New York University

« See more reviews of New York University

Large class sizes make it very difficult to get to know your professor, even after going to office hours. You wouldn't expect to have this problem at a private school, yet it's a problem at NYU.

For me, the most frustrating part of NYU is the cost. With one of the highest tuitions in the nation and one of the most expensive locations in the world, funds can be difficult to come by.

The tuition and expenses. The costs are hefty and overpriced. While the value of the education seems well worth its cost, having to pay such a large sum is frustrating at times.

Some people think it's harder to make friends because of a lack of an actual campus. This isn't true, unless you're totally antisocial and don't really talk to anyone.

I suppose that the only thing that really frustates me is having to choose a few courses from the hundreds that interest me, but really that's not such a bad thing!

The most frustrating thing about NYU is the occasional lack of unity among the student body due to the immersion in the city "campus" and the size of the school.

The most frustrating aspect is the inability to receive adequate financial aid. However,there are many ways to get around this like work study and scholarships.

The school is enveloped by the city, making it tough to find community here. Expect to feel out of place but realize that it is a great place to be lost in.

The stress of living in a major city can often leave students very drained. The financial demands of the university are also a major source of stress.

Since the campus size is so large, in order to make friends and feel a part of the community each student has to make a lot of the effort on their own.