Niagara University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Niagara University

Elise

I quite enjoy NU! It has great people, amazing service professors and lots of things to do! The only thing I am not happy with is the fact that they are allowing students to return to campus during a global pandemic. It is not the safest option but, I am thankful that they are providing online classes as a hybrid option.

Sammantha

I think it is a great environment to learn in; especially since class sizes are smaller than the average school it provides a bigger opportunity to ask queations. Also I enjoy that each professors knows your name; and it feels like a personal experience.

Brooke

Who says college isn't worth it or can't be fun? Since I have begun school at Niagara University, I have not once felt like it was not worth the work or money. Beginning at the first open house I attended, I have felt more than welcomed. The amount of effort, work, and detail put into each event and program shows how much the university really cares for their students and their education. There are many factors about the school that made me choose to attend Niagara University. The campus is located in a beautiful area in western New York near many tourist attractions. I was amazed at how breathtaking the campus was no matter which season it was. Whether a warm summer day or during a cold blizzard, the campus was beautiful. That is one aspect that makes going to campus more enjoyable. Another is how friendly and informative each staff member is. The abundant emails and phone calls to inform me with important information or to ensure I was on the right track was very helpful. Everyone I talked to was more than willing to answer any questions I had or help me with any tasks while enrolling and registering. I still encounter the same characteristics of the staff members today after being enrolled and attending classes. I learned that the professors at Niagara University are not as strict and harsh as shown on tv or at other schools. They all have taken the time and effort to know me on a personal level. Each student is known by name and have built amazing relationships with their professors. That connection has helped me learn a lot during my first semester and helped me make the transition from high school to college. While registering for classes, my advisor sat down with me one on one and thoroughly explained all the courses and credits I needed during my four years in college. That helped me feel more confident and prepared to take on the next four years of my life. What makes Niagara University different from other schools is their desire to develop students into well rounded individuals. Instead of just registering students for courses relating to their major, they require addition courses such as religion, philosophy, and liberal arts to be taken as well. This is what distinguishes a Niagara University graduate from other graduates with the same degree. Besides school, Niagara University has worked to maintain a safe and fun campus. There is high security in buildings and around the campus to ensure each student remains safe. That makes me feel more safe and secure knowing there are authorities on campus and I am not at any risk of danger. Throughout the school year, Niagara University has planned events to encourage students to get together and have fun.By g to events such as sports games, trivia nights, movies, a hypnotist show, and much more, I was given the opportunity to meet many new friends and have a great time. I have only been attending the school for a few months and already know I have made the right choice. I have found a new home and family and can not wait to experience the next four years here at Niagara University.

NICOLE

NU is an amazing school; but just like all other schools it has its negatives and positives. The staff are really nice and understanding, as well as the students. The curriculum could be reviewed and adjusted as for the nursing class, some classes require more than 1 semester of teaching and we only receive one.

I absolutely love Niagara University. The professors know your name and genuinely care about their students. There is an immense amount of opportunities to get involved on campus, and it is highly encouraged to do so. The campus is small and easy to find our way around. I have always loved my time here.

Maham

I love Niagara University. The professors are accessible. The class sizes are excellent. There are many extracurricular activities and opportunities to excel and live life. One of my only complaints is the food could be better. The dorms could use some work, and there could be more parking. Overall, excellent college.

Niagara University is an experience of a lifetime. The classes are challenging but your education is the main focus for all of the professors. The campus is beautiful and the students and professors are very friendly. There is always something to do both on and off campus and a plethora of opportunities to get involved in the community. Niagara focuses on their Vincentian values and encourages you to reach out to those less fortunate and provides you the perfect experience to learn and grow.

My overall opinion of Niagara University would be that this is truthfully an amazing college to attend. Don’t be scared. Everyone is extremely nice and always here to help! The professor are absolutely amazing and if you are ever struggling they are 110% available. Also there is so many things to do and for you to get involved with. Great college !

Kaylin

Niagara is a safe, beautiful, and fun campus and community. There is always something to do, and many different groups of people. The professors really care about you and get to know you. You make a second family here. Even the higher up people want to see you succeed.

Allison

This school is not only in a great area only minutes from the falls and Canada, they provide an awesome Education program. While that was my main reason for attending the school, over the years the professors have provided a personable experience in and outside of the classroom. The individuals around campus are ready to help if ever needed and you can always find a friendly face.

Meghan

Niagara University is a great choice because they offer plenty of financial aid and scholarship opportunities, the professors are extremely nice, actually care about their students and most of them answer your emails with in 24 hours. The classes are of average size and allow one on one time with the professor if necessary. The dining hall is ok, the dorms are a little warm, especially in the winter when the heats on but not too bad. There's also a mall down the road and Canada is 5 minutes away if you have your passport or enhanced license so theres never a shortage of things to do!

Abigail

I really like Niagara University. It was my first and only choice for college. I wanted to be somewhere I could grow in my faith as I am Catholic as well as receive a top tier education. Niagara University meets both of those marks. While I do not live on campus, I love the campus and my favorite places are the art museum, Alumni Chapel, and the library. I am very blessed to attend such a great school!

Corey

I will be attending Niagara University next year and everyone there is extremely respectful, welcoming and optimistic. The campus is absolutely gorgeous and the location is perfect, I can’t wait to start the next chapter my life at Niagara University!

Jamier

Niagara is a great school because it's filled with great people. Everywhere you go the professors and administrators have a smile and are willing to help you. They are experts at making this school feel like home and providing you with not only an academic but moral and spiritual education to make you the best person you can be !