Durham, NC
North Carolina Central University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Carolina Central University

A Pretty Okay University

A Pretty Okay University

It isn't a bad university, but it isn't top tier either. If you're looking for a small school with small class sizes, this is for you. They have a lot to offer STEM majors.

nadia

It is important that you take your eduaction seriously at all times. Being invloved in extra curricular activities will help you when being selected to a college program. It is also important to be involved in community service projects and show that you are a committed citizen of your community. Try to do things that involve various positive aspects and help make you stand out the crowd and become well rounded. Become involved in sports, arts, clubs, ect. Take challenging high school courses and test to help make you a strong canidate for college. Research career opportunities, descriptions, salaries, and their demand to help make your decision on what major to seek. If you can, start familarizing yourself in that career path by doing interships and/or jobs in that field, allowing you to get hands on experience and education. This will also help you decide early if you like your career path or need to reevalute your decision. It is also important to build a good reputation amongst your peers, teachers, and community as a serious, reliable, professional, charismatic, and educated individual. Sometimes the people you know helps you more than the acutal knowledge you posses.

The best thing is the atmosphere! There is a lot of school spirit and plenty of activities and programs to join. Highly recommend going to all athletic events and participating in some clubs, school social events, and community service activities!

School is expensive, whether you do have a scholarship or not, it is important to take it seriously because of this matter. Proritize your education before anything else, make sure to make smart money choices (buying used books online), and definetly do not get too invloved into the party scene. Make beneficial relationships with people who value you, themselves, and others! Network and get invloved with student organizations, teacher assistantships, and the community projects. Stay focused, positive, productive, and treat this phase of your life as as a preperation for real life. Go to class, study always, and work hard!

Raven

My school is friendly and well rounded.

My school is friendly and well rounded.

My school is best known for their biology, criminal justice, business administration, and political science programs.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to fill out a lot of scholarships. College is really expensive and nobody wants to pay back loans as soon as they graduate out of college. I would also tell myself to be prepared to do things myslef. There are no parents and your teachers are not going to look after you. You have to do things yourself, their is no one there to baby sit you. I woud also tell myself to study and take time to dedicat eto you work, doing things last minute is not going to get you a good grade like in high sschool. I would tell myself to make sure that I accept all the oppurtunites that are handed out to me and to have better timing with things. I would also tell myself to get enough sleep so I will be able to go to class on time the next day. First semester is always the hardest and also your trial and error but also the most important.

Ti'Tisha

The that I am currently attending is called Kittrell Job Corps Center and they are know best for trade education

I would tell myself to not give up on your dreams and to follow your heart and do what you think is the best thing for you. It’s your turn to make something of yourself now.

I don't consider there to be anything bad about this school. But you do meet a lot of interesting people

Jasmin

If I had the opportunity to go back to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as I can. This is the most important thing to me because college is expensive and the loans do add up. I would also tell myself to enjoy the next four years. College is the best four years of your life and you will make many lifelong friends. I would encourage my younger self to attend on-campus events to get the full college experience and meet more people. I loved my college experience because I took the time to get involved and to know more people. The people you meet in college can assist in the transisition because they can be individuals who already attend or individuals just like you that are still learning their way around. Knowing this information you can be assured that you are not the only one who may be feeling lonely or lost. Everyone goes through it but if you can make it through the first initial transition you will be good to go. Enjoy college!

Anyone can attend this school. It is very diverse.

The cafeteria is the most frustrating. The food very rarely has it's good moments.

Desiree

Life is about taking advantage of the oppurtunities that come your way. In life there are many challenges, and different struggles that each individual faces. To get the best out of life you have to tap into your passion, and let that be the driving force in everything you do. Focus is Key, without focus you will be detoured on a route that will lead you to become less than you are destined to be. In college individuals are faced with many distractions, but you have to look at the overall goal. Imagine the sensation you will feel when graduating,seeing the smiling faces of love ones, and the feeling of accomplishment will overwhelm you. This world is bigger than You, your hometown, even the state you live in. Remain focused on the task at hand, and be the one who makes a change in the world. Because at the end of the day ask yourself? are your really living, or Just existing.

At North Carolina Central University, eagles strive for excellence. In attending this school a person should be well rounded, and able to survive on there own without parents. This school is socially accepting, caring for a diverse group of students from all backgrounds. A student needs to be focused, and priority driven to excel well at North Carolina central University.

At North Carolina Central university, there can be a lack of organization. Financial aid is pretty disorganized when it comes to getting your stuff on time.

Dejah

NCCU has one of the top Nursing programs. That is amaizng to me. Also I beleive that everyone is a family here. We have so much fun when we come together. People are here just for you, just for you to have friened. We are not just a HBCU, but we are a community. We have amazing school pride. I think we are an awesome school.

I think I would have told myself to make better grades, so I can have a better GPA. I think if I had a better high school GPA I could be in the honors program they have. I really also would have told myself to continue to apply for scholarships, so I could not be taking out so many loans. I would have told myself that college, would be way different and that sometimes things happen for a reason. I would have told myself that college work, can be less, but you never really know when it is going to be due, or how long you will be writing a paper for. I wish I would have told myself that I am a great student and a hard worker,so that I will be able to manage myself better in college.

Sometimes the finanical aid is messed up. They say that they are giving you money, but they really dont. You have to hassel them down just to talk to them. They seem to care, but honestly as long as they are making money, they do not care that much about if school is paid off or not. Sometimes it gets really annoying because it your college days, not theirs.

Sara

If I could go back to speak to myself before college I would tell me that just because you don't go to a fancy private 4 year college doesn't mean that you are settling or letting yourself down. If you are happy with the school choices you are making and you enjoy it then you are doing the absolute best thing for yourself. Going to school for massage therapy is not a back up choice. It is what you truly want and what you love to do. Making people feel good and have less pain is what you live for. Don't let your family and friends tell you you are selling yourself short because you're not going to be a doctor or a lawyer. Tell them that what you do truly helps people and makes them happier with life and their body. The power of a healthy healing touch is one of the greatest things on earth that we can experience. And you will be providing that for people. That is amzing.

Toni

My classmates are hardworking, studious, goal-seeking, family-oriented, and helpers.

I would ask myself three quesions: Are your study habits right for college? Are you ready to deal with life decisions by yourself? Are you financially stable for each semester of school? After asking myself these three questions, I would advise myself to build study habits because college is all about studying. Choosing not to study is basically choosing not to be in college. I have been at North Carolina Central University since August 2012 and I have been faced with so many challenges. Challenges that made me realize that I had to make decisions that could affect my future. Being in college, I saw so many things that I never thought I would see or hear. Drugs, alcohol, and conversations that made me uncomfortable. I learned that I had to choose friends and associates wisely. College is very expensive and because I have no parents, I have to find ways to pay for college alone. I would sit down and go over all of these questions with myself to make sure that my answers to each of these questions were positive responses and to make sure I can handle everything on my own.

Anyone who is not willing to start a great social life and does not like to be involved with school activities should no attend North Carolina Central University. Also, if the student is not willing to work hard and dedicate a lot of their time towards studying and working, they should not attend.

Jawanza

Our school is the top HBCU in the nation. It's not just historically black but there are many races here too. We have people from the all over the world. We are a diverse campus.

I would tell myself to never slack in college. The college life is NOTHING like the high school life. It gets way harder and comes with more work. But do not worry, there are people here who can help you. Also if you need a little down time, college has that too.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend NCCU is the one that is not willing to work and make something of themselves. Also, the one that is only there to party.

North Carolina Central University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.