New York University Top Questions

Why did you decide to go to this school?

Cicek

I decided to go to NYU because of the diversity of the student body and because it is located in such a lively, urban setting. It was not my first choice because it is not a typical college environment at all, but I decided to choose NYU since it is high ranked for its academics, and I knew I would be able to have great internship opportunities here.

Isabella

I didn't decide to come to NYU, my denials decided for me. My top three schools were Columbia (which I applied to early decision), Stanford, and University of Virginia. All three schools waitlisted and ultimately denied me. I wasn't expecting this situation to come up, so I was pretty much a deer in the headlights around May 1st my senior year of high school. I decided to come to NYU because its versatility appealed to me at the time. There are many schools within NYU and many, many majors, concentrations, and minors. Anything you could possibly want to do, you can do at NYU. Furthermore, the great public transportation didn't limit me to just the college area. I can explore the city, the outer boroughs, and travel home at the drop of a hat all for under $10.

Varun

I decided to go to NYU partly for the prestige and partly for the chance to live and breathe in New York City. Being from New Jersey, I've always wanted to know what it was like to study and live in the Big Apple. Being here has allowed me to mature and gain insight into where I want to go next with my life after I graduate.

Varun

I decided to go to NYU partly for the prestigious and partly for the chance to live and breathe in New York City. Being from Jersey, I've always wanted to know what it was like to study and live in the Big Apple. Being here as allowed me to mature and gain insight into where I want to go next with my life after I graduate.

1. I'm from the west coast, and I thought changing the scenery would be fun. 2. It's in one of the greatest cities in the world. 3. I knew there would be so many opportunities in the city. 4. The programs here are infinite, and completely doable (like studying abroad).