Durham, NC
North Carolina Central University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Carolina Central University

Desiree

Life is about taking advantage of the oppurtunities that come your way. In life there are many challenges, and different struggles that each individual faces. To get the best out of life you have to tap into your passion, and let that be the driving force in everything you do. Focus is Key, without focus you will be detoured on a route that will lead you to become less than you are destined to be. In college individuals are faced with many distractions, but you have to look at the overall goal. Imagine the sensation you will feel when graduating,seeing the smiling faces of love ones, and the feeling of accomplishment will overwhelm you. This world is bigger than You, your hometown, even the state you live in. Remain focused on the task at hand, and be the one who makes a change in the world. Because at the end of the day ask yourself? are your really living, or Just existing.

At North Carolina Central University, eagles strive for excellence. In attending this school a person should be well rounded, and able to survive on there own without parents. This school is socially accepting, caring for a diverse group of students from all backgrounds. A student needs to be focused, and priority driven to excel well at North Carolina central University.

At North Carolina Central university, there can be a lack of organization. Financial aid is pretty disorganized when it comes to getting your stuff on time.

Dejah

I think I would have told myself to make better grades, so I can have a better GPA. I think if I had a better high school GPA I could be in the honors program they have. I really also would have told myself to continue to apply for scholarships, so I could not be taking out so many loans. I would have told myself that college, would be way different and that sometimes things happen for a reason. I would have told myself that college work, can be less, but you never really know when it is going to be due, or how long you will be writing a paper for. I wish I would have told myself that I am a great student and a hard worker,so that I will be able to manage myself better in college.

NCCU has one of the top Nursing programs. That is amaizng to me. Also I beleive that everyone is a family here. We have so much fun when we come together. People are here just for you, just for you to have friened. We are not just a HBCU, but we are a community. We have amazing school pride. I think we are an awesome school.

Sometimes the finanical aid is messed up. They say that they are giving you money, but they really dont. You have to hassel them down just to talk to them. They seem to care, but honestly as long as they are making money, they do not care that much about if school is paid off or not. Sometimes it gets really annoying because it your college days, not theirs.

Sara

If I could go back to speak to myself before college I would tell me that just because you don't go to a fancy private 4 year college doesn't mean that you are settling or letting yourself down. If you are happy with the school choices you are making and you enjoy it then you are doing the absolute best thing for yourself. Going to school for massage therapy is not a back up choice. It is what you truly want and what you love to do. Making people feel good and have less pain is what you live for. Don't let your family and friends tell you you are selling yourself short because you're not going to be a doctor or a lawyer. Tell them that what you do truly helps people and makes them happier with life and their body. The power of a healthy healing touch is one of the greatest things on earth that we can experience. And you will be providing that for people. That is amzing.

Toni

My classmates are hardworking, studious, goal-seeking, family-oriented, and helpers.

I would ask myself three quesions: Are your study habits right for college? Are you ready to deal with life decisions by yourself? Are you financially stable for each semester of school? After asking myself these three questions, I would advise myself to build study habits because college is all about studying. Choosing not to study is basically choosing not to be in college. I have been at North Carolina Central University since August 2012 and I have been faced with so many challenges. Challenges that made me realize that I had to make decisions that could affect my future. Being in college, I saw so many things that I never thought I would see or hear. Drugs, alcohol, and conversations that made me uncomfortable. I learned that I had to choose friends and associates wisely. College is very expensive and because I have no parents, I have to find ways to pay for college alone. I would sit down and go over all of these questions with myself to make sure that my answers to each of these questions were positive responses and to make sure I can handle everything on my own.

Anyone who is not willing to start a great social life and does not like to be involved with school activities should no attend North Carolina Central University. Also, if the student is not willing to work hard and dedicate a lot of their time towards studying and working, they should not attend.

Jawanza

Our school is the top HBCU in the nation. It's not just historically black but there are many races here too. We have people from the all over the world. We are a diverse campus.

I would tell myself to never slack in college. The college life is NOTHING like the high school life. It gets way harder and comes with more work. But do not worry, there are people here who can help you. Also if you need a little down time, college has that too.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend NCCU is the one that is not willing to work and make something of themselves. Also, the one that is only there to party.

Kiera

My classmates are really social, they aren't afraid to communicate with each other.

If i could give my high school self some advice about college it would be to not take it as a joke. I didn't realize how much harder it was going to be than high school. Don't procastinate on assignments because unlike your high school teachers, your professors won't remind you when work is due. If you forget then it's on you.

I think the best thing about NCCU is how accepting the students are of others. They don't discriminate . They make you feel as if you are apart of the Eagle family.

Alice

Go to College right out of High School before you start a family. It is so difficult to focus on studies when you have a spouse and children. Get your education behind you while you don't have any commitments or distractions. You will find in the long run that it is much more beneficial. You will learn and retain so much more. You will be able to be more involved in student activities. You will be entering the adult world soon enough. Don't rush it.

Derrell

Law School, Sports, Med Program, and School of Business.

Law School, Sports, Med Program, and School of Business.

Dear Derrell, Patience. College will teach even your impatient self the value of patience. From waiting in line, to waiting on transcripts- college will teach you patience. Also, fun time is over! Collegiate athletics are not fun at all. It’s all work, no play and practice! Practice! Practice! Right now, it’s exciting to miss class for a baseball game. But when you get to college, believe it or not, you’re going to wish you were actually in class. It is important to learn time management skills now, opposed to the hard-way your sophomore year. Remember, there will be a lot of distractions in the dormitory, so learn to love the library early. Most importantly, continue to stay focused. If you never fail or drop a class, you’ll be able to graduate in exactly four years. You’re doing great! Keep up the good work. Also, give granddaddy a kiss for me.

Corry

Hello Corry: There are many things that college life will seem to offer you freedom; Lack-of restrictions and independence which will mean a lot if you don’t seize every opportunity to do your best. Hold on to the need for freedom and take on the need for completion. The old saying don’t wait for tomorrow to do the things you can do today is true. Do your work today because tomorrow there will be more to do. When you need help don’t be afraid to ask. Teachers are human too and you are not the only student they have. Even though they can see that you need assistance the person who comes to them is the one who will receive the needed help. Stay on Course. You have a plan COMPLETE IT.

North Carolina Central University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.