Newbury College Top Questions

Yomaira

The most popular clubs in the campus are Inkeepers club and teen voices as well as active minds. I am involved with the Inkeepers club which is more related to hotel major. They do different events throughout the year. There is a Montreal trip every year. They do a Christmas party called Home for Little Wanderers to help unpriviledge children get a gift for Christmas and provide families with a basket full of food items. Athletic events are popular although sports are not my interest.Students in dorms do not leave their doors open that I know of because I do not live on campus. There are many guest speakers on campus throughout a semester.

Some popular groups are Orientation Leaders, and Residential Assistant.

Kayleigh

I'm not really sure. I mentioned several times before that while there are a lot of student activities there are not a lot of people joining them. We have a pretty good psychology club that hosts a lot of diverse activities. It's really nice because the club doesn't meet often making it easy for commuter students to make it into their schedule. The school also hosts a lot of things too and if they gain enough press there is usually a good turn out. There are a few dances and a lot of programs that have mentalists, games, performances, and so on. I've been to a few of these things and the attendance rate really does vary. There have been times where the auditorium is packed and other times there aren't more than ten people there. I really think it's all about how the event is advertised.

I would have to say that being on a sports team creates a popularity level which we all enjoy. There isn't that one BIG group of popular students. We are popular within each of our own groups. The residence halls are very welcoming and students are always socializing with their dorms open or just hanging out in the halls. My closest friend come from the soccer team and past/present roommates. Being at a small school gives you that opportunity to create life longs friendships. What did I do last weekend.....well It was Halloween and I had a soccer game on Sunday so the soccer team hung out together and I went to a friends house. there are definitely hundreds of ways to have fun without drinking, I mean your in Boston, if anything just go out and explore.

Our Athletic teams and music scene seem to be the most popular. We have a great fan base for a lot of our teams. It's not uncommon to see a black out at a Men's Basketball game, the Baseball team bringing a coach up to the sideline of a Women's soccer game, or the painting of chest and stomachs for a Men's or Women's Volleyball game. Always expect a crowd at a Def Jam concert or Open Mic night. We have a lot of talented students on campus who have big aspirations and dreams that want to share their talent with anyone willing to listen. We have something called Nighthawk Weekends where the Campus Activities Board hosts events all weekend long like comedians, hypnotists, theater groups, and the list goes on. We have an annual Halloween dance and Semi-formal. Home for the Little Wanderers, Spring Festival, and so much more in between. Don't be surprised if you see a mechanical bull or rock wall one day. And when there isn't anything going on at school, Boston is right there at your disposal! There is so much to do in Boston, you can never be bored unless you make it that way. Boston has free, yes free, college nights to the Science Museum, Aquarium, Museum of Fine Arts, and even Fenway Park. Your free time is what you make it, and there is always something to do.

Thyda

I would have to say that the largest student activity we have on campus are the sports. The sporting events usually get pretty wild with students cheering for their team! However, there are many other organizations that students are involved in. For example, we have the Campus Activities Board. The members of this group help to plan and advertise most of the events that happen on campus for the students. There is also the Commuter Council and the Residence Hall Council - which shows that there is something for everyone. I cannot name ALL of the groups we have on campus, as there are too many to take the time and name them all here. If there is a group that we do not have, it is not hard to start it yourself with the help of one of our Campus Activities Coordinators.

Joanna

Sports is a really popular group. I play softball and I am a member in SACC. Most people leave their doors open unless they are doing homework. I met my closest friends by living in the same hall way as them freshman year. We love going into Boston and going to fanuel hall. Being right next to Boston helps because there is so much to do.

The most popular groups on campus would be Newbury athletics. Many students are on sports teams at school. We all take pride in Newbury and attend the games to cheer on our classmates. Dorm life is also very popular too. The majority of students leave their door open and welcome people to come in and hang out. I loved living in dorms, you get to see more students that way and be involved in the school by meeting new people and hanging out with them. Now that I am a commuter, I feel like I do not see as many people as I used to opposed to living in dorms.

I would say sports are a very popular student activity here at the college. There is also a great step team, campus activities board, and many others. It is also very easy to start a club or organization here at Newbury. So if we don't have something you like, just start it up!

The most popular teams on campus are all of our athletic teams. All of the teams are very close and because of how small our school is it is not difficult to make friends. These are just some of our clubs and organizations on campus: -Admission Ambassadors -Class Councils -Class of 2011 -Class of 2012 -Class of 2013 -Class of 2014 -Communication Club - NEW! -Commuter Council -Community Service -Gay Straight Alliance -Innkeepers Club -International Student Organization -Multicultural Student Union -Music Club -Orientation Leaders -Outing Club -Residence Hall Council -Student Athletic Advisory Council -WNBY Student Radio

I wouldnt say we have a popular club or activity because all of the students enjoy them all.

Kylie

The most popular groups on campus I would say are the Athletic teams. We have a total of 13 Division III sports: Golf, Baseball, Softball, Volleyball (M,W), Soccer (M,W), Tennis (M,W) Cross Country (M,W), Basketball (M,W). We have a plethora of groups on campus from a music club to a flag football club, and if we do not have a group that your student is looking to participate in we have a Campus Activities Board that you can talk to about starting a new program!

The most popular activites that occur on campus are getting involved with athletics. Many students are student-athletes. However the college puts on many activites for all students like different guest speakers or (my personal favorite) having the dining hall open until ten and serving foods like wings to kick off the NFL season. There are not many "typical" college parties that occur on campus since we are a dry campus but we are right near BC, BU, and Northeastern therefore on the weekends there are parties to attend. However since we are so close to the city there are so many other activites that people can go to like shopping at Faneuil Hall or going out to the movies.