Durham, NC
North Carolina Central University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Carolina Central University

Ayanna

North Carolina Central University is a family oriented campus where everyone is always welcomed. There may be some problems within the residence halls, but overall we have a good time. My classes are a good size and my teachers are available majority of the time. I am the assistant Vice President of an organization and it is my freshman year. North Carolina Central makes sure that everyone knows they can join and be anything on campus if they just put their mind to it.

Marcus

I love the atmosphere, the people, teachers, and overall foundation of NCCU. Going to an historically black college/university is an experience I will never forget. College is a huge responsibility and privilege but NCCU makes that an easier ride. Ever since my first day, I told myself I would graduate from this school. It has provided me with life skills that I can never give back.

kalayah

In my opinion, North Carolina Central University is a mediocre university. My first few days here, I have already encountered serval problems. Every time I go to fix my problems I am almost always referred to someone else or another office. Also, the roommate selection process is horrid. My roommate and I are not exactly compatible and because of my current financial crisis, I cannot actually do anything about her. There are many other problems I have faced in the few days here however, I will not rant on.

Jelisa

I love my HBCU. It's very enthusiastic and everyone is very friendly. It has family vibe and I wouldn't trade it for anything. There are several ways to get involved and everyone is encouraged to do so. You never feel out of place and you'll always be greeted with a smiling face.

JoCora
I love my school !

I love my school !

The sense of family is very strong. There is also something to do whether on campus or in downtown Durham. Not far from Raleigh or Chapel Hill either. Great school.

A Pretty Okay University

A Pretty Okay University

It isn't a bad university, but it isn't top tier either. If you're looking for a small school with small class sizes, this is for you. They have a lot to offer STEM majors.

nadia

It is important that you take your eduaction seriously at all times. Being invloved in extra curricular activities will help you when being selected to a college program. It is also important to be involved in community service projects and show that you are a committed citizen of your community. Try to do things that involve various positive aspects and help make you stand out the crowd and become well rounded. Become involved in sports, arts, clubs, ect. Take challenging high school courses and test to help make you a strong canidate for college. Research career opportunities, descriptions, salaries, and their demand to help make your decision on what major to seek. If you can, start familarizing yourself in that career path by doing interships and/or jobs in that field, allowing you to get hands on experience and education. This will also help you decide early if you like your career path or need to reevalute your decision. It is also important to build a good reputation amongst your peers, teachers, and community as a serious, reliable, professional, charismatic, and educated individual. Sometimes the people you know helps you more than the acutal knowledge you posses.

The best thing is the atmosphere! There is a lot of school spirit and plenty of activities and programs to join. Highly recommend going to all athletic events and participating in some clubs, school social events, and community service activities!

School is expensive, whether you do have a scholarship or not, it is important to take it seriously because of this matter. Proritize your education before anything else, make sure to make smart money choices (buying used books online), and definetly do not get too invloved into the party scene. Make beneficial relationships with people who value you, themselves, and others! Network and get invloved with student organizations, teacher assistantships, and the community projects. Stay focused, positive, productive, and treat this phase of your life as as a preperation for real life. Go to class, study always, and work hard!

Raven

My school is friendly and well rounded.

My school is friendly and well rounded.

My school is best known for their biology, criminal justice, business administration, and political science programs.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to fill out a lot of scholarships. College is really expensive and nobody wants to pay back loans as soon as they graduate out of college. I would also tell myself to be prepared to do things myslef. There are no parents and your teachers are not going to look after you. You have to do things yourself, their is no one there to baby sit you. I woud also tell myself to study and take time to dedicat eto you work, doing things last minute is not going to get you a good grade like in high sschool. I would tell myself to make sure that I accept all the oppurtunites that are handed out to me and to have better timing with things. I would also tell myself to get enough sleep so I will be able to go to class on time the next day. First semester is always the hardest and also your trial and error but also the most important.

Ti'Tisha

I would tell myself to not give up on your dreams and to follow your heart and do what you think is the best thing for you. It’s your turn to make something of yourself now.

The that I am currently attending is called Kittrell Job Corps Center and they are know best for trade education

I don't consider there to be anything bad about this school. But you do meet a lot of interesting people

Jasmin

If I had the opportunity to go back to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as I can. This is the most important thing to me because college is expensive and the loans do add up. I would also tell myself to enjoy the next four years. College is the best four years of your life and you will make many lifelong friends. I would encourage my younger self to attend on-campus events to get the full college experience and meet more people. I loved my college experience because I took the time to get involved and to know more people. The people you meet in college can assist in the transisition because they can be individuals who already attend or individuals just like you that are still learning their way around. Knowing this information you can be assured that you are not the only one who may be feeling lonely or lost. Everyone goes through it but if you can make it through the first initial transition you will be good to go. Enjoy college!

Anyone can attend this school. It is very diverse.

The cafeteria is the most frustrating. The food very rarely has it's good moments.

North Carolina Central University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.