New York University

« See more reviews of New York University

Looking back over my first semester, I feel the one thing I wish I could have better prepared myself for was the intense amount of freedom that we were granted as college freshman. I love the freedom that we are given in regards to choosing our courses , extracurricular activities as well as the freedom and opportunity we are offered through the city atmosphere. I wish I could have better realized the myriad of activities and opportunities that I would have available to me at NYU so that I cold have researched my options more thouroughly and narrowed down my preferences.

Frankly, I told myself the right things when I was in high school; I did all the right things. I even started a college club for stressed seniors. But, I was mainly concerned with the price of college. It weighed heavily on my decision making. And if I were to go back in time and tell that sprite, charming young man something it would be to seriously take finances into account. However, don't allow estimated cost to limit your dreams. Although it is expensive, you will not be limited because of your inner drive. Anyone with that will succeed.

I know that, New York University is one of the Top Ranking institution in the United State of America. More often than not, i had been following their achievements since i was in the secondary school. I know, it is a school, where , i could be monitored and tailored to my dream in life . It is a place of wisdom , knowledge and understanding ,where you could really know whom you are and what to become in feature to come. Through all this i had known, gave me the strenght to pursue the Great New York University of our time.

New York University sets up a school in which you attend a magnificent school, but are also placed into the grand city of New York. Attending college here caused me to grow up extremely fast because of the independent environment fostered here. I came in expecting a more campus based experience, as I had typically imagined when thinking of college. I wish I had understood the vastness of the experience I was about to have so I could have adjusted to college faster and dove into city excursions and experiences faster.

I wish that I had known how different the workload in college is from that in high school. In college, there is generally less homework given, but the homework is much harder than that in high school. As a result, it requires the same amount of time dedicated to studies. It can be very easy to see what appears to be a light workload in comparison to high school and procrastinate as a result. However, one should not let this fool them. The difficulty is not in the amount of work, but in the work itself.

Before coming to NYU I wish I had known what I wanted to study in relation to what I wanted to do after graduation. The resorces for networking at NYU are overwhelmingly helpfull to postgraduation job searching and if I had realized that I liked environmental studies, I could have forcused my time on other projects with the sustainability department to increase my knowledge of that field. Instead I spent most of my time working in finance, which is helpful but I would rather be in the environmental field.

I wish before going to school that I knew the amount of money spent versus the amount of knowledge recieved. I wish I knew this because after spending a lot of money, I feel like I learned much more on my own in 2 months rather than the paid 4 years. I feel like at school I learned a lot of obsolete information by teachers who did not seem to care for the student's success. Therefore i wish i knew that my eduction was worth the money spent, especially coming from a highly accreditted university.

I wish I would have known how hard it was going to be to have control over all of the aspects of college life in New York City. As a young actress, I constantly worry about making the right connections and always proofing that I have what it takes. It's exhausting. Sometimes I find it very rewarding, but I wish I would have known how physically and mentally draining it was going to be. I don't think I would have changed anything, but it would have been less of a shock.

I wish I had been prepared to juggle a job and a course load as well as the social life that the city provides for. While I did work during my first semester the unexpected strain of employment with academics got to be to much for me and I had to give up my job in favor of my school work. However, now I am in need of money that I could have made and saved last year with better time management. This year I enter school knowing my obligations.

I think prospective students should understand that with regards to attending a university in a city like New York for example, the experience is probably much different from attending a traditional university in terms of not having huge quads or lawns. However, the city experience isn't worse off in any way, it offers a lot of great opportunities outside the classroom that should be taken advantage of.