Concord, NH
NHTI-Concord's Community College

1 Rating

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend NHTI-Concord's Community College

Michaella

Being a community college that offers a lot of very well known health sciences and offereing programs here that no other New Hampshire Schools offer. Our Dental Hygeine and Nursing programs are extremely competetive. Also, NHTI offers Radiology Technician degrees which is a 2 year degree. Radiology Tech and Radiology Therapy are 2 majors that are only offered at NHTI for New Hampshire schools.

A student that is seeking an extremely fun night life at school this is not the place for them. If you want to go to a large school with a lot of people, and sororities, and fraternities, this is not the school for you either. I think any student who wants the "college experience" that includes drinking and partying, I would not reccomend you come here.

Haley

Our students at NHTI are considered dumb because we don't go to a four year college, they say we are at the school because we don't want to put in the effort of going to a four year school. I am at nhti because I feel like I belong their, I feel like everyone is able to be themselves. No one understands how amazing our community college is. Nhti is an important stepping stool and helps the students express themselves so they can blossom and move on in life.

The students more like community members because we are a community college and we stand together. I always help anyone who has any questions about the school, I never have anything bad to say about the college. This will be my second year and everyone has always been friendly towards me. I have never had any problems with the students at NHTI. Everyone works together and it makes it easier to spend more time at the school attending sports or extra curricular actives.

I am really interested in English and no matter how hard it was I pushed through and gave it my all the whole semester. My teacher worked with me no matter how many questions and concerns I had. I never gave up and that's how I always will be, I will never give up until I reach my goals.

Grace

It is a very beautiful campus that is vry easy to commute to. It has everything that you need right on campus. They work hard to make it's students feel comfortable and welcome. they do put effort into reducing the amount of stress a student feels, and calms the overwhelming new territory feeling that comes with the new experience. they definitely make their resources well known so the students are aware of help if it is needed.

Any student who cannot truly be commited to their work, studies etc... or if you cannot stay above the drama and nonense that goes on in the dorms. The opportunities are endless if your committed to success. Stay focused and never give up.

Dagny

NHTI is a good affordable start for anyone who doesn't know exactly what they want to do, or else a good cheap foundation if you know exactly which school you're going to transfer to.

I don't know what I need to know yet, I've just started, but maybe I wish I'd known to relax a little more and stop being a snob so I can make some friends.

Wendy

The thing that impresses me the most about NHTI is how helpful the office staff and the professors are. They really want students to do well. They are very willing to go out of their way to help. They are always there to answer questions. They are there for the students.

First of all, your senior year, although it is exciting and you are ALMOST finished with high school, is NOT the time to relax and slack off. Work hard now! All of the difficult classes you decide not to take in high school will come back to haunt you in college. Get those Chemistry and Biology classes out of the way in high school while they are free! You will be much more prepared for tough college courses with this basic knowledge also. Next is that I had my son when I was 20 years old. I will be 30 this year and I am STILL going to college. Since I have been a single Mom and I have had to work, go to school, and take care of my son, I have only been able to take 1 or 2 classes each semester. Now, while all of my friends have graduated college and are working at their dream job, I still don't have my degree yet. College is difficult for everyone. Having to juggle work, kids, laundry, college, school plays, and bills is even more difficult. Wait until after college to have kids. Please practice safe sex!

The campus is great. The library is open at late at night for studying and there are tables to sit outside at when we have nice weather.

Julia

New Hampshire Technical Institute is best known for the middle stepping stone after high school, since it is a two year school with lots of majors and programs, a lot of students go there before attending a four year school somewhere else. It helps for commuters who want to live at home and work and save money by paying in-state tuition.

Turning back time, and returning as a senior in high school I would tell myself to spend some more time focusing on what I want from college. I should have visited surrounding schools in New Hampshire and maybe even extend to Vermont, Maine, and New York. I am happy where I ended up, but the next step is to focus on where I should be going after my two years is up at New Hampshire Technical Institute. You don't realize on how big the world is out there until you are in it yourself, and that?s the hardest part to do.

The most frustrating aspect of going to college is the step between high school, where there are rules, regulations, order, and discipline to college where you make your own schedule, are self disciplined, and you are released into the real world. It is just a small step to the future that high school didn't introduce very well.

Kathlyne

The students attending the Tech are courtious and helpful.

The students attending the Tech are courtious and helpful.

If I was able to go back and tell my high school self and give my self advice about college life I would tell my self to work harder. I have learned that college is much different than high school and there is no one there to make sure you do our own work. The freedom of not having a parent there is fun but at the same time it hurts you if you are not self motivated. Days in college can't just be spent doing what you want. you have to also do the not so fun homework and classwork. I would tell myself to set aside time to study more often.

Any one who is interested in getting their Associates in the areas of study provided and is short on the ability to pay for their schooling. Those who are not able to pay a large amount per year would be greatly assisted by the low tuition.

Jacqueline

NHTI in Concord nh i feel is a good school, someone is always there to look out for you and will help as much as they can.

I believe my school is best know for its teachers they are always there to help by being there or email.

I would have done alot differently. I would have stayed in college in the 80's and pursued a bachelors degree. but i felt at the time i wasn't ready. i should have just pushed for it and had it over with. But I was doing a job where I wanted to be and didn't have the degree to get a promotion. I went back and got an associates degree. but now in my life I don't feel i made a bad career choice i felt comfortable. I achieved some goals but lost 10 years in time. Now i feel i want to help poeple by going into the healthcare field. When I was in high school they didn't have the options for careers that they do now like forensics, and so many more fields. i wish there were more options to us back then. The advice I would give myself would be go and look around at different colleges to see what kind of study programs they had. And not being limited to stay close to home, where there were limited careers. Thank you, Jackie

Laura

NHTI is very student and career focused school with an excellent reputation in many of its field. It maybe a small school but has a big campus feel that encourages and fosters students to be involved with their college and participate in many activities other than just attending classes. The college sets aside a two hour block of time once a week were students are allowed to attend and be part of on-campus groups such as drama club, student leadership, and the human service club which I plan on being a member.

The advice I would give is to explore as many employment hats, internships and job corps training programs that I could find. Asking myself to spend time determining my likes and dislikes and interests, then work at strengthening weaknesses that might get in my way. Starting at a local community college to complete my general education requirements course work has several advantages. Not matter what college you ultimately graduated from we all need to take the basic?s like English 101. We can not graduate without it. So why pay more money. Wait and spend your money at your transfer school that you researched thoroughly for the best program, professors, campus life and class schedules that fit you as a whole person. College is expensive but also a valuable investment in your future. A smaller in-state college in your backyard is the most affordable. In short do you research, ask questions, ask for help and most importantly do not rush it. It is a big decision. If you need more time to figure out which college is right for you take the time. College will be there when you are ready. It is worth it in the end.

I wish I had trusted the idea of going to a local community college or a two year program prior to attending a school out of state costing a lot more money. I have since come to realize that English 101 at a small local community college is the same as English 101 at Harvard except for the cost. We all have to take the same core general education courses to graduate.

ramey

I would had stayed in college and went straight to a four year college, i would had lived at home for as long as i could had as well.

By not living on campus, i feel pretty left out of alot of the activitys that take place at the school, everyone knows each other but me. I am also disappointed there is'nt more clubs at my school, i really wanted to be in an animal welfare club.

The finanical Aid office staff is pretty rude to everyone! When you ask them for help on anything they give you short word answers then act annoyed when you ask them for more information.

NHTI-Concord's Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.