North Carolina A & T State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for North Carolina A & T State University

Jeffery

A beautiful campus and great student life. As a black student going to a school with also many like-minded African-American students is a unique experience. I think that the main issue in my years here has been the Mechanical Engineering department needs improvement on the engagement of their professors. It can often feel like they do not care about the students retaining information and learning as much as they care about the students simply memorizing information and passing their tests. Hopefully, this can be improved in the future so students can be better learners.

Ellis

I love it here especially when me and some friends went to the Qdoba resturant on campus the food was delicious and the employees were very nice especially Jamill Taylor she and the others were so nice and helpful and the service was great and me and my friends enjoyed eating their and we will be back there soon. i also love the games that we have at A&T its always fun and there is a lot of involvement from the students parents and aggie fans.

Tonjanae

It seems like a great HBCU University

XAVIER

I absolutely love my HBCU so much. I definitively couldn't have made a better decision on where to go to school for my undergraduate education. I will forever recommend this school to any upcoming college students, especially ones considering attending an an illustrious university such as this one. AGGIE PRIDE!!

Charnise

North Carolina A&T University lives up to its reputation as an university rich in history and determined to teaching its students life lessons, useful skills and a sense of pride in our history. It is an outstanding HBCU and I fell in love when I first stepped on campus. It's more than a school, the students, faculty and everyone else feel like family.

Aryhanna

I am an upcoming freshman and enjoyed visiting the beautiful campus and am looking forward to attending in the fall.

Brianna

Entering my freshman year, I was very timid. I am naturally shy and an extreme introvert so I had a pretty rough time making friends. Luckily I met one of my best friends who was my suite mate. I attended for 5 years and I eventually opened up and grew into a responsible young adult learning how to manage what is important such as class, grades and graduation versus things that don't see that major especially now such as relationships, hard classes or undesirable teachers. Over all I enjoyed my experience and am thankful for what I have gained attending my HBCU.

Jalan

A & T is an awesome place to be when you want to major in Agriculture, Technology, or Journalism and Mass communications. The café food and parking could be improved but otherwise, I enjoy being here. So far, I don't have too many complaints about the staff and faculty. My advisor is always there for me to ask questions about my major and class selections.

Sadeia

cool

Juaneisha

I love this school. It is absolutely amazing and I never regret being at this school. It is in a great city there are issues with all schools but the benefits outweigh the downfalls tremendously. At NCAT we are one big family and we love each other so much. AGGIE PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!

Selah

It is an overall great school. It is easy to make friends considering many people are friendly and are willing to socialize with you. There are parties every week considering the area is prominently filled with universities/colleges such as UNCG, WSSU, and Bennett College.

Destiny

I LOVE MY HBCU!!! AGGIE PRIDE!!! I am from Florida and I can honestly say it feels like home. The culture, pride, students and academics are amazing. There are students that are comfortable enough to sit under a tree and study. The housing department did not give me much of a hassle. The professors are understanding and helpful. Even if a professor has a horrible rating on RateMyProfessor, does not mean that they are not helpful. Most of my professors were the ones with the horrible ratings but I managed to have an A or B in those classes. The students are very friendly, creative and inspirational. Not many food choices. The cafeteria food is not too good but that's most cafeterias. The breakfast is amazing, definitely worth waking up at 7:00am. Campus is BEAUTIFUL! Especially at different times, when are clock tower changes colors. During Breast Cancer month it was lit pink. Overall, A&T has truly been a great school to experience my undergrad.

D'Yanna

North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University is an amazing school and I wouldn't have wanted to go anywhere else. The campus life is amazing and everyone is helpful. There are plenty of resources on campus. When I walk around on campus, I feel at home. I love my hbcu.

Jordan

North Carolina A & T is a state of the art university! There is always something to do on campus, if you're bored, its your fault. All Aggies love to party, but we always make it to class the next day.

miguel

our school is good overall with areas of improvement needed. the food that they serve in the cafeteria is not that great for the price they charge us for dining. housing can be slow to deal with your issues being that living on campus is your how now.

Zarek

North Carolina A & T State University was not actually in my top choices for schools I planned on attending but after spending an entire semester there I have to say this is the best place for me to attend college. It is close to home. There is always a lively night scene. Academics are held above all at this university. Between these few advantages the school provides and the fact that when attending this university you are surrounded by plenty of people who help in any way they can and really make you feel that you are a part of a family.

Charlinae

I love my school and I would definitely recommend A&T! There is something to do for every single person on this campus. I love my department of Animal science especially because everyone cares about you and your future. The professors are not here just for a check. They actually notify us on internships, jobs, and more. A&T is more like a family than just regular old college.

Cayla

North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University has become my home away from home. There is always stuff to do on campus and events to get the student involved. People are always around to help whether it is another student, a professor, or someone who works on campus. The school does a great job of making sure the students have a great college experience in the academic and social aspects.

JaMya

North Carolina A&T is the best decision that I could have ever made.

Christopher

I think North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University is an illustrious higher-learning institution that successfully prepares its students to become leaders and producers of society. I believe, given the history, and the funds that it is given per year, that this University utilizes them to the best of their ability and makes the campus as safe as possible.

Thoron

I love my HBCU greatly we are the best. Anyone would be lucky to go here, we are family.

Imani

As much as I love my HBCU, the university does not focus enough attention on all parts of the stem disciplines. The main emphasis is on engineering everything else is second to last. Another area of growth is in athletics. Our football team is known now for their big win against Alcorn State University in the Georgia Dome. I just wish that same energy and drive can be put behind the Biology, Chemistry and Math departments.

Faith

North Carolina A & T State University is an amazing Historically Black University (HBU), that has an amazing diversification of people and backgrounds. The students always have a place to relax whether at the student center, which has some of the newest gaming systems; the library, which has a large selection of books and journal articles that helps when doing research for class; truly any of the academic buildings on campus as each has a large lobby that offers Wi-Fi and other amenities such as couches and television. The professors are always helpful and available, they love answering questions that their students have, some are even willing to stay after class to explain certain topics that were discussed during the lecture. While A & T’s best known attributes is its engineering programs, A&T offers so much more, such as art, nursing, education, and business programs. Furthermore, the university offers a large selection of advancement opportunities, such as peer tutoring in the Academic Classroom building or the Office of Career Services; which helps with interview preparation, resume writing, and finding jobs on and near campus. Another thing to look forward to is the multiple activates planned around campus, you may have to keep your ear open, but there is usually something going on like movie nights at the dorms, or poetry readings at one of the lecture halls. Dorm life is alright; students learn to compromise with roommates, and the even the cheapest dorm has all the comforts of home.

Kymora

I love being a student at North Carolina A&T. It feels like home, so i am never really home sick. Everybody is welcoming and it feels like a family. There are alot of people from the DMV area that attend North Carolina A&T. It is usually things to do on campus.

Jaelin

I am a rising senior at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University (A & T). The campus is a nice size with an ever growing student population. The diversity shown at the school still does not compare to the overwhelming number of African American students, making it a historical black university. Another opinion I have is that A & T has rich history. The Greensboro Four are an example of the history found at A & T. Four men led a series of nonviolent protests through sit-ins. The Woolworth department store chain removed its segregation policy in southern states once the voices of those African American college students were heard. On the other hand, the acceptance of minority students is increasing making campus more congested. The influx of students on campus has made it increasingly hard to find parking spaces during class times. Besides this down side, A & T is a wonderful school and I cannot wait to graduate May 2019.

Charrel

North Carolina A&T is the best if not the most intellectual affordable university that anyone can ask for. And I can not wait to attend there. The professors are here to help anyone in need 24/7. The campus activities that are for the students bring everyone together. The only problem that I would say in their housing program.

I graduated from A&T and I will forever love every memory and opportunity I've gained while in undergrad. If I had to do it all over again I would choose NC A&T a trillion times over. What you receive from academics is exactly what your willing to put in; just like at any other university. Activities such as marching band (which is HUGE) honors clubs and Greek life are extremely relevant. My favorite part of attending A&T has to be the vast knowledge of African American studies not only at the university level, but in the entire city of Greensboro. If this is one of your options I strongly encourage you to go on a campus visit. After my visit my mind was made up.

Alexis

I love NC A&T. Its a large campus with Lots of things to do. Its hard not to be involved. The people are very friendly and welcoming. Most of all I love the culture and Greek life.

Kynnee

I can honestly say that being there for only a year? I've learned a lot. I've met a bunch of people. It actually was my first time failing a class but… when you find out that you're going to take a loss or two. It's okay you can always re-do but only like three times. I'm not gonna make this professional or what you want to hear. I love A&T, when I came for my freshman year I was nervouse. I thought there wasn't going to be many people like me but I was so wrong. I met the girl of my dreams, made an amazing best friend. I actually doubted going to college for a while but now that I'm here. I feel so welcomed and supported. Also to learn about my people and what they had to suffer is not a great thing to know but I'm glad that I know. Some of these professors will really look out for you and you know there's others who won't. Some are condescending and others are helpful. I've literally only been there a year and feel like I've learned so much not just in college about myself. I got to soul search and dig deep into who I am and I love it. My family could hardly care for it and way back when I would feel ashamed but you know what forget 'em is how I feel. I'm me and the fact it took me to go to North Carolina A&T to help me realize that is the most settling feeling i've ever experienced. I love this school, I love the people. Thank You A&T :)

Jazlyn

Overall this is a great school, like all school there are going to be down falls though. A lot of peoples say that A&T is a party school but it really more so depends on what you do as a person, if you do party just be sure to study and as hard even more than you party and most importantly be safe!!!

Joshua

One of the Largest Historically Black College/University (HBCUs) in the country. Rich heritage and very diverse. A lot of people come from all over to visit our school.

Edwin

North Carolina A&T is a campus with potential it allows student to express themselves, we are sometimes not heard individually, but that's why we come together in groups to express ourselves, learn with each other and hangout. THis university has well established a plan of growth (Preeminence 2020) there are always events going on on campus if your a student be sure to follow the social media accounts.

Gary

The illustrious North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University is, by far, one of the most resource-heavy institutions out there. The tools that students are handed by staff members, organizations, and campus interactions are put in place to create the most professional and intelligent workers possible.

Yaqway

Love it my mom works there alot of friendly people there.

Shaniya

North Carolina A&T State University is without a doubt the best HBCU to attend. The pride within our faculty, staff, and students is undying and always shown. The classes may be challenging (as expected), but our Professors are extremely reliable. There is always something to do on campus from karaoke nights to flag football in front of the café. Our Greek life is thriving and always exciting. Overall, I am so glad to be here and would not want to be anywhere else.

Malik

I absolutely love it. The environment is extremely welcoming. I remember when I first toured here, I didn't want to leave. The professors and all staff want to see us succeed. There are so many resources here that I don't see how someone couldn't succeed. At the end of the day its up to the person.

Bethany

NCAT is a fantastic school and an even better HBCU. The school is quite diverse and mostly everyone gets along. It is easy to find help on campus from professors and students. There are plenty of fun things to do on and off campus. It isn't hard to make friends and engage with all groups.

Rahim

A&T is a pretty good school if you stay focused and stick to your objectives. If you're easily distracted (there are plenty of them) and if your awareness and motivation isn't strong, then campus life can consume you. Find the right crowd and make sure their beliefs and priorities are similar to yours to grow strong reliable friendships. Stay on top of your grades and show your professors that you're making an effort.

calvin

North Carolina A&T State University is one of the well-known HBCUs. It prizes itself upon academics and AGGIE PRIDE! AGGIE Pride is something that only a true AGGIE can attest to. It is the willingness and determination upon any task that makes an AGGIE. As they say, once an AGGIE always an AGGIE and that there is an AGGIE wherever you go, and that's a fact.

Kerrington

I am an upcoming student at North Carolina A&T. I have been on many tours of the school. I see myself living and thriving on this campus. North Carolina A&T has brought all my dreams to light and they are able to provide me with the opportunities to grow and prosper as a student. North Carolina A&T has produced great leaders and one day I hope to be a great leader in my community and in society.

Jeanine

It is a wonderful and great school. There is always something to do and get involved in. For it to be an HBCU, this school is very diverse and open to diversity. They have a lot of things on campus that will prepare you for your future; for example, career fairs and job fairs.

CJ

North Carolina Agricultural & Technical State University is a incredible school. The school has student leaders that take the role of the "big brother/sister" to the underclass men. I surely recommend people applying to this institution.

Benicia

When i visited North Carolina Agriculture and Technical Sate university they were very welcoming and made me feel comfortable, i liked waking around the big open campus and hearing about other students college experiences. They had a very helpful ambassador group that took me around the school and i very much appreciated that.

Andrew

I think A & T is a beautiful campus with a great culture for the students and faculty. The A & T family makes the things work for the students. The university offers a variety of opportunities, friendships, and pride-boosting events. This university is perfect. AGGIE PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tiana

North Carolina A&T State University is the number 1 HBCU in the nation. We have the best sports teams, marching band, and dance teams. We have amazing students who care about their work and get the job done. We have access to everything we need on campus so there's nothing more you could want.

Sade

I think that this university really creates a family like environment for all its students. You can't feel invisible or unaccepted because there is a place for everyone here. The professors and even other students are always open to help. You should really consider joining in on the AGGIE PRIDE!!!

Rachael

Overall I truly believe that North Carolina A&T State University is the BEST HBCU anyone can attend, we are literally a family and everybody is friendly and outgoing which makes the transition from high school to college as smooth as silk. Academically speaking the campus is very good, there is tutoring for just about all schedules that include great hours so that people can attend no matter how busy their schedules may be. The only thing I can truly can complain about is the cafeteria food, its not that bad but it could definitely be better.

Jasmine

I love A&T I cannot picture myself at any other school. Nothing in this life is perfect, so there are a few flaws, there are a few times where I feel like I nor my opinion matters, but I have had a really fun time at this school. College is what I want to make of it and I choose to have a good life here.

Imani

As much as I love my HBCU, I believe there is room for improvement. The fact that not all of the areas of STEM are highlighted is an area of concern. Our engineering and technology department is strong but the science department is lacking as far as funding.

Vashti

A&T is a great school for networking and feeling like you belong. Most professors will help you as best as they can. The culture here is lively and welcoming. Before going here, I would definitely check how good the major you are applying to is, but overall, I am happy with the college I chose.