Wichita, KS
Newman University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Newman University

Fixed  rate loan

Fixed  rate loan

Marissa

Taking an Avid tour of Newman University I was able to see the inside look of what their college life is about. The library was phenomenal, and their housing for on campus is so cute and cozy feeling. One of the major things that stood out to me was their cathedral area. This University made me feel at home!

Elise

So far most of the students are very lukewarm about the school. Nobody loves it, but not many hate it either. I wish that there was more of a community feel. During weekends, the parking lot is empty and you can't find a soul on campus. I also wish that more diverse class times were offered. Newman gives good scholarships and most of the students are on a scholarship of some sort. Overall it is safe, and the small campus makes everything easy to find, but to me, it does not feel like a typical college experience.

Janice

When I first got here, the first couple of weeks I thought I wouldn't like it because I was kind of lonely and a lot of people were starting to get to know each other or already did so I was thinking about transferring but now I am starting to like it a lot. There are a few things that could be changed but other than that it's alright.

Marilyn

Newman University is an institution that puts academia first. This is shown through their outstanding professors whom care for their students personally and educationally. I love how they want their students to graduate empowered to transform society. With a smaller campus, the social atmosphere is close knit and friendly. Attend Newman if you want to be valued and empowered for your future.

cynthia

It's an incredible school and I'm extremely lucky that I got the chance to attend. It's the first and only college I've attended, and I don't regret it. The campus isn't terribly big, so it's easy to get to class on time, and the teachers are always eager and willing to help their students learn in different ways. It's expensive, yes, but also very worth the money. Your education from there really carries more weight, since they prepare you better not just for your profession, but for life.

Dear high school self, It's not about you. I realize that you are amped to go out into the world and do the things you've long dreamed of, to stake your claim and let your voice be heard, but hear me out for just a moment. This may come as a surprise, but the world is a big place full of many people feeling what you feel at this very moment, and while this is a fine and natural thing, it is important for you to know that it is about more than you. All of history has built up to this single moment, gathering and forming itself into what it is today. There are people who have lived that history, learned it's lessons and now wait for you, and the countless others like you. Let them gift you their knowledge, let it ignite you so that you may one day encounter a high school senior and have enough to pass along to them. Like the past, you are an amalgamation of all the roads you have traveled thus far, and your journey is just begun!

The worst thing about Newan University (other than the parking) is the somewhat close-minded nature of the school. Not everyone who attends Newman is Catholic, students of alternative or no faith should be welcomed, not looked down upon.

I brag about how much I love the Occupational Assistant program, the history of the school, how lovely the campus is and how well the University staff listen to the voice and concerns of the students.

Craig

If I could go back and tell myself anything it would be to work as much as I possibly could and save up some money. College is really expensive and you'll need all the money you can get. I would also tell myself to go back and pay a little more attention in Math class. I slacked off in that class I know I could have done much better. Instead I took the much easier route and my class grade suffered. Also I would tell myself to apply for more scholarships so that paying for it will be alot easier and I won't have as much stress on me to figure out how to pay for it all.

I don't really find anything stressful about Newman. It's nice and small and the class sizes are small enough that you get enough time for the professors to know you

Krista

They are different in the fact that you are an actual person when you walk through the doors. They know you, they care about what you need, what you want to achieve and know how to get you there. I have enjoyed my classes so far and the teachers have been great. They have been there and worked with you whenever you needed them. I feel like I have truly come out of the class a little smarter about the subject than when I came in.

I would love to go back and start all over if I knew then what I know now. I would definitely start my college search a lot sooner than I did. I would tell myself to not be hesitant to try out for sports and clubs and be more a part of my school. I would tell myself to connect better with those around me, including classmates, teachers and administrators - even reaching out to those in my community. I would of told myself to try harder and to look for any and all scholarships available to graduating seniors. I would of told myself to study harder and create better study habits than those I am finally having to learn. I would tell myself to make memories and friendships that will grow even more while we attended the same college.

My advisor whould be the best thing about my school. I have never had anyone set me down and be willing to listen to all of my concerns and answer all of my questions. She knew how to best work my transfer credits to make the maximum impact in my future degree. She doesn't want me to just take any class to fill a spot, she wants me to take the best classes to benefit me and to fit my style of learning and the area of where I want to focus within the Communications field. I owe her!

Annette

It is a private catholic insitution, so small class size.

It is a private catholic insitution, so small class size.

As a high school senior I was extremely motivated, supplementing my senior schedule with college hours. One could deduce that I continued on to college with out fail. The sad reality was that I fell in love, and got impatient. Being so young, I thought that I would have plenty of time to work college into my life, however, reality of life hit with full force. Time has a tendency to slip away from you, and I soon found my aspirations of becoming a doctor faded into the shadows. Since then, I have been struggling to obtain money for college, so I enlisted into the Army. After one deployment, I found myself a single-mother. As a result, I chose an honorably discharged, allowing me to utilize the GI Bill for college. Given all the time and heartache that I have endured, I would advise my high school self, to be patient. Furthermore, attending college while life is simple is paramount to a successful outcome. Now, I do have college paid for, however, I have two little girls that absolutely depend on me. I am giving myself the same guidance, as I would my high school reflection, have patience.

Newman has a great faculty and they are genuinely interested in my success.

Rusty

The college experience has opened up a whole new world of opportunity to me. It has shown me through students, faculty and situations that I can do what I want to with my life. I'm a dreamer, and now I know that my dreams can indeed come to pass. When they say anything is possible, listen, because anything IS possible. Follow your heart.

Newman University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.