Durham, NC
North Carolina Central University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Carolina Central University

LaToya

Well my school is really here to help you.It has so many resources for you to suceed.

I would tell myself to actually take more time and study. I would also tell myself not to wait to the last mintue to do things that concern me getting a education. If I could go back in time I would tell myself that I need to work more and save my oney and not waste it on useless things.

I don't find anything frustrating about my school.

Shaniquah

Its the first of the year and now it is time to buckle down and fill out theses scholarships, free money is the best money. Reguardless school will be paid for, but not having loans to worry about would be one less thing to worried about once your a freshman in college. If not already sports are important, thats one way to use your talent and have somebody else pay for your school. Also the most expensive thing you might have to pay for next year will be your books so once again scholarships scholarships and scholarships! Good luck and you made it so don't give up now because the expression people give you when you tell them your a college student is a feeling i wouldn't change for the world.

When I tell my Best Friend A Aggie at North Carolinia A&T I tell her about the freedom and the independence i learned to gained my first year at Central. Then i go into the Kappa's and how the shimmy.

The most frustated thing about my school is how its not know for too many things, and how we sometime get bad comment because of the area.

Rosetta

NCCU shows you how to be on your own and is a really good school if you want to balance your social and adacdemic life.

Dear high school Rosetta, Though all the hard work may seem useless now, trust me it's going to be worth it in the end. Continue to stay focused and make the best out of every situation. I know you have a lot planned for your future and with hard work and God by your side I know you're going to be able to accomplish it. Don't fall into peer pressure, continue to stay strong minded. The transition from high school to college may not necessarily be the easiest one but I have faith that your going to make the best out of every situation. Remember what your mother and grandmother taught you about life and don't forgot those many words of wisdom. Appreciate the care-free life now because you're going to miss it when you get to college. With everything that you may go through remember that you are never alone because you have family, friends and above everybody else you have God. Make wise decisions and if you should fail just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and try again.

The best thing about NCCU would have to be the school spirit. At football games and basketball games we are always cheering the teams on. We are often in competion with other HBCU's and NCCU always stands their ground and let other's know that we are the best.

Ronald

If I could go back in time to talk to my high school senior self, I would first encourage myself to keep my job. Having a job allows for more freedom and independence while away in another city. No longer would I have to depend on my parents for cash and then figure out how to make $50 last for 2 weeks. I believe it would have enhanced my social life in college as well. I would also tell my high school self to thoroughly research the program for the major I'm pursuing. Ensure that the campus actually has all of the features listed in the brochure before committing to a particular course of study. I lost almost a year of coursework after changing my major from music to business, as I didn't investigate the music program fully before enrolling.

Honestly there wasn't anything extremely bad about NCCU. If I had to choose I would mostl likely say the cafeteria food, although I believe that they've changed food vendors since I've graduated. When I was there, it wasn't like the food wasn't good, I just wish there was more variety. The menu was pretty predictable and didn't change much from week-to-week. But, when you're a broke college student you have to make due with what you have.

The most frustrating thing about NCCU would undoubtedly be the parking situation. While there are limited parking options for those that reside on campus it is increasingly difficult for off-campus students to find proper parking before class starts. The City of Durham claims to have precedence over the streets that cut through the campus and therefore issue city citations to those parking illegally or over the 30-minute time limit. It always seemed like a predatory practice to me, but there really is nothing we can do about it.

Nashae

Whether one is attending NCCU because they want to get a decent paying job in the future or because they aspire to pursue a specific career, they all are there because they are driven and enthusiastic persons who are ready to change their world.

From the time I was a child, I had colossal dreams and knew that I would do everything in my power to achieve them. Fortunately, that same mentality has remained with me as I have matured into young woman. From Kindergarten all the way up until Senior year in high schhol, I received excellent grades and desired to attend college.

The worst thing about my scholl would have to be the crime-infested neighborhood it unfortunately is placed in.

Loquacious

I love my class of 2013. I just started to get really involved in my school and i absolutely love it! I love networking and meeting new people. My classmates are very helpful and love to help everyone succeed and excel. Of course there is a little bit of drama in every group, but I believe that no matter the drama, problem, or situation, my class (or generation) will strive and make this world a better place. Hopefully I'll receive this scholarship to achieve this goal to become an accountant.

Throughout my college experience that I have gained so far, I have learned many valuable things. At North Carolina Central University, I have learned to distinguish between friends, associates, and true friends. Everyone will go through this process and realize who to trust; but, its all about respect. Respect goes a long way in life. I have made many friends and associates by giving respect to my peers and teachers by therefore gaining a wonderful network to succeed. I've learned to have school pride, to be independent, and to strive for excellence! Although I have gone through a rough patch in my life because my mother went to jail & my father became a drunk, I will admit that my grades suffered a lot. I went into depression for awhile, but I want to take this experience and use it to my advantage to build me up instead of tearing me down. I am striving to maintain a 3.0 or higher throughout my college life to become better than my parents, to be independent, and to break the mode for my childern to come. I love NCCU and there is no other college that I can see myself loving.

I wish I had known about the financial struggle that I have been through while being at this school. My mother just recently went to jail and my father does not make enough to support the rest of my tuition. I am sadly struggling and I wish I would have known that all of this was going to happen. If I did, I would have signed up for the ROTC program or National Guard to pay for my schooling. "Sometimes you have to do things that you don't want to do, to get to where you need to be."

Destiny

For it only being my first semester, I have gotten better study habits, I have learned to live on my own, I have made new friends, and I have learned alot more about myself. I don't think I would of been able to accomplish any of this if I didn't have the college experience.

Cassidy

As a formerly homeschooled student, my college education thus far has been inexpressibly valuable to me in a number of surprising ways. Prior to enrolling in community college, my education had been hand-tailored to my individual needs, but this also meant that I grew up with very little peer interaction in an educational setting. College, as well as filling these gaps and developing my personal skills immensely, has given me the opportunity to hold numerous leadership roles on campus, and even to lead community service events as the president of my campus Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society chapter. What has been of the most value to me, however, is that college is helping me to rapidly attain the skills I need to fulfill my dreams of pursuing solutions to world hunger. College, effectively, is letting me attain my dreams so that I can help others attain their dreams of survival, and I believe everyone deserves to have a dream fulfilled.

Lakeisha

VEry helpul and motivational. Determines by which group of people you are around.

It is a great life experiance. You geta great education and you meet great people on your life.

There's nothing fustrated with my school.

diane

I have gotten a great experience from attending community college. Not only have I been able to obtain an AS degree in Business Administration but I will shortly be transfering to Cal Poly Pomona to work on my bachelors degree in Accounting so that one day I can become a CPA. Being a single mother of two kids it has been extremely hard to support my children but with knowing that one day I will have the skills and education to have a sucessful career it has made me remain possitive and look forward to what life has to offer.

North Carolina Central University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.