Rhinelander, WI
Nicolet Area Technical College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Nicolet Area Technical College

Overall, Nicolet Area Technical College is a wonderful college. It as an affordable college to start at before transferring to a University. The professors are enjoyable but are able to teach students new things. The campus is surrounded by nature, with trees, a lake, and wildlife found around campus. The classes are generally small, around 20 people in a class making it easy to know other students but also the professors. The professors are always willing to help when you have issues.

Josie

Nicolet is a wonderful technical college for students in northern Wisconsin. The campus is surrounded by a forest, and Lake Julia is right behind one of the buildings. The class sizes are small, usually around 30 students or less, so the professors get to know their students personally, and are always available when you need help on class work, or have questions about the materials. All of the staff are extremely helpful, knowledgeable, and love what they do. There are multiple, student-run groups that everyone is open to join, as well as study abroad opportunities to London and Guatemala. Nicolet is also a fairly low-cost institution, and they have what's called the 'Nicolet Promise Program' where eligible students receive scholarships that cover the tuition not covered by other scholarships. The staff at the college also donate to the scholarship program that hands out hundreds of scholarships to students with financial need. Overall, the college is a beautiful place to go to, is full of friendly people, and is cost effective. There may not be sports or on-campus housing, but the opportunities nearby make up for this loss.

Anna

It’s a great college with small class sizes that make it so much easier to learn. Instructors will always offer student help even when it’s not during their office hours. There not much in the way of on campus housing, but the scenery on campus is wonderful.

Amethyst

The classes are good sized and offer a lot to learn. The tuition is fair priced. This college is also good about setting up community events that are fun for all ages. The only complaint i have had about the school is that outside of these community events, no one wants to meet new people and everyone tends to keep to themselves.

Andrea

This technical college has been such a blessing to my family and myself. First it is a small campus nestled in the great woods of northern Wisconsin and has beautiful Lake Julia literally steps away. Nicolet offers an extensive variety of educational opportunities with ample one on one time with instructors. Nicolet is an awesome place for those that do not want to wonder into the big city or especially for non-traditional students. The faculty of Nicolet does whatever they can to give their students the best possible college experience. I would recommend this tech school for any individual that would like to experience a non-traditional school with breathtaking beauty and outdoor activities that never cease to amaze.

Angie

Nicolet College has worked very hard over the years to obtain relationships with other schools in our state, especially the UW-System. You can start close to home and then transfer to a selected number of UW campuses throughout Wisconsin, or they have other opportunities available for the working adult to continue their education through an online university to complete their Bachelor's Degree. It is great how they are reaching out not only to the young high school graduates, but also to the working adults who want to continue their education but cannot afford to leave their day jobs.

Definitely wish I would have know that going back to school and working was an opportunity. Right after high school I continued working at the bank that I did through high school and could not afford to quit my day job and enroll full time. In 1982 online courses were not that popular. If I had known when I was a senior how important a Bachelor's Degree was in getting a decent paying job in the future, I would have paid more attention. If I would have known that when I started college classes I sink myself into the learning and forget about everything else in life, I would have continued sooner. If I would have known high school counselors were there to guide you through the process, I would have continued sooner. Although I was a mother, and a wife and working full time when I went back to school I learned that the courses I was taking I wanted to take, I lost myself in the learning, I wish I would have known that during high school.

I was very fortunate, Nicolet College offers accellerated courses for adults who are working full time. They are staffed with an excellent faculty, everyone I had for a class was extremely knowledgeable in what they taught. They have a beautiful lakeside campus, a bookstore with extended hours for working adults, and a wonderful learning enviornment. The only thing I wish I would have known is I wish I would have known about their accellerated adult learning program sooner and wouldn't have waited so long to enroll.

Karen

Nicolet is best known for a wonderful learning atmosphere that is located in northwoods of Wisconsin.

The best advice I could give myself would be to "stick with school !" Other things, like boyfriends can wait until you get a degree as the degree is so much more valuable than short term boyfriend/girlfriend relationships. You will find that you have many hidden talents that right now you never dreamed of. By staying in school and learning, you will find that you really are incredibly smart and can do anything that you put your mind to. Set goals and achieve them, your future depends on it!

Excellent instructors that really put extra effort and care into teaching - they want success from their students.

Nicolet Area Technical College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.