Newberry College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Newberry College

Rhyan

I always am thankful for Newberry to allow me to attend a beautiful school. I love my school. The family environment that is shown between all of the students is a fantastic experience. The outstanding teachers and students around allow me to feel apart of something special and apart of something wonderful.

Kylan

Newberry college has been an amazing small school, that is extremely underestimated. The close proximity of the students and the teachers allows the experience at Newberry college to outshine experiences gained at a larger university. Newberry helps to better each individual student.

Kaitlyn

Newberry College has a friendly atmosphere and A.C.E tries to make sure there is always something to do on campus. One of my biggest issues is the freshmen dorms in Brokaw. The building is extremely old and the dirt inside is ground into the floor so no amount of cleaning can get rid of it.

Hunter

There is no other university or college that will give you more personal attention or will treat you as family. Professors are of the elite in their fields, but are also modest; they always take the students' best interests into account. The faculty and staff of Newberry genuinely care, and that's not something every school can say.

Autumn

I think the campus is wonderful, just like a lot of other people think...but I think more can be done. Some of the people who work there aren't that helpful when it comes time when you really need it. Don't get me wrong, that's not many of them. Many people who work at my college are there to help in anyway possible. It's just some act like they don't want to be there and do their part. Fortunately, the pros outweighs the cons. I've experienced help through many teachers I've had. They treat students like adults. Another pro is the way other students work together. On so many occasions, I've seen different students bring it their all when they put their minds together when it comes to a complicated class. And I've been involved in those type of things, and they can be awesome! And when a situation arises, I've seen friends of different students stand up for them or bring them support whenever they need it. It's magical and bring a smile to my face whenever it happens!

Claudia

My overall opinion is that it is a great private school with small class sizes that help with one-on-one opportunities. The student life at Newberry is great. It is more of a family atmosphere and because it is a smaller school, everyone pretty much knows each other. Newberry is a great school with a wide range of majors to choose from.

Brandy

The staff and students are all extremely nice. However, the cost of tuition, room & board, as well as other fees are unreasonable. The meals in the cafeteria (as well as hours) are not worth the amount we pay. The dormitories are often moldy and as old as the college itself - therefore the price should not be as high as it is. That being said, they are pretty good about rewarding financial aid! Sometimes I think they could help out the students more, but they do good at giving almost every student some scholarship money. My favorite thing about the college is the athletic community. It's very diverse, but I do think that the football team shouldn't get all of the department's attention. Unfortunately they usually do. Overall, as a Junior, my experience at Newberry has been a good one. I love the campus and I've made life long friends.

jordan

Newberry is an overall great school. I love going to a private school that is not only concerned with the education of the students but also the religious views. Newberry is a private Lutheran school and since i am Lutheran, it makes me love the school even more. We have a beautiful chapel on campus that is open to Sunday service and is where some of the big events on campus happen!

Andrew

It’s a small campus with great teachers and faculty that care. There are a lot of athletes, a great selection of Greek life, a lot of art majors and a chapel. I really enjoy it. The campus has a historic feel to it and everything is very easy to find and within a short walking distance.

Niya

Newberry College is a great school! I love the class sizes, it's a fairly small campus which is another plus. The staff are very friendly, and always willing to help the students. There are fun events that are held which is a easy way to become more involved as well as meet new people. There are plenty of opportunities to become successful and learn from.

Cassidy

I think the tuition is too high for the facilities not to be nicer. Especially the living facilities they are all pretty gross. The cafeteria is sometimes good but often the dishes are not clean when you go to grab them. For 5 years now a new dorm has been promised to freshmen but still nothing has changed. Newberry college needs to step it up.

Kaitlynne

I overall love Newberry College. It is a great academic school, but not a school to go to if you don't want to be the talk of everyone. Everybody is in everyone's business. If you date someone who goes to the college, and ya'll break up, it is very awkward because ya'll may or may have classes together. Newberry College is a great academic school.

Tristan

Being a visitor, I was able to see its variety of buildings, from dorms and mess hall, to its facilities and academic fields. The students are very well-behaved and can be easily approached. You are able to do things inside and out of the campus whether you are new or are still attending. Although I never had a formal visit, I had gone three years ago during the summer and was given a tour by my instructors and talked with a former student while there, as people are still able to live on campus in the summertime.

Ethan

Newberry College is a great college for those who are serious about their education. It's small so most professors really get to know you and will work with you if you have any problems. The biggest classroom size is no bigger than 30 people in a room and you make a lot of friends. Overall Newberry College is a great school for anyone to attend.

Alexandrea

Great sports opportunities with a great involvement. Class sizes are small enough to get the information and help needed. Freshman dorms could be bigger and revamped. Cafeteria is bright and open with a good selection of food. The campus is very beautiful.

Shavares

Newberry, is a different environment. It may seem normal and boring full of average college kids with no life. But other the horrific cafe food Newberry is really what you make it. It's really all about who you surround yourself with. If your surrounded with people who aren't just going to school just to do other things other than focusing on their future, you're going to have a great time every night because it so much free time outside of being a student-athlete. Regular students have it good but if your on the more focused side of a student you're going to have mixed emotions about Newberry. There are some nights you may feel hopeless from not wanting to have to use the restroom 10 mins after you eat the cafe so you just starve. Also from burning up all night because your air is broken or from burning out your chick fil a card so now you're forced to eat the cafe. Or just simply from too much school work and plus 95% percent of the time you're an athlete so you either have an easy practice or weights or even late practices and early classes. Either way it's an obstacle, but we're not going to downplay like that's all Newberry is about. Newberry's special in its own way. Sporting events wise, it's a movie dispite the college being so small the people and fans bring the energy every event doesn't matter the record. Basically cause it's nothing else in Newberry County to do. The nightlife, it's either a hit or miss but if it's a hit. I promise you it will be one of the best nights of your life. Welcome to Newberry.

Ryan

Newberry College has extremely small class sizes, above average sports teams, and a sense of togetherness within. Students stay involved with extracurricular activities, along with campus interaction. The city of Newberry is surrounded by the college and the events on campus. Outsiders come frequently to support athletes and students alike.

Zharia

My overall opinion of Newberry College is that it has its potential things about it. The only thing is that with the increase of African American females at the school, one initiative they should take is to have African American sororities. You can't do it for the men and not do it for the women. That's one thing they can do to keep people to come to their school.

Shanna

Newberry College is a great place to be. All of the professors and staff were welcoming and very friendly. Greek life is a big thing on the campus. Students love to sit on the grass and chill around the pool. All facilities are clean. I plan to attending Newberry College in the fall!