goals, someone with financial stability, likes to stray from the beaten path, emotionally stable, like the metropolitan lifestyle, a liberal